Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Prepare for Prime - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited March 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageRift - Prepare for Prime - MMORPG.com

On Friday Trion Worlds announced that the much-anticipated Rift Prime server will be named Vigil, giving folks the opportunity to put a much heated response for other choices to rest. Immediately focus shifted to getting prepared for Prime. Are you ready?

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nogardgibnogardgib Member UncommonPosts: 25
    Awesome review. Very insightful and helpful. Thanks.
    Thupli
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Again Trion screws up not interested in prime, and why I am not, why the heck would you restrict all Cash Shop items that are not actually Pay 2 Win, in fact the game isn't even Pay 2 Win to begin with, I have a character with like all Trade-Crafts maxed on it do you really think I would want to give that up to play on a prime server and have to level multiple characters to do that, No Thanks...

Personally I am staying away from Trions games at the moment first "Arche Age Ruined", and now Rift, no idea who is in charge of management over there at Trion worlds but clearly they have no idea how to run a MMORPG company, yet there is a reason why "Black Desert" and games like "PUBG" are doing so good at the moment, even Monster Hunter World???
    AllerleirauhJyiigaTokkennogardgibinfomatzFrodoFraginsKeldor837AsmodeuXMaxim0418JeroKaneand 1 other.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Bought a sub for 9 euro. Damn I wanted to play a primalist cause they say on forums, primalist and warriors are the better healers :(
    nogardgib

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited March 2018

Renoaku said:

....yet there is a reason why "Black Desert" and games like "PUBG" are doing so good at the moment, even Monster Hunter World???

Great people love many other games but PUBG is not an MMORPG and Monster World another completely different scenario, unsure why its important for you to throw in recently developed games.

I look forward to celebrating BDO at the seven year mark also like Rift.

Dragnelus said:

Bought a sub for 9 euro. Damn I wanted to play a primalist cause they say on forums, primalist and warriors are the better healers :(

In certain circumstances every healer brings something to the table but I am not sure I would play Warrior to primarily heal. I get you on the Primalist though I enjoy it a lot but it's pretty OP especially leveling.

Hope you give one of the other classes a try. GLHF

nogardgib
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Never made it past 20 in this game...Too much of a WoW clone for my tastes....No interest in Prime whatsoever.
    nogardgibQuicksand
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Trion's Face: $_$
    nogardgib

KiwiHype said:

Renoaku said:

....yet there is a reason why "Black Desert" and games like "PUBG" are doing so good at the moment, even Monster Hunter World???

Great people love many other games but PUBG is not an MMORPG and Monster World another completely different scenario, unsure why its important for you to throw in recently developed games.

I look forward to celebrating BDO at the seven year mark also like Rift.

Dragnelus said:

In certain circumstances every healer brings something to the table but I am not sure I would play Warrior to primarily heal. I get you on the Primalist though I enjoy it a lot but it's pretty OP especially leveling.

Hope you give one of the other classes a try. GLHF

Thnx, I am a bit mindful about what class I should take from the start for healing. Cause I learned from eso when I took a dk healer over templar at launch ppl will prefer templar over dk.
    nogardgib

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Without open world pvp the lack of conquest is a deal breaker for me, gl to all the pve'ers!
    nogardgibYashaXPsym0n
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Nice wrap-up @Kiwi!!!

P.S.: Still not sure what I wanna roll LOL
    nogardgib

Nice wrap-up @Kiwi!!!

P.S.: Still not sure what I wanna roll LOL

Lol thanks bro and you (and everybody) do what would be the most fun for you!
    nogardgib
  • BlackboaBlackboa Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Amazing summary and preview. Will be keeping this open at launch!
    nogardgib
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited March 2018

Renoaku said:

Again Trion screws up not interested in prime, and why I am not, why the heck would you restrict all Cash Shop items that are not actually Pay 2 Win, in fact the game isn't even Pay 2 Win to begin with, I have a character with like all Trade-Crafts maxed on it do you really think I would want to give that up to play on a prime server and have to level multiple characters to do that, No Thanks...

Personally I am staying away from Trions games at the moment first "Arche Age Ruined", and now Rift, no idea who is in charge of management over there at Trion worlds but clearly they have no idea how to run a MMORPG company, yet there is a reason why "Black Desert" and games like "PUBG" are doing so good at the moment, even Monster Hunter World???

PUBG pretty much landed on the mark, but don't mean that Developers know what they are doing or they would not mess up on Devilian so bad as both made from bluehole. Don't mean that Trion Developers doing better with Rift, sometimes I do question what they are doing and who feedback they are taking to get all this great ideas that didn't work out.
    Yup I just login 2morrow and start as a newb. I cant even figure out what class I should take for healing. Do I need addons? I just installed the sweetfx I use for wow, looks better now imo. But Im kinda lost but will pick it up.

Dragnelus said:

Yup I just login 2morrow and start as a newb. I cant even figure out what class I should take for healing. Do I need addons? I just installed the sweetfx I use for wow, looks better now imo. But Im kinda lost but will pick it up.

