Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO to play?

2»

Comments

• Shana77Shana77 Member UncommonPosts: 290
    Wizardry said:

Then if you are a true pvp artisan,mmorpg's are NOT the place for that.

Sigh. This again. 

If you are a true PVE artisan, MMORPG's are NOT the place for that. There are single player games like Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Zelda BOTW that deliver a much better player versus environment experience!

See what I did there? 
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Shana77 said:
    Wizardry said:

Sigh. This again. 

If you are a true PVE artisan, MMORPG's are NOT the place for that. There are single player games like Skyrim, The Witcher 3 and Zelda BOTW that deliver a much better player versus environment experience!

See what I did there? 
    I agree.  PvP is different with a character you have developed, done other thing with etc.  Also it is a different crowd.  I used to play PvP almost from a role playing perspective and did very well (good class design?).  MMOs are a genre of their own.  

I do agree with Wizardry to some extent in that I did find competitive games designed for PvP a lot of fun after getting into it in MMOs. but they still felt like very different experiences.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Shana77 said:
    Wizardry said:

Sigh. This again. 

See what I did there? 

I think my perfect MMO would have to offer both.. 
    as long as the PvP has some connection to the worlds lore and story..

An MMO offers much more then just a linear story..
    yet to me, that story is what immerses me in the world and the lore.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Sid_ViciousSid_Vicious Member RarePosts: 2,177
    Right now Darkfall New Dawn! Just launched a couple months ago... this is your last chance to play as it will not be around forever!!

Its insane the amount of stuff to do in the game... it would probably take a year of actively playing to experience it all. You will unlock your major skills in a unique build of your choice unlike anyone else's in a few months but there is nothing stopping you from unlocking skills in other schools of magic or whatever that your character is not proficient in for perhaps a mob that has weakness to it or to fit a certain given scenario... you have only five titles to choose from though and it takes months to change those titles if you ever choose to.

Game has a feel like Morrowind or something along those lines... mounted combat, housing, player city sieges, naval combat, tons of dungeons and mob bosses across a gigantic seamless world without instances... nowhere is 100% safe and its a full-loot game but PVP is honestly not often... in fact you are almost guaranteed to safely PVE without interruptions whenever you play unless you choose to grind up in enemy lands or something but even then... world is huge. There are not people everywhere you turn.

The "stories" would be player made... always unpredictable and changing... from interaction with other players... there are world politics and wars... its not like watching a movie while playing a game if that is what you mean. A story would like like a clan trying to take your clan's city and you both pull political strings in the world to balance power and maybe you defeat them... or maybe you end up losing your city and take revenge by sneaking into the city afterward and scoring a huge find from one of their crafters that is actually worth more than the city! There is mounted combat, naval warfare, etc. and I have many stories to tell... nobody else will have these same stories, they come from interacting with others in a world without instances.

NEWS FLASH! "A bank was robbed the other day and a man opened fire on the customers being held hostage. One customer zig-zag sprinted until he found cover. When questioned later he explained that he was a hardcore gamer and knew just what to do!" Download my music for free! I release several albums per month as part of project "Thee Untitled" . .. some video game music remixes and cover songs done with instruments in there as well! http://theeuntitled.bandcamp.com/ Check out my roleplaying blog, collection of fictional short stories, and fantasy series... updated on a blog for now until I am finished! https://childrenfromtheheavensbelow.blogspot.com/ Watch me game on occasion or make music... https://www.twitch.tv/spoontheeuntitled and subscribe! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUvqULn678VrF3OasgnbsyA