Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why I Think BDO cannot be comparable to some MMORPGS.

sasa777sasa777 Member UncommonPosts: 6
edited February 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM
Well, I have to say, having 11 years of experience in pure mmo-genre gave me only one reason to say. THESE things are incomparable. BDO is not a MMORPG(of the same genre), it does not have any diversity system after you Pick your Class, there is only ONE BUILD to play with. well yea depends u can play more ''def'' or ''atk''  WHICH ARE LIKE MOST BASIC BUILDING blocks whatsoever. MMORPG makes mmorpg for creative content with diverse spell and builds made by players. that makes a mmorpg a real thing. BDO is more like long-time-Fighter game (lol) so it makes no sense to even compare it to games like guild wars 2, Elder scrolls-online, which are seemingly having TONS MORE diverse combinations of pve(casual, leveling, competitive) and pvp(casual and competitive) builds in comparison to BDO. AND Hear my words people. The main reason why (mmo)RPG's came to existence whatsoever, is because creative nerds played Dungeons and dragons in their parents-basements, the game isn't to be played in linear-progression-with-others style. pure nonsense. Rules can be(and need to be) made inside of game, but not to take away the creative control of one's play-style in combat. or making not possible to switch to a different build inside of game is clearly making it non linear in terms of combat style progression. You have diversity in terms of strategy, teamwork, sieges, even economy, but the core element is gone. Literally more like Overwatch with different characters but just long term for players who are mostly for casual play and not for ruling a guild. 

(been a guild-leader tho, so Guild-leaders, might not feel this so much to impact their game cause leading in Bdo is actually super creative-skillful shit) 

Post edited by sasa777 on
I will quote the new hero from overwatch the lady whos like the scientist what so ever.
  1. So what do ya think5 votes
    1. this is debatable question!
      40.00%
    2. You gone insane this is nonsense
      60.00%
    3. Never thought of it this way
        0.00%
    4. U ruined my view of it
        0.00%

Comments

• iixviiiixiixviiiix Member RarePosts: 2,256
    This is 3rd or 4th thread about  BDO in this week , did something happen ?
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    OG_Zorvan said:
    So basically, you've never played asian grinder mmos before? Because they all have limited "customization" via small tweaks to "atk" or "def". Asians love linearity and simplicity, for some reason.
    Well, at the start of the genre this wasn't the case with games like RO/FFXI etc that originated from Japan, so unless they aren't asian, idk. Most of these games now from the east originate from korea so its possible that the korean/chinese market is more prone to these types of games.
  • sasa777sasa777 Member UncommonPosts: 6
    OG_Zorvan said:
    So basically, you've never played asian grinder mmos before? Because they all have limited "customization" via small tweaks to "atk" or "def". Asians love linearity and simplicity, for some reason.
    Umm So basically I have played, and games like Lineage HAD LIKE tons of different items which made changes and the class diversity? with tattoos, buffs, marks. This is different in here. The biggest thing from the start was a sort of stat diversity/combination of them in a right way for a perfect game play in your current position(e.g. in siege battle)