Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift - Prime Server Q&A Wrap Report - MMORPG.com

Comments

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited February 2018

KiwiHype said:

Level 50 is the starting cap so souls in that level, new levels like Storm legion will come later and those souls with it etc

Incorrect, it's been said on both the Rift forums and this exact Q&A that souls will not be timelocked and unlocked in-game through a means they don't seem to have fully finalized yet, though planarite and notoriety have been mentioned so far.

You can be right if you like but the intention is to be in accordance with level caps as the soul tree will need to also rise, so being able to farm that currency will take time. Edit: in other words I would not be surprised being able to get those souls will take as long as they consider when to move on to the next level cap, sorry poor wording.
    Blackboa
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Forgrimm said:
    Torval said:
    If you go to their site they have it setup like a permanent fixture. I think they'd like this to be a permanent thing and a success. They are putting in the effort to present it that way. We'll see how everyone feels in a year.
    As soon as they confirm they plan to drop the sunset date, I'll likely try it.
    The website says "At the end of the Prime server’s cycle (not yet determined), you will be able to transfer your Prime character to a Live server."

http://www.trionworlds.com/rift/en/2018/02/21/rift-prime-launch-march-7-2018/
    Glad to hear they're backing away from offering a sunset timeline prior to even opening the server!
    Well they also stated "RIFT Prime characters can transfer to RIFT live servers at the end of the Prime server’s content schedule. We intend this server to run for at least a year of progression, so there’s no rush. There will be absolutely no charge for this service."
    MadFrenchie
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2018
    All this is, is them re-releasing the game as a sub with some restraint on the cash shop. They still plan to release every bit of content over that period that the game currently has....The only point of this is to release servers that are at points before expansions....not re-release the entire game. Way to miss the mark entirely Trion....Good way to kill time until Bless I guess since it seems slightly more interesting than this atm.
    BruceYee
  • jhndoejhndoe Member CommonPosts: 1
    nNot interested untill they remove macros. Pressing 2 buttons aint fun combat.
    RemyVorenderWarlyxCazrielCaffynated
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

jhndoe said:

Oh man, I totally forgot about that. Extra-Nevermind then.

Joined - July 2004

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233

jhndoe said:

You dont have to use macro's its very helpful especially for some of our Rift community who are disabled but still want to play games.
    [Deleted User]

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    How is the lore of the game? Are the quests good or is it just hub hopping?
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    If you go to their site they have it setup like a permanent fixture. I think they'd like this to be a permanent thing and a success. They are putting in the effort to present it that way. We'll see how everyone feels in a year.
    I'm not sure they'll ever do exactly that, but if they're happy with numbers a few months down the road with no end date in sight then it might be worth checking out.
    Just to go further with that point I would say give it a go straight away. It is just a game. We know it will run for at least a year which is a long time to play one game so why not just jump in and have a good time with like minded people. Memories will be made and fun may be had.  
    Because at the end , you will  most likley end up in the same shit cash shop servers we have now ...

Why would i want to play a game , pay a sub for a year to end up on the same shithole, greedy ass.cashshop ,p2w,cesspool , that i already have characters on because(that i started at launch with ) , they , already lied an deceived turning those servers into what we see today , And many dont like it and have left , Hence this desperation to suck more money from those easily separated from it..

NO TRION JUST NO
    RemyVorenderpantaro

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:
    I'm not sure they'll ever do exactly that, but if they're happy with numbers a few months down the road with no end date in sight then it might be worth checking out.
    Just to go further with that point I would say give it a go straight away. It is just a game. We know it will run for at least a year which is a long time to play one game so why not just jump in and have a good time with like minded people. Memories will be made and fun may be had.  
    Because at the end , you will  most likley end up in the same shit cash shop servers we have now ...

Why would i want to play a game , pay a sub for a year to end up on the same shithole, greedy ass.cashshop ,p2w,cesspool , that i already have characters on because(that i started at launch with ) , they , already lied an deceived turning those servers into what we see today , And many dont like it and have left , Hence this desperation to suck more money from those easily separated from it..

