Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prime Server Launches - Time to Go Back to the Future - Rift - MMORPG.com

Comments

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited March 2018

Dragnelus said:

Well, I guess that's only for level 1? I think you can buy other souls at higher level with planatire.

what they changed soul names? or thats just "builds" names?
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Warlyx said:

Dragnelus said:

Well, I guess that's only for level 1? I think you can buy other souls at higher level with planatire.

Build names. Trion got into this thing where they let players create suggested build. So we got stuff like the Spaghetti Ninja and b3wbMa5t3r. "Builds and guides by ihunglo.
    BruceYeeRueTheWhirl
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    SBFord said:
    So not all of those are available at creation, right?  The suggested builds at creation are a totally different thing.
    itchmonMrMelGibson

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    @Torval so the presets offered at character creation, are those viable or should we be looking to the internet to guide our builds?

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247
    So the new thing in MMORPGs is lets take a game on life support and relaunch it and hope for the Realm Reborn effect or has it become profitable to do this for a quick cash injection?
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    So the new thing in MMORPGs is lets take a game on life support and relaunch it and hope for the Realm Reborn effect or has it become profitable to do this for a quick cash injection?
    Pretty much. Rift is a pretty much dead game at this point with a very very low population. ArcheAge might be one of the few  games with less people playing it. I expect it to shut down fairly soon. 
    Allerleirauh
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

SBFord said:

So not all of those are available at creation, right?  The suggested builds at creation are a totally different thing.

The game suggests from a few handmade templates when you start. I guess it's to bring people in who don't want to theorycraft... to me theorycrafting is what rift does better than any of its theme park brethren and makes it stand out.

Anywho, all you have to do to nullify one of the builds is to manually spend a soul point when you level and you're back to build your own class.

Enjoy

MadFrenchie

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    If this gets over to developers and some posters on here that more modern is not always better  its a good thing. :)
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Celcius said:
    Pretty much. Rift is a pretty much dead game at this point with a very very low population. ArcheAge might be one of the few  games with less people playing it. I expect it to shut down fairly soon. 
    The funny thing about Archeage is that this method would've got more popularity than rift if it had a sub only server with cosmetic CS at most.
    MrMelGibson
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2018
    Dam it ... im in ... as much as hate the idea of the server shuttering .. Vanilla Rift is to much fun ... Guardian Marksman ............. Ricochet

and Guardian Dwarf Druid .................Stitches
    Post edited by Scorchien on
    YashaX[Deleted User]
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Albatroes said:
    Celcius said:
    The funny thing about Archeage is that this method would've got more popularity than rift if it had a sub only server with cosmetic CS at most.
    Yes AA would.  The problem though is AA would need to completely revamp the crafting system with the Regrades because the Regrade system is solely designed to make AA money.  Add to that the Labor point system would need to get revamped as well.   
    MrMelGibson
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,868
    Albatroes said:
    Celcius said:
    Yeah absolutely, I would play it if they did this for AA for a couple months. As long as they do it like they did the fresh start servers. 
  • WarzodWarzod Member RarePosts: 495

Torval said:

Warzod said:

Warlyx said:

Dragnelus said:

Build names. Trion got into this thing where they let players create suggested build. So we got stuff like the Spaghetti Ninja and b3wbMa5t3r. "Builds and guides by ihunglo.

Don't quit your day job. You comedy sucks.

So does your attitude. Guess we both have something to work on.
    Rnjypsy
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited March 2018
    I forgot how toxic MMO's can be without the cash shop determining who is a king or peasant. Guess the cash shop serves a purpose other than fleecing players for cash.
    IselinLurv
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Is the melee mage (Harbinger I think) soul available? It's the only class I really liked in this game. If it's available right now, I might consider checking it out.
    Yeah I loved mine too but then I also enjoyed my original vanilla Chlorolock too.

I might just check this out too. 
    YashaXMrMelGibsonLurv
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I think I am going to give this a whirl if I have the time, decide to make the time.  Does anyone know what a good melee/healer build would be.  I also might try a melee magic class.  Any info on what are some good combos would be nice. 

Thanks in advance.

Also, what about a good pure raid healer class? 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Hmmm, this is tempting but I have been reading on the Rift forums that they have nerfed xp gains on Prime, and that xp from closing Rifts is particularly bad. Someone said they ran out of quests for their level and had to grind mobs for two hours to get from lvl 12 to 14 (when the next quest chain was available).

Personally, I enjoyed playing Rift back in the day mainly by doing Rifts, invasions, and warfronts and keeping away from quests and grinding mobs as much as possible.

How are you guys finding it? Is it leveling too slow or are people just blowing it out of proportion?
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    I don't mind that they nerf experience to slow things down if there are other ways besides grinding mobs to gain it but then I was recently grinding mobs in classic private Everquest server and laughed at my own reluctance to do that in any other game.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    SBFord said:
    I found the soul vendor.

Pff the one I want.   

• AthisarAthisar Member UncommonPosts: 666
    I think people are exaggerating the xp thing. Yes it's slow paced but the cap is 50 and there are no raids open yet. If you do all the quests (including carnage), dailies and close a few rifts you won't run out of quests - I have done this to 14 with no grinding mobs at all. I think people complaining are not going back to check areas for new quests and have missed some, or are too used to some modern MMOs where you gain a level every 5 minutes.
    YashaXRnjypsy
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Athisar said:
    I think people are exaggerating the xp thing. Yes it's slow paced but the cap is 50 and there are no raids open yet. If you do all the quests (including carnage), dailies and close a few rifts you won't run out of quests - I have done this to 14 with no grinding mobs at all. I think people complaining are not going back to check areas for new quests and have missed some, or are too used to some modern MMOs where you gain a level every 5 minutes.
    Good to know, although the posts I have read say their issue started at level 14 on the defiant side.

MrMelGibson
    YashaX said:
    Athisar said:
    Good to know, although the posts I have read say their issue started at level 14 on the defiant side.

I've seen people complaining from level 10 or so. If it starts at 14 it won't last long because the random dungeon tool is available at 15 and those grant a ton of xp. I'm Guardian about 14.5 and still have a couple of quests, plus today's dailies, which will easily take me to 15.

YashaX
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    Dragnelus said:
    SBFord said:
    I found the soul vendor.

Pff the one I want.   

How long would it take to get 2000 of that currency?  Is it something that can be accomplished quickly.  Or is it something you have to grind at cap?  I have no interest in playing ranged mage, so if I have to play one to cap to play my spec of choice, I suppose i'll pass for now.
    Dragnelus said:
    SBFord said:
    I found the soul vendor.

Pff the one I want.   

How long would it take to get 2000 of that currency?  Is it something that can be accomplished quickly.  Or is it something you have to grind at cap?  I have no interest in playing ranged mage, so if I have to play one to cap to play my spec of choice, I suppose i'll pass for now.
    2000 wouldn't take long. I've only closed a few rifts and have over 300 at level 14. Obviously as you get higher level you earn more too. At a guess by mid 20s.
    MrMelGibsonYashaXDragnelus
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    edited March 2018
    Athisar said:
    Dragnelus said:
    SBFord said:
    I found the soul vendor.

Pff the one I want.   

2000 wouldn't take long. I've only closed a few rifts and have over 300 at level 14. Obviously as you get higher level you earn more too. At a guess by mid 20s.
    No idea tbh. Atm I am level 11 and got around 200. Didnt really farm just doing it when one is close by.
    MrMelGibson