You don't need any add on but I do have a link to Curse games up there to see what is most popular in the first section. I might install add ons again when I reach 50.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    edited March 2018
    Well , after going back and forth on this for over a week now ive decided not to play on the Prime server...

I just cant justify doing all the same content i did before at the highest level in Rift and redoing it all again, only to end up forced onto a Live(P2W) servers where i already have max lvl toons sitting ...If they were leaving the server up i would do it ..

So, as much as i really enjoyed Rift its first 2 years , im going to pass, But have fun to all jumping in it really is a fun experience , and any new to Rift should really have a great time ...............As this Prime version is much better looking than the bastardized mess of Live
    CoolitJeroKane
  • ManestreamManestream Member UncommonPosts: 941
    that is actually the only issue i have as well, knowing that after a year 9or less) one will be thrown back onto the servers you just tried to escape from and back into the P2W model. 

I would also be happy to start from scratch as long as i knew thats where one would stay, get all the content there and just pay a subscription and have a chance at gaining everything there is, instead of having to buy it or buy lucky chests that may drop what your after (but usually dont)
    ScorchienCoolitJeroKane
  • BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited March 2018
    Just play on the main server for FREE with MORE content, options AND players. Think of how much stuff you can buy in the cash shop at $15 a month x 1 year+ seeing as that's where you're gonna end up anyway.

Rift Prime is just leveling capped at 50 with minimal cash shop that REQUIRES you to pay $15mo. If you want to play vanilla Rift on the main server it's still there. Just ignore the cash shop cause the leveling experience is still the same.
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    BruceYee said:
    Just play on the main server for FREE with MORE content, options AND players. Think of how much stuff you can buy in the cash shop at $15 a month x 1 year+ seeing as that's where you're gonna end up anyway.

Rift Prime is just leveling capped at 50 with minimal cash shop that REQUIRES you to pay $15mo. If you want to play vanilla Rift on the main server it's still there. Just ignore the cash shop cause the leveling experience is still the same.
    Except , all the lower tiers are basically .................empty ... .........This Prime server offers a great oppurtunity for new and returning players to experience Rift from the ground lvl with everyone else .. Its a really fun time working thru all that content ..............If there are enough players to do it with ... Which that wont be a problem ..
    Keldor837[Deleted User]YashaX
  • RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327
    edited March 2018
    Were characters deleted at some point? edit: nm realized was using the account linked for Defiance
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Scorchien said:
    BruceYee said:

Except , all the lower tiers are basically .................empty ... .........This Prime server offers a great oppurtunity for new and returning players to experience Rift from the ground lvl with everyone else .. Its a really fun time working thru all that content ..............If there are enough players to do it with ... Which that wont be a problem ..
    That is true maybe few week later the lower tiers maybe empty. Much more empty then on live we will see if does happen. I'm still not sure how Trion going find a way to get fresh blood to do the content people did to keep the servers a live.
    edited March 2018

BruceYee said:

Leveling zones are very quiet on live which is basically a get to max level then start playing vibe and you cannot say there is more people on live as this will be one server EU & NA combined. What you are getting is the souls, monthly events, daily logins that are more substantial than f2p servers and everyone else on the server to enjoy content with. Most importantly also the opportunity to experience content close to the difficulty it was released (Off the top of my head, there could be more.) At the end you can join the others perhaps having seen everything and being a lot more confident at doing what is needed at higher levels than you would leveling on live.

Blackboa said:

Amazing summary and preview. Will be keeping this open at launch!

I agree 100% this is an absolute need for getting started.
    edited March 2018

Renoaku said:

Where to start ? Archeage wasn't their asset so they had limited control. They give both sides and option P2w/f2p and now Prime sub based server. Guess you want the cake and eat it at the same time? Then 2 of the 3 games you mentioned have nothing to do with the type of game this is. The last one BDO is a good game and I hope it has the same success as Rift.
    Allerleirauh
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

Never made it past 20 in this game...Too much of a WoW clone for my tastes....No interest in Prime whatsoever.

It always struck me as a WOW clone with worse art direction. I'd really like to know what people loved about it in it's first year or so.
  • Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

It always struck me as a WOW clone with worse art direction. I'd really like to know what people loved about it in it's first year or so.

Class system is by far one of the best. Playing as a Necromancer, summoning undead and such while questing. Then switching to a chloromancer and healing by DPSing (the only caster hybrid dps/heal i've played that worked and was fun). And the fact that you can also play a light-armor tank that literally blinks around. There's just so many unique classes that have little to no comparison to other games. The graphics were also amazing when it was first released...but hasn't aged well. And the Rift invasions were INSANE when zones were active. You could be a noob in the first zone and all hell was breaking loose as a death invasion is kicking the crap out of players and NPC's alike. And participate in an invasion world boss only a few hours into the game...nothing sparked my excitement that much so soon when starting an MMO.

At least that's how i felt when first playing the game. Later on was bored due to a lack of end-game content and left the game for other pastures and never went back. So I'm looking forward to a progression server of sorts to experience content in a progressive way that i missed years ago.
    YashaXBodeanG