Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are your spaz moments while playing video games?

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
I used to play Starcraft and Starcraft 2. I eventually did 1v1 in Starcraft and I decided to do it in Starcraft 2. I always went random and never switched before the timer. 

But I was playing SC 2 and when I lost a 1v1 game I should have won, I got so mad that I threw my mouse across the living room and smashed it to pieces. The thing that bothers me is that when I make a dreadful mistake in a game I should have won, I got so mad. Then I went out and bought a new mouse and started playing 1v1. Then I noticed that my heart rate would go up and my armpits would get sweaty before a game. 

I decided that gaming shouldn't be stressful and stopped playing SC 2. It's a lovely game though. I also broke a few diablo 2 CD's when I lost a few duels in diablo 2 HC, especially one where I dueled a knowing hacker who had a hacked weapon and still decided to duel him when I am 100% legit. I lost and smashed the CD. 

I've also had other spaz moments, where I was flying a big freighter in EVE and using my other account to scout ahead. When I reached the final destination, I got lazy and just went ahead with my freighter and not the scout. I got attacked and I ended up jumping ship and leaving my freighter for the takers. I was so mad at myself cuz i had a scout and was being lazy, i raised all sorts of ruckus on alliance email :)

It was not a good moment. Pretty pathetic at the time. I don't think I physically broke anything though. I've also slammed the desk a few times while playing PoE in HC when I die in a dumbass way. I usually quit PoE for a time. I can only take a few deaths a new league before i stop playing ;)

What are your spaz moments? Feel free to make fun of me :)

Cryomatrix
Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Fun topic. 

I was playing City of Heroes. In real life, I was not wearing a shirt. My character went down into a sewer and was sloshing through the tunnels. Flies were buzzing around in those sewers. Then suddenly - in real life - an actual fly flew into my study and landed on my naked back!

At that moment there was no longer any difference between my virtual world and my real one, and I screamed in a very unmanly, un-superhero like way. 
    CryomatrixHluill

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• sunandshadowsunandshadow Member RarePosts: 1,985
    @Cryomatrix I know a guy who used to have bursts of temper just like that.  They are in fact the reason I broke up with him, because I was dating him at the time and it was kind of terrifying - I never knew if one of his fists might come flying at me the next time he lost it.  His issue turned out to have a brain chemical cause, and after he started taking antidepressants the problem vanished.
    I want to help design and develop a PvE-focused, solo-friendly, sandpark MMO which combines crafting, monster hunting, and story.  So PM me if you are starting one.
  • jitter77jitter77 Member UncommonPosts: 512
    I play a lot of online golf.  Losing a match I should have won or missing an easy putt makes me smack my PC desk.  When I had a Sega Genesis I used to rip the cartridges out of the system and chuck them across the room.  5.25" floppy disks used to fly good as well.  I hardly ever even get slightly mad in "real life", but for some reason games put me over the edge. 
  • dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    I was playing Lineage 2 a while back and I was in the middle of a fight when my mouse suddenly stopped working.  It was a corded mouse so it couldn't have been a battery problem.  I'm now furiously shaking the mouse out of desperation.  Finally I look down and see my 7 week old puppy chewing through the cord.
    Sovrath

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    The first time I suffered the death penalty of item and skill loss, in PvP (wurmonline).  Turned me into a weeping baby for a bit.  Though I was primed for it due to RL stuff, and my happy place suddenly not being happy was the last push.  Through I haven't had such a repetition since.

LOL, was one.  Though considering the game is literally designed to bring out the worst in people, it's not surprising (shoving a bunch of strangers in a cage, making everyone suffer for one person's mistake, a game with many competencies but at the same minimizes what you can practice on, and excessively long games even when the conclusion is known).

Fortunately I'm sane enough to not air my dirty laundry in public. 

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    I used to play a lot of World of Warcraft on a PvP server with a bunch of my friends and whenever the opposing faction would kill me and spawn camp me. I would send them all kinds of hate messages and bash on my keyboard.  I don't usually hold grudges but that was bad.