Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Squadron 42: Around the Verse - The Living Idris - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageSquadron 42: Around the Verse - The Living Idris - Star Citizen Videos - MMORPG.com

This week's Star Citizen Around the Verse is centered on Squadron 42 as well as information about the creation of complex AI systems to be implemented in the game and how it's used as the "massive crew of the Idris frigate", for example.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Nice video but why are all the real people in the beginning of the video so stiff? I can understand they are reading from a teleprompter or queue cards but holy cow it looks like they are robots. The second guy looks like he is being forced at gunpoint to read his lines, LOL
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• VoidfarerVoidfarer Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Very impressive so far, keep it up!!
  • IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    They are talking about the AI targeting , like they invented it or being the first to do that.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

IceAge said:

They are talking about the AI targeting , like they invented it or being the first to do that.

This is CIG, they always talk like that. They make a big deal about things that other games were doing for years.

..Cake..

• ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97

IceAge said:

I didn't hear them say they invented it but it's pretty cool that an AI crew member knows its particular occupation aboard a ship and doesn't just 'pretend' to work on systems as the systems themselves have wear and tear. Also neat is the fact that whether being on duty or not, they go about personal needs like sleeping, eating, showering and holding tangible conversation.
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • ZandogZandog Member UncommonPosts: 97

sgel said:

IceAge said:

This is CIG, they always talk like that. They make a big deal about things that other games were doing for years.

You respond like you never even watched the video piece. Can you explain how the AI responds to the conditions around it?
    Every time Goonsquad/SA/DS post salt on Star Citizen, I spend more money on it. Every time a mentally disturbed former backer or Elite CMDR toxic emo comments, I spend more money on it. Every time they refuse to answer why they spend so much time arguing about a game they don't even like, I spend more money on it. Want to watch the world burn because you can't have your way? You got whats coming to you.
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

Zandog said:

sgel said:

IceAge said:

You respond like you never even watched the video piece. Can you explain how the AI responds to the conditions around it?

I currently have zero interest to watch yet another video for SC information.
    I've seen more than enough for my deteriorating interest in the game.
    I am however able to criticize something which isn't exclusive to this video, which is what I did.
    Hoping you can fathom this "extraordinary" concept.

..Cake..

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    It's neat what they talk about doing but I will wait and see just how well they actually do it.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey