Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affliction Warlock Takes Home World First Solo Xavius Kill - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848
    SBFord said:
    Thorage said:
    First we got raids tuned to noobs and half-noobs, now we can solo raids.... That clearly shows where Blizzard is going with WoW development.... I am thinking now about Vanilla WoW and how great mmorpg it was....I will never understand why Blizzard destroyed best mmorpg ever made and bend to whining of masses of noobs who were unable to kill anything ....
    People soloing raid bosses has been going on since 2004.
    Probably earlier than that. People were soloing raid bosses in EQ.

But, oddly, its only a major "problem" when it happens in WoW.

Weird.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    https://www.wow-dps.com/antorus/Argus_the_Unmaker/

Every site says something else, in the end just play what you like most.

• SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Dragnelus said:

Argus the Unmaker is one of the few raid bosses in Antorus that actually has a decent representation of a lot of classes. The Warcraft Logs parse is for the entire raid at the 80th percentile, the "average" player stat for DPS. Look at 90-99% and it's even more stark. 

Honestly, the DPS balance isn't horrible for most specs. The top 4 and bottom 4 need adjustment to bring them in line with the mid-pack.

Of course, in the end it's best to play what you love. However, for those looking to min-max or to participate in top level raiding or high end M+ dungeons, then it becomes "bring the spec and the player". :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It's doable with patience.
    SBFord

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    SBFord said:
    Dragnelus said:

Argus the Unmaker is one of the few raid bosses in Antorus that actually has a decent representation of a lot of classes. The Warcraft Logs parse is for the entire raid at the 80th percentile, the "average" player stat for DPS. Look at 90-99% and it's even more stark. 

Honestly, the DPS balance isn't horrible for most specs. The top 4 and bottom 4 need adjustment to bring them in line with the mid-pack.

Of course, in the end it's best to play what you love. However, for those looking to min-max or to participate in top level raiding or high end M+ dungeons, then it becomes "bring the spec and the player". :)
    m+ dungeons is a diff beast. Play the class with the most self defense. Thats why you only see druid/pala healers at 20+ keys

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982
    I bet the pet rolled and got the loot.
    SBFord
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Xiaoki said:
    SBFord said:
    Thorage said:
    First we got raids tuned to noobs and half-noobs, now we can solo raids.... That clearly shows where Blizzard is going with WoW development.... I am thinking now about Vanilla WoW and how great mmorpg it was....I will never understand why Blizzard destroyed best mmorpg ever made and bend to whining of masses of noobs who were unable to kill anything ....

Weird.
    Exactly it is just that these days you can watch it on youtube. Those days it was just something people did but less well known. I love how people think this is new and criticize   WoW for it. 

I used to watch in awe as a single Necro would break several mob rooms in Guk and take them over. This was before Kunark even.
    SBFordcheyane[Deleted User]

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

kitarad said:

Xiaoki said:

SBFord said:

Thorage said:

Weird.

Exactly it is just that these days you can watch it on youtube. Those days it was just something people did but less well known. I love how people think this is new and criticize   WoW for it. 

I used to watch in awe as a single Necro would break several mob rooms in Guk and take them over. This was before Kunark even.

There's a difference between soloing raid content and group content. Also, a difference soloing raid content expansions later. Phinny comes to mind as far as the easiest raid content from classic.

• KickaxeKickaxe Member UncommonPosts: 174
    SBFord said:
    Not an endorsement of the post you were replying to:

I'm not having much luck finding which on-level older WoW raids were completed solo. Which ones, SBF?

Blackrock Spire would kinda be splitting hairs, I'd say.

Not to take anything away from the determination and skill of the solo raider's accomplishments, but I think stat inflation has diminished some of the prestige that WoW raids carried.

I know I'm in danger of being accused of keeping a straight face while using the word prestige and video games in the same sentence, but I can't help having a little bit of awe and respect for the old days.  :p

Thupli
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    i dont remember but arent u supposed to die after u go "mad" in xavius? u get a huge dmg buff and then die
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    SBFord said:
    Thorage said:

Which ones, exactly? I can't think of a one!
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Noxxic is useless.
    Also, if you're wondering how come people can solo raid bosses and in the past where you used to play WoW they weren't, the answer is quite simple.
    The problem is NOT that the raid is undertuned. No, raids are harder than ever. On Mythic. With intended gear - not after 5 months of farming.
    The problem is multiple difficulties. You see, multiple difficulties present the devs with a challenge. They must keep people farming. So raids cannot be a matter of simple skill, gear farming is required. Given the LFR/Normal/Heroic/Mythic four difficulties, there must be a barrier to entry for each, and there must be proper rewards for each too. They cannot allow you to kill Mythic bosses with LFR gear, so the gear has to improve from difficulty to difficulty.
    After you've released 2-3 tiers, and advanced 1000 item lvls together with the consequences of farming artifact power for 2 years, well, you'll become godlike for older content. In WoD I was doing speedruns with my arcane mage. We were killing bosses in the last raid of the expansion in 20-30 seconds or so, basically in the opener during lust. 
    You wanna know how to "fix" this?
    Easy. Remove all difficulties but the one that was the intended one - Mythic. Raids used to be hard, made for those willing to sink time. Now they are stratified so everyone can see them. I never liked that and never will. People that are good at the game should be rewarded with raid exclusivity. Soloing bosses and speedkills are the least important consequence of the multiple difficulty crap. The worst one is that raiding was devalued and has lost all its appeal. 
    But in the end, why do I care, I've given up this "job" months ago.