Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TTK in Crowfall

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
In this fight, I don't see anyone die until 2:37, and this player was far strung out from any healing in his group. It seems like TTK is long. But this is all I've seen. 

Those who have tested the game, what do you think about TTK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8kUnAu84i4

XAleX360JamesGoblin

Comments

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Looks like they added plenty of aoe-smart heals, hots without adding something that cuts healing effects on the target by half.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Shaigh said:
    Looks like they added plenty of aoe-smart heals, hots without adding something that cuts healing effects on the target by half.
    There are quite a few abilities which reduce healing, but they don't help if they aren't used.

Some heals are AOE and others are targeted.
    JamesGoblin
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    d_20 said:
    In this fight, I don't see anyone die until 2:37, and this player was far strung out from any healing in his group. It seems like TTK is long. But this is all I've seen. 

Those who have tested the game, what do you think about TTK?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8kUnAu84i4

Better than the usual PvP "experience" of wombo combo ganking.
    JamesGoblin
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,530
    Never liked playing a game where I felt like I was playing paper character, would rather a bit more toughness on characters that way fights feel like a fight, and everything is not refined down into one-hit-kills, like it is with most MOBA's and RvR games out right now.

Gonna look into this when it launches, already pretty excited bout it.
    JamesGoblin
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I don't like getting stun-locked and one-shot either, but as it is, it looks like evenly sized groups could fight indefinitely with no one dying if they stay together in a blob.

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    I usually like longer TTK but will have to see how it works in the game.
  • FrammshammFrammshamm Member UncommonPosts: 322
    d_20 said:
    I don't like getting stun-locked and one-shot either, but as it is, it looks like evenly sized groups could fight indefinitely with no one dying if they stay together in a blob.

The group fight mechanics will largely work like they did in Shadowbane. If your group cant focus/coordinate, you wont kill anything.
    JamesGoblin
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    d_20 said:

The group fight mechanics will largely work like they did in Shadowbane. If your group cant focus/coordinate, you wont kill anything.
    I haven't played any of the mages but I don't think there will be an AoE cap either.  So blob up and get wrecked by AoE
    JamesGoblin
  • EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    Well it is an aim based MMO. Darkfall had pretty long TTK between skilled opponents who were evenly matched as well. I've seen some videos of people cutting through multiple opponents on their own. Seems lethal enough if the damage dealers are good or the opponents aren't too ontop of it defensively.

Won't know for sure until I try it though I suppose.
    d_20
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Couple days ago a newb on forums made a thread complaining that an assasin killed him in 3-4 seconds.

I am not sure whether it was a bug or not (just his word, no video), but TTKs vary wildly depending on class, gear and general situation. They can also change dramatically from one patch to another etc. - it's all in flux and will keep on going up and down a lot, especially now in early tests.
    d_20
     W...aaagh?
  • FrykkaFrykka Member UncommonPosts: 154
    TTK also changes as the game matures and disparities in training and gear widen the power gap.   Day one TTK is pretty uniform and quite long when talking group v group...   1v1 will always vary widely.   Later on a vet player can roflstomp a brand new player in seconds in 1v1 but that situation is of little concern to design as balance and TTK has to be focused on group play.
    JamesGoblind_20