Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alpha Zero - Dunheim Dungeon Lore - Ashes of Creation Gameplay Footage

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAlpha Zero - Dunheim Dungeon Lore - Ashes of Creation Gameplay Footage

For those of you who love to know the background lore in your MMO, Intrepid Studios has you covered when it comes to Ashes of Creation. The team released a new preview video of a dungeon called Dunheim, as well as a lore piece on the official site. Dilla's Diary reveals the story behind the dungeon and comes packed with concept art that is then seen in the video taken from the currently ongoing pre-alpha version of Ashes of Creation.

Read the full story here

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Nothing about dungeons looks interesting to me at all...
    SwamiOnTheMountain
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    I'm with you BC. I mean, they're pretty but the AI is horrible and there are absolutely no mechanics. Hell most of the encounters they just kite everything.
    SwamiOnTheMountain
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    I'm with you BC. I mean, they're pretty but the AI is horrible and there are absolutely no mechanics. Hell most of the encounters they just kite everything.

This is generalized right? Like you're just talking Dungeons in general? Either that or am I missing something with this video?
    Valdheim

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• Mackaveli44Mackaveli44 Member RarePosts: 710

Is this your first rodeo?

Nothing screams "still in development" more than the Alpha title. I'm sure mechanics and more will be added over time. It's still VERY early in development.
    Valdheim[Deleted User]
  • SulherokSulherok Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Do some of you even follow this game?.... the last stream they even mentioned that Alpha Zero is for technical side of the game that the encounters are not even balanced and the AI is just placeholder. Some of you are the reason why most game companies have NDA's and then you bitch that you get no information on a game.
    [Deleted User]
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Main issue I had with their dungeon video is that they seem to go for static tank and spank combat while allowing ranged to cast while running. Also failed to see proper healing in their video.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • EberhardtEberhardt Member UncommonPosts: 157
    My issue is this is a "lore" trailer, but this video told me absolutely nothing. Yes this is early in development, but this seems more like they put a pretty looking scene together, slapped some AI in it, and gave us a flythrough.

They had a chance to gain our interest here, instead they squandered it away with what was essentially a level flythrough. Each shot looked almost identical to the last. The same AI was copy pasted throughout the level. We didn't see any actual gameplay footage at all. This was just...boring.

Again, I know its early in development, but the way they presented it to us was as if they were showing us something cool they've been working on.

Either way I'm no longer that interested in the project. The first trailer they showed was kinda cool, but screamed low quality. Pretty world, but boring looking gameplay, and now the trend continues.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Eberhardt said:
    My issue is this is a "lore" trailer, but this video told me absolutely nothing. Yes this is early in development, but this seems more like they put a pretty looking scene together, slapped some AI in it, and gave us a flythrough.

They had a chance to gain our interest here, instead they squandered it away with what was essentially a level flythrough. Each shot looked almost identical to the last. The same AI was copy pasted throughout the level. We didn't see any actual gameplay footage at all. This was just...boring.

Again, I know its early in development, but the way they presented it to us was as if they were showing us something cool they've been working on.

Either way I'm no longer that interested in the project. The first trailer they showed was kinda cool, but screamed low quality. Pretty world, but boring looking gameplay, and now the trend continues.
    This is likely exactly what @Torval was talking about.

Ashes of Creation seems to be moving at one of (if not the) fastest paces among crowdfunding development.  Unless they're literally just spending their time building these environments and such specifically to take a hype video (and aren't part of the planned final product), I would say they've gotten the best start by far.
    [Deleted User]RexKushman