Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Precedent that Lootbox Legislation is Setting for Violence

CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
So we all know that the conversation regarding violence in video games and it's impact on youth development has been a decades-old debate that is a favorite of many politicians. However, I believed that this was something that was almost universally rejected by gamers. Also, despite decades of research, there has not been any scientific research, to date, showing any sort of correlation between video game violence and real-world violence. This week, following the school shooting in Florida, the President brought violent video games into the discussion as a primary cause for this type of incident.

This topic has been so quiet for so long. You've barely heard a chirp with regards to it in the last 5 years. However, as soon as politicians start drafting bills for loot boxes, it pops back up. Coincidence? I think not! See, the problem here is that gamers are divided on the subject. HOWEVER, what's most damaging is that gamers are now saying that these loot boxes are impacting the development of younger gamers. So we are saying that loot boxes are changing the physiology of the brain. So if that is possible with loot boxes, then it MUST be possible with violence, right? 

This is just another reason why I have said since the beginning that this type of legislation will set a bad precedent. What's more, gamers are supporting and agreeing with it!!! I think that gamers really need to step up and say something about this legislation. There is no scientific evidence supporting what it is implying, and by pushing it through the way it is drafted would be the equivalent to telling women that their place is in the kitchen. I get that people don't like loot boxes, but just say that! Don't talk about how these loot boxes are changing the way a brain developers without any scientific evidence. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
----------------

Comments

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited February 2018
    ....and so it begins as a politician in Rhode Island is proposing an extra 10% tax on M-rated video games, lol. Well, I guess they had to get their money back from the 38 Studios loan somehow! What a creative way to fuck tax payers. Let me guess, the money will be used to arm Americans against the mentally ill, lol. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------