Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Consortya - Tuning Up to Combine Music & MMOs - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageConsortya - Tuning Up to Combine Music & MMOs - MMORPG.com

Moonlight Games is preparing a unique genre-bending hybrid title called Consortya that combines live music with MMORPGs. We had the opportunity to chat with Andy Martin, the company founder and lead designer about how he and his team aim to appeal to musicians and MMO gamers with Consortya.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Reminds me of Second Life with the clubs.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    We can download real good music beat boxes,editors real easy now a days,no need to buy into this.I had a real awesome music editor like 25 years ago,so this is also nothing new.Adding a few npc's dancing or standing there is also not going to entice me at all.I saw a better movie in the opening of i think was ut2003 with a huge crowd cheering the combatants on.

So you rather watch a scene like this game has or one like this ..and better music too.So yeah they have a LOT of work to do to bring a screen to life.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    edited February 2018
    Wizardry said:
    We can download real good music beat boxes,editors real easy now a days,no need to buy into this.I had a real awesome music editor like 25 years ago,so this is also nothing new.Adding a few npc's dancing or standing there is also not going to entice me at all.I saw a better movie in the opening of i think was ut2003 with a huge crowd cheering the combatants on.

So you rather watch a scene like this game has or one like this ..and better music too.So yeah they have a LOT of work to do to bring a screen to life.

I don't think they were marketing them as NPC, they are supposed to be players, kinda like Second Life.

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120

Wizardry said:

Only good thing from your post is that video.

Man, early 2000 games were so badass :)

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• speedylegs8speedylegs8 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    lol whoever is developing this game is wasting their money
  • DavodtheTuttDavodtheTutt Member UncommonPosts: 415
    Aw, that scene with the lasers at the party made reminded me of the Rave Party missions in City of Heroes! Sure wish I could do one again.

I like the idea of the game, combining quests and interaction with live music. I think the examples of what has been and is being done in games like Second Life show there's an interest in that sort of thing, and what they've shown here is probably a long way from what they plan to develop in a year. I say we wait and see. As with many games, this one may not even make it to beta.
  • Trinity999Trinity999 Member CommonPosts: 3
    I think it’s past beta and it has potential.
  • Trinity999Trinity999 Member CommonPosts: 3
    The caves might be challenging for the gamer but it makes it more interesting and opportunities for self growth.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851
    I mean people first said second life would never last... With that said, good luck to them, they got their work cut out for them.
    [[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • gandalf458gandalf458 Member CommonPosts: 6
    It's pretty awesome to see the different viewpoints of people on our game. I'm Andy, and I'm giving this my best shot. The Kickstarter is actually live now at http://kck.st/2F6ejjj