NO TRION JUST NO
    Or they get a good response and form a solid player base and keep the integrity of Prime intact and allow it to run on beyond the year or so mark they have mentioned. 
    Your idea is to just not cross the road because there is a chance to get hit by a car. Well I don't live like that. I go in to something with tempered expectations and accepted realization. 
    It is just a game. I will play it, have fun with it and eventually move on to something else as we all do. Nothing is forever. 
      ummmmm   no,,,,,,,,, There is a difference between taking a chance and being foolish ...

Lets see , me buying thousands of shares in EA in o8 when it plummeted to 15$ was taking a chance ..( that payed off well ill add)

Me taking part in another thinly veiled attempt by Trion to bleed more money from the community is not ,...

A fear of taking chances ...

I took a chance with Trion when i spent 150$ on an AA founders .. How did that turn out .. ohh I got fucked ..

I took a chance with Trion when i jumped into Rift at launch and played for 2 years and 3 months before they fucked that up....

I really liked the Defiance TV series and jumped into that game and watched Trion  fuck that up with P2W ...and terrible servers ..

I jumped into Devilian .................. shutting down    ...        does this one need an expanation ...

Trion has proven over and over .... that crossing there street is not a chance you take , but one you surely end up with tire tracks across your back
    BruceYee

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

NO TRION JUST NO
    Or they get a good response and form a solid player base and keep the integrity of Prime intact and allow it to run on beyond the year or so mark they have mentioned. 
    Your idea is to just not cross the road because there is a chance to get hit by a car. Well I don't live like that. I go in to something with tempered expectations and accepted realization. 
    It is just a game. I will play it, have fun with it and eventually move on to something else as we all do. Nothing is forever. 
      ummmmm   no,,,,,,,,, There is a difference between taking a chance and being foolish ...

Lets see , me buying thousands of shares in EA in o8 when it plummeted to 15$ was taking a chance ..( that payed off well ill add)

Me taking part in another thinly veiled attempt by Trion to bleed more money from the community is not ,...

I took a chance with Trion when i spent 150$ on an AA founders .. How did that turn out .. ohh I got fucked ..

I took a chance with Trion when i jumped into Rift at launch and played for 2 years and 3 months before they fucked that up....

I really liked the Defiance TV series and jumped into that game and watched Trion  fuck that up with P2W ...and terrible servers ..

I jumped into Devilian .................. shutting down    ...        does this one need an expanation ...

Trion has proven over and over .... that crossing there street is not a chance you take , but one you surely end up with tire tracks across your back
    You're wasting time my friend. Some people need to learn the hard way. Personally, I can wait a year easily without touching this server. If its good, then great, maybe I'll pop my head in at the expense of 15$. However, if its not, all those against it can say is "I told you so."
    edited February 2018
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

NO TRION JUST NO

Well you already made your mind up before Rift Prime was even announced so why bother even coming onto a thread and spitting the same tired vitriol about Trion if you never have any intention of playing another one of their games? If you do not plan to cross that road move on and find another road. Negative energy is poison mate ;)
                       Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub ..

And to be honest , and you can check my posts if you like , At the very first annoncement of Prime , ( before they told anyone they were going to possibly shuuter and move toons to live)

I said this could be a good move by them and if they did the same with AA they would regain some of the lost trust of the community ........ I was wrong .. shoulds known better ...

Same ole ..

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Scorchien said:
    Torval said:
    Torval said:

NO TRION JUST NO

Well you already made your mind up before Rift Prime was even announced so why bother even coming onto a thread and spitting the same tired vitriol about Trion if you never have any intention of playing another one of their games? If you do not plan to cross that road move on and find another road. Negative energy is poison mate ;)
                       Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub

Seriously? You really believe you are helping the community? Every developer has fans and detractors. Trion detractors are some of the loudest and if mmorpg players are on this site we can all be assured they have heard the same tired Trion bashing for years now. You are not helping anyone other than yourself. 
       Of course this is your opinion , you are entitled to it ....your wrong .. But go ahead kid have fun with it ..

