Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Em-8er

VitaminKVitaminK Member UncommonPosts: 76
For all discussion about Em-8er, Firefall 2.0.

First video out:

Stay up-to-date:
https://em8er.com/

Comments

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Considering how badly he mismanaged Firefall, not holding my breath. He wasted so much time and money it's ridiculous. Hopefully he learned his lesson, lets someone else take the reigns of the business side, and doesn't screw this one up too. 
    Gdemami

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited March 2018
    Why is he pronouncing em8er as ember?  It's right there in the word 'em-eight-er'.  There is no B in eight.  If there was even then it would be em-bater.  

Ohh, now I get it.  It's a mispronunciation of masterbater.
    crowchuckle
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
                Why do i have the urge to start a petition for Vanilla Firefall?
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Considering how badly he mismanaged Firefall, not holding my breath. He wasted so much time and money it's ridiculous. Hopefully he learned his lesson, lets someone else take the reigns of the business side, and doesn't screw this one up too. 
    Not gonna happen.  In the video he's taking credit for even painting the statues for his current investors.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Thomas2006Thomas2006 Member RarePosts: 1,152
    There was a time when I was really into Firefall. But then they just kept changing so much about the game that you really never knew what it was going to end up being.

I have little faith in this one. Already seems like they do not even have a solid dev plan for the game. Its just lets put things together and as the players have ideas / suggestions we put them into the game and change things as needed. The type of game development you do not want to be doing. Just making stuff up as you go along.
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Scorchien said:
                Why do i have the urge to start a petition for Vanilla Firefall?
    Well, Vanilla was ok, but some of the alpha/beta stuff that was scrapped before launch was better.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Grunty said:
    Not gonna happen.  In the video he's taking credit for even painting the statues for his current investors.

Just watched the video all the way through (not an easy feat), and I can honestly say he hasn't learned a goddamn thing. Same unjustified cocky attitude, same lack of direction and undisciplined approach to game development. What little faith I had (and I stress little) is now gone. 

His investors had better put forth some very clear expectations and milestones, or they're going to be regretting their investment relatively soon. I think Mark can do good work so long as there's someone holding his leash tightly, so to speak. Giving him free reign is a disaster waiting to happen. Just ask Red5. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Music is kinda nice and it's third person ...these days I always rejoice when I see third person view included.