Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking at 2018, Expect Hero Re-Tuning for Medivh, Sonya & Lunara - Heroes of the Storm Videos - MMO

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageLooking at 2018, Expect Hero Re-Tuning for Medivh, Sonya & Lunara - Heroes of the Storm Videos - MMORPG.com

Game Director Alan Dabiri and Lead Live Designer Matthew Cooper sat down recently to look ahead at 2018 and to discuss some of the plans for Heroes of the Storm. Of note is that the cadence for content releases will slow slightly to allow players to get used to changes and to give them time to shine.

Read the full story here

Comments

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    "the cadence for content releases will slow slightly to allow players to get used to changes and to give them time to shine."

Translation:
    In order to balance development costs with revenue projections.
    BruceYee
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505

gervaise1 said:

"the cadence for content releases will slow slightly to allow players to get used to changes and to give them time to shine."

Translation:

The "give them time to shine" portion implies they intentionally create a merry-go-round of changes, expiring one to create another merely for the sake of making changes.

Probably not what they meant, but they should've chosen the words a little more carefully methinks.
    BruceYee

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    Both of you are spot on.
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

The "give them time to shine" portion implies they intentionally create a merry-go-round of changes, expiring one to create another merely for the sake of making changes.

Probably not what they meant, but they should've chosen the words a little more carefully methinks.

I don't know if any of you plays this game , but "the cadence for content releases will slow slightly to allow players to get used to changes and to give them time to shine." is very true.

The content and changes they made in the past 6 months is HUGE. And no , they didn't create a "merry-go-round of changes" for the sake of making changes. That's just conspiracy theory. I mean, common sense man! They wouldn't announce the decrease in content if any of your theories would of been true.

Plus , on the other side, if they didn't created enough content, your comments would of been "Game is dying. They barely release any content. Doom is coming" ...

So yeah! "Spot on" ..
    Nepheth

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    IceAge said:

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

I don't know if any of you plays this game , but "the cadence for content releases will slow slightly to allow players to get used to changes and to give them time to shine." is very true.

The content and changes they made in the past 6 months is HUGE. And no , they didn't create a "merry-go-round of changes" for the sake of making changes. That's just conspiracy theory. I mean, common sense man! They wouldn't announce the decrease in content if any of your theories would of been true.

Plus , on the other side, if they didn't created enough content, your comments would of been "Game is dying. They barely release any content. Doom is coming" ...

So yeah! "Spot on" ..
    No, my post clearly explained where I got that impression from and why.  It's no conspiracy theory.  Keep it in your pants when responding, please, no one here was trying to create a conspiracy theory to hurt the game.

• JunglecharlyJunglecharly Member UncommonPosts: 167
    Half of you here speak words of truth and wisdom, the rest just make farting noises in order to be heard.
    Trinity999
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    IceAge said:

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

gervaise1 said:

Translation:

So yeah! "Spot on" ..
    No, my post clearly explained where I got that impression from and why.  It's no conspiracy theory.  Keep it in your pants when responding, please, no one here was trying to create a conspiracy theory to hurt the game.
    And I clearly said your impression is wrong. 

"expiring one to create another merely for the sake of making changes." That .. a conspiracy theory ! 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!