And ill continue to spread the word to any community i can........
    BruceYee

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    I for one am glad they are limiting it to only 2 characters.
    I agree with that as well, if only because I would never reach level cap if I had more than 2-3 slots to create characters and I subbed up!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,263
    edited February 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    Scorchien said:

Its not negative , i am positively trying to help others from falling into the the Trap , This is me helping the community , this is a Discussion forum last i checked , so you need to go into something with tempered expectations and accepeted realization , that everyone does not like or respect Trion as a dev/pub ..

And to be honest , and you can check my posts if you like , At the very first annoncement of Prime , ( before they told anyone they were going to possibly shuuter and move toons to live)

I said this could be a good move by them and if they did the same with AA they would regain some of the lost trust of the community ........ I was wrong .. shoulds known better ...

Same ole ..
    Every MMO game i been in full of traps and lies. MMO companies go with the investors tell them even if does not make the player base happy. I do support Trion things I find fair not underhanded as I still play the live. With Rift Prime I think is a lazy way to bring in money then cleaning up the cash shop with better not questionable item. If Rift team can prove me wrong but not to sure about that how much great idea failed on them. If they can get it right this time then they won't move anyone to live. Good part they are telling the truth this time around. Then making people move due to people not willing to put in the time and money for a sub server to stay alive.
    edited February 2018
    I for one am glad they are limiting it to only 2 characters. Also glad they are launching the server with fishing. If they didn't we may have had a revolt lol
    The fishing and survival skills are very cool really liked those and tits great they are including it .. and there is alot of great stuff with Rift i didnt play it for 2 years and 3 months because i didnt like it .. I loved it , and in that 2 years time i was 1st or top 5 in pvp the entire time .. (am still in top 20 and havent played in 4 years ..(basically)

Its what they did at that 2 year mark which i dont like and i dont like what they did to an entire communtiy of the hundred people i played with( all left)

Now ill ask again .. Why would any of us who dedicated that time before and ended up on the F2P cash shop server( that we didnt sign up for) want to lvl again to end up on that same server ...

Open a sub only server permanately and stop with the fucking smoke and mirrors that is everything they do ..  Or are they afraid of what that might actaully do to the pop of there live servers,  as the majority left for the sub servers leaving a few hundred very uunhappy whales on live

lmfao a revolt ... ha ,, Trion has had several already .. loot at Rift , AA, , Defiance, Develian .etc..

There communities have revolted in each of these games , and as i said this was a chance for them to regain some trust ... but .. n/vm
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796
    edited February 2018
    Scorchien said:
    I for one am glad they are limiting it to only 2 characters. Also glad they are launching the server with fishing. If they didn't we may have had a revolt lol
    The fishing and survival skills are very cool really liked those and tits great they are including it .. and there is alot of great stuff with Rift i didnt play it for 2 years and 3 months because i didnt like it .. I loved it , and in that 2 years time i was 1st or top 5 in pvp the entire time .. (am still in top 20 and havent played in 4 years ..(basically)

Its what they did at that 2 year mark which i dont like and i dont like what they did to an entire communtiy of the hundred people i played with( all left)

Now ill ask again .. Why would any of us who dedicated that time before and ended up on the F2P cash shop server( that we didnt sign up for) want to lvl again to end up on that same server ...

Open a sub only server permanately and stop with the fucking smoke and mirrors that is everything they do ..  Or are they afraid of what that might actaully do to the pop of there live servers,  as the majority left for the sub servers leaving a few hundred very uunhappy whales on live

lmfao a revolt ... ha ,, Trion has had several already .. loot at Rift , AA, , Defiance, Develian .etc..

There communities have revolted in each of these games , and as i said this was a chance for them to regain some trust ... but .. n/vm
    Check out a game Allods Online one free to play the other sub server people, and stay with the free to play server due to a sub ever less exciting if can't find people to play with. Rift is a bigger game then Allods Online that needs big group of people playing. This day of age they may never get fresh blood to come to a sub if other side haves a open free sever with out paying for a 2nd sub just to play it.