Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Affliction Warlock Takes Home World First Solo Xavius Kill - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageAffliction Warlock Takes Home World First Solo Xavius Kill - World of Warcraft Videos - MMORPG.com

World of Warcraft has spawned a cottage industry of players who work to bring home world first solo kills of current content raid bosses. Players have been working their way through all of Legion's raids, and we have news of the world first solo Xavius kill. Xavius is the final boss in the first Legion raid, the Emerald Nightmare.

Read the full story here

Comments

• AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Go locks!
    [Deleted User]SBFordMrMelGibson

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    That makes me happy in my parts. 'fliction since 2004.
    SBFordMrMelGibson

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited February 2018
    I thought that Vengence DH was solo'ing all the current raids on mythic or something last year? Was a post about him soloing mythic helya or something. Regardless, people probably wont be able to solo raids like this if the current alpha stat squish remains. Some testers were complaining about that not long ago.
    SBFord
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    Same guy, first boss in Antorus. O.o

[Deleted User]SiegeMachine

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    After priest I will level my lock!
    SBFord[Deleted User]

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    good for him.  These things aren't for me, I'd be bored to tears, but it's always neat when ppl do little stunts like this.  Fun story.
    SBFordMrMelGibson

I self identify as a monkey.

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    When I see DKs and now Locks soloing current expansion raid bosses, I know I left WoW at the right time.
    OhhPaigeyTheScavengerArskaaaThorage[Deleted User]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    This is neat and must have taken time to accomplish successfully with many deaths while learning how best to do this.
    SBFord[Deleted User]MrMelGibson
    Chamber of Chains
    Ppiper said:
    Dragnelus said:
    They seem kind of squishy to me. 
    Got a paladin main, really a strong healer but I find it a bit boring. So I will try a priest, I really like the flashy spells and the whispers when using shadow. And after that warlock for nostalgy, was the first class I played in WoW.
    MrMelGibson

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    man those graphics suck so hard.
    TheScavenger

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Thupli said:
    When I see DKs and now Locks soloing current expansion raid bosses, I know I left WoW at the right time.
    And yet the fanboys say the game is better than ever. This is exactly why I left, 95% of the thought provoking mechanics have been removed. Difficulties added, legendaries added, all to cater to the noobs. Oh well.
    mikeb0817AriesTigerMrMelGibsondeniterThorageRhinotonesThupli[Deleted User]
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205

time007 said:

man those graphics suck so hard.

Graphics aren't actually that bad, framerate however, even with the best PC in the world, still sucks in raids. Maybe it's gonna be improved next expac.

To be honest I blame the state of WoW lack of graphical advancement/optimization on the legions of "fans" that play on a Core 2 Duo and 9400GT and flame you and drown every discussion about optimizing or improving graphics.
    Ashikuro
  • AriesTigerAriesTiger Member UncommonPosts: 444
    This is pretty shameful actually.
    Thorage
  • MegilindirMegilindir Member UncommonPosts: 223
    edited February 2018

SBFord said:

I don't play the game but this seems like a dynamic exploitation to me; he did couple of things at start and just literally stood still on a line with some twitching every now and then, kilometres away from boss...My eyes might be wrong tho..

Particularly in the Xavius video, I might be missing something but I witnessed far more challenging battles in other games gameplaywise. He dodged some aoes. tanked the boss with the pet, spammed channels and that was it. I didn't see any gold medal winning gameplay tricks and whatnot..

Again I might be talking out my arse but that's what I watched..Congrats on the patience and passion tho.
    [Deleted User]

beLIEve

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010

SBFord said:

I don't play the game but this seems like a dynamic exploitation to me; he did couple of things at start and just literally stood still on a line with some twitching every now and then, kilometres away from boss...My eyes might