Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion Announces Defiance 2050, a Recreation of the Original Game from the Ground Up - Defiance - MMO

13»

Comments

• JeminaiJeminai Member UncommonPosts: 151
    edited February 2018
    take Defiance, polish it up and paste Warframe's combat & range of weapons directly in and ill play this game nonstop.

in fact if Warframe added an open world sandbox like Defiance including shadow war, ill be playing that.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    edited February 2018
    Ha Ha Ha! Good luck! You don’t fool me again Trion!

The original Defiance at launch was great and fun!

Then they hired that Monetization bastard and pulled a NGE on Defiance, far worse than SOE did on SWG and completely broke the game just to force the cash shop and loot boxes through our throats!

And now Defiance 2050 is going to be F2P from the get go, so be prepared to be nickle and dimed at every turn in the game.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    DMKano said:
    Wizardry said:
    Will be tough to critique Trion's use of words because i left Defiance so fast ,i can barely remember anything but the starter map.Video shows us NOTHING,zilch.

However reading between the lines,it really seems Trion is choosing their words carefully and to me looks liek this is NOT a grounds up game but as stated "streamlined"so LESS of a game and seems to be clamouring talk of more players in one zone.Well that won't change the game at all and this use of the phrase,doing it for the players is nice pr but i call BS.
    What is likely really happening besides removing enough stuff to get more players in one spot,is a few stat changes and a few other changes to systems already in place.

A grounds up means remove old systems and work in better ones because the game i am shocked is still in existence.They simply need to build a better game and having seen recent additions like Trove and AR,it doesn't look like this team puts a lot of work into anything.

This like so many other struggling developers is just another cash grab and some good pr to try and stir up interest.

If there is more than a smokescreen here,then shows us,tell us what these chagnes are instead of hinting and trying to be covert.

So here is my overview:Streamlined and turning it into another PUB G type game and hoping it sells,and it won't.

They are not doing a PUBG ripoff here - you are way off the mark.

From the producer video snipets - they are redoing gear/gun mechanics (the current system with 1000 gun drops is not good) and also it looks like classes with specializations which doesnt exist in current version.

But the base gameplay is going to remain a PvE focused open world map shooter with some instanced "dungeon" missions.Thats not changing

I think guns, classes and the feel of combat will be the main underlying changes other than updated code for client/server.

The client is 64bit now since PS4 and Xbone will not pass certification for 32bit games (which current Defiance is 32bit).

Anyone who has done 32bit to 64bit multi-platform video game client code work, knows that its not trivial by any means
    If the first game was basically a PVE shooter, what did everyone spend so much money on in the cash shop. (One guy said $12K)

Several posters here are complaining about the monetization model which makes no sense if really a PVE centric game.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SerMedievalSerMedieval Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I still hate the fact that they (Trion) even own Defiance, I feel personally that they don't deserve it. But as long as they don't screw it up, then sure... I'll relive my childhood again in this one no questions asked.
  • BC_AnimusBC_Animus Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Secret World Legends, and now Defiance 2050... As much as I like to see old projects given new lease on life, I must say I am not happy with these remake of games. I'd rather see older games get updated with newer textures and visuals, and of course, extra development with actual new content. As much as I dislike WoW's gameplay, content development and engine upgrading is one thing they have been doing right (for the most part).
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    BC_Animus said:
    Secret World Legends, and now Defiance 2050... As much as I like to see old projects given new lease on life, I must say I am not happy with these remake of games. I'd rather see older games get updated with newer textures and visuals, and of course, extra development with actual new content. As much as I dislike WoW's gameplay, content development and engine upgrading is one thing they have been doing right (for the most part).
    I think many feel this way,except one problem,a developer feels it cannot justify a new price tag on new paint jobs,so they call them remakes,NEW games.
    This would also lead to why subscriptions are the best way to go,they can use that money to freely update and improves games so they always feel fresh and advancing characters.

There is just so much wrong in game design now a days,i can see why players run out of things to do and end up raiding 24/7,so not even playing THE GAME anymore,just looting for end level.

If only we had some HQ producers,who could think and leads their system guys to think,instead everything looks like very lazy game design clones.I never tried the new Secret world,first never interested me to know if there really was a new build "i doubt it".Now with Defiance,i feel more smokescreens than actual game changing ideas.

A good game has to be designed from ground up from day 1 "WELL thought out",you can fix them with bandages.Not even FFXIV was fixed properly,to me it is the same bad design on both classes and combat and bad ideas like Itemlevels because they like to now copy other developers instead of thinking for themselves.

My assumption,these are mostly just businesses making games for profit,VERY little passion for their games.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.