Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Beta Starts July 4th 2018!!!

Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
edited March 2018 in Camelot Unchained

Won't be able to sit and watch this whole stream right now but does anyone know if there will be an NDA on the Beta or will people be allowed to stream it? 
Post edited by Gyva02 on
AmatheBeezerbeezJamesGoblin

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Around minute 33 they mention beta 1 starting with a no streaming, limited NDA on certain tests and then being removed completely sometime during beta 1.

Gyva02[Deleted User]JamesGoblincheyanejimmywolfMrMelGibson

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    TY Kyleran
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Only 4 months to go! 
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    It's actually Beta 1 that is projected to start July 4 not Open Beta. There will be 4 beta stages: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, and Open Beta. Open Beta is likely to start a year or more after Beta 1 begins.
    KyleranJamesGoblin

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Gyva02Gyva02 Member RarePosts: 499
    meddyck said:
    It's actually Beta 1 that is projected to start July 4 not Open Beta. There will be 4 beta stages: Beta 1, Beta 2, Beta 3, and Open Beta. Open Beta is likely to start a year or more after Beta 1 begins.
    TY, title changed
    As I only play games post launch and usually plus a year my excitement level from this announcement is somewhat muted.

I am thinking sometime in 2021 is when I might get to play it.

And to think I'm an alpha backer .....

;)
    JamesGoblinScotMrMelGibson

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Any news on how the preparation for beta is going?
    Hype has kind of died down after the announcement.

I'm hoping this game will save mmorpg PvP :(
    JamesGoblin

..Cake..

sgel said:
    Any news on how the preparation for beta is going?
    Hype has kind of died down after the announcement.

I'm hoping this game will save mmorpg PvP :(
    Cue Tina Turner.....from Beyond Thunder Dome....

JinxysJamesGoblin[Deleted User]

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    YashaX said:
    Only 4 months to go! 
    Crafting seems to be very deep in this game (being able to build traps sounds like fun) and inventing your own spells and melee skills  is an interesting approach. 

The no loot of player's is abit on the negative side but being able to burn down other realms house's sounds like alot of fun.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Aragon100 said:
    YashaX said:
    Only 4 months to go! 
    Crafting seems to be very deep in this game (being able to build traps sounds like fun) and inventing your own spells and melee skills  is an interesting approach. 

The no loot of player's is abit on the negative side but being able to burn down other realms house's sounds like alot of fun.
    Not looting players is a bad thing?
    meddyckScot
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Aragon100 said:
    YashaX said:
    Only 4 months to go! 

Well players akin to PvP mmos like Darkfall or Eve Online might find the no looting aspect as a negative.

It does add a lot of excitement to the experience.

..Cake..

edited May 2018
    Aragon100 said:
    YashaX said:
    Only 4 months to go! 

My background is old Ultima Online (felucca) and i like the consequences and exitement those kind of games delievered. Loosing something when using bad tactics or player skills is as i see it as it should be.

But to be honest it is no biggie since there will be other risk vs rewards in this game.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Aragon100 said:
    YashaX said:
    Only 4 months to go! 

We can't mug other players as we are still on parole for 'aggravated assault with intent to rob' (the MMO designers terminology for that is "looting").

But we will be able to 'wilfully and maliciously burn down property" (the MMO designers terminology for that is "Home Burning").

You never know, we may be able to set their homes on fire with them inside, I think that may be part of the heroic progression system? ;)
    Slapshot1188Rhoms
  • RumblerBRumblerB Member UncommonPosts: 6
    You can't directly loot other players, but there will be a caravan mechanic for transporting large amounts of crafting resources across the world, and you will be able to ambush and loot caravans.
    RumblerB said:
    You can't directly loot other players, but there will be a caravan mechanic for transporting large amounts of crafting resources across the world, and you will be able to ambush and loot caravans.
    Thats a cool feature that will promote more fun PvP.
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    edited May 2018
    Cautiously optimistic.  Been a long time coming.
    Post edited by MightyUnclean on
    [Deleted User]
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    this is cool news for everyone!

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • AsendorAsendor Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Anyone know or have an estimate of how large the Beta 1 download would be?
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    As I only play games post launch and usually plus a year my excitement level from this announcement is somewhat muted.

;)
    By that time your arthritis will likely leave you unable to play.  So sad. :D 

AsheramJamesGoblin

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527
    I liked warhammer online and had they done a few simple things, they could have stayed in the ballgame enough time to do a few less simple things that would have them being around and popular today.

What got me out of the game was that they merged our relatively balanced server with another couple of servers resulting in one where I was on the pure losing end 4 times per day.  It was a constant raid on altdorf.  It had nothing to do with the game itself, but how it was handled.
    JamesGoblin
  • BukkerzBukkerz Member UncommonPosts: 177
    edited June 2018
    I think that Warhammer Online had so much going for it upon release. I really loved the art style, movement and landscapes. The problem was it was totally incomplete. I am not mentioning this as a sort of whine and moan but more that I have a huge amount of confidence in Mark Jacobs and anybody can see that with Warhammer he basically was not given the time to complete it. Still for me the nearest MMO that had the potential to rival Warcraft and for that EA totally shot themselves in the foot. It was released with 2 cities out of 6 and a lack of wildlife when roaming deeper into woodland and of course loading screens instead of flying. But I loved the real-time Public Quests and rewards which were a first as far as I can remember and the PVP showed real promise. 

If Camelot Unchained is released in a state of relative completeness with it's very original sense of style and of course 'engine' I do believe it will be able to sustain a very loyal following. I have enjoyed the story of the game being built from the beginning and watched the live stream as they completed the kick starter. 

So for me ... the most intriguing game / MMO on the horizon ..... 
    KyleranJamesGoblin
    Kyleran said:

;)

Fortunately arthritis is not a signicant concern, not a thing genetically on either side of my family. 

Confusion and dementia, far greater threats, already being treated for the former, (now taking meds for ADHD of all things) hoping it never reaches the latter.

:| 

JamesGoblin

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Kyleran said:

;)

Fortunately arthritis is not a signicant concern, not a thing genetically on either side of my family. 

Confusion and dementia, far greater threats, already being treated for the former, (now taking meds for ADHD of all things) hoping it never reaches the latter.

:| 

Well shit, guy.  Now I feel bad. :(