Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Activision-Blizzard: More Remastered Versions in 2018 - Diablo 2 or Warcraft 3? - MMORPG.com News

2»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Personally, I think Diablo II is still better than III.  I would still play it if I had not worn out my DVD.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 6,480
    Vrika said:
    koljane said:
    It is like with the music, the moment you start remastering something that was good back in the days means you are stuck with creativity and ideas.
    I think it's very different from music. Old games won't often work on new computers at all, and remastering is the only option to keep it available. It makes much more sense to remaster games than it makes with music or movies. 
    I get where you're coming from, but it's also kind of difficult to play an LP on a CD player.

just sayin ;)

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,408
    Ozmodan said:
    Personally, I think Diablo II is still better than III.  I would still play it if I had not worn out my DVD.

You can download it here: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/d2/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,165
    sayuu said:
    I love how everyone overlooks that Blizzard might not be remastering anything at all because it could be Activision just remastering more CoD titles. . .
    they've already remastered SC and as others have said job hiring has shown it's being done on other properties.  The main reason is so that they can get them onto their launcher.  and yes, people that play only the new games may very well be interested in trying them out.
    Torval
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 766
    Vrika said:
    sayuu said:
    Vrika said:
    sayuu said:
    I love how everyone overlooks that Blizzard might not be remastering anything at all because it could be Activision just remastering more CoD titles. . .
    Blizzard has been hiring people to work on their classic games.

Activision could also be remastering something, but we're talking about Blizzard because we know they've been hiring and therefore must definitely be remastering something.

I wonder if WoW classic is under the remastered umbrella. . 

and Blizzard is always hiring engineers and artists that means nothing in regards to what they are working on. . .
    Blizzard has job offers with text like:

"Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We're restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done."

Source:  https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-remaster-hinted-at-in-blizzard-job-posting/

you forgot:

"breathe the original soul of our classics into new forms and experiences."

from the job posting.

Does that sound like a remaster or a new product? 

P.S. you should really post  ALL relevant information when citing, that way it doesn't look like you are just cherry picking to support your own agenda/side. . .

• VrikaVrika Member EpicPosts: 6,917
    sayuu said:
    Vrika said:
    sayuu said:
    Vrika said:
    sayuu said:
    Blizzard has been hiring people to work on their classic games.

Activision could also be remastering something, but we're talking about Blizzard because we know they've been hiring and therefore must definitely be remastering something.

I wonder if WoW classic is under the remastered umbrella. . 

and Blizzard is always hiring engineers and artists that means nothing in regards to what they are working on. . .
    Blizzard has job offers with text like:

"Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We're restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done."

Source:  https://www.pcgamer.com/diablo-2-remaster-hinted-at-in-blizzard-job-posting/

you forgot:

"breathe the original soul of our classics into new forms and experiences."

from the job posting.

Does that sound like a remaster or a new product? 

P.S. you should really post  ALL relevant information when citing, that way it doesn't look like you are just cherry picking to support your own agenda/side. . .

I admit cherry picking, but you just did something much worse by not mentioning that your quote was from a different job offer than my quote.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,408
    It sounds like both to me. Blizzard is big enough and develops that way. They have xpacs and old projects in the works the same time they do new projects. It's not a guarantee but it's logical.

My guess is they're working on the next Diablo game while they staff teams for WC3 and D2 remasters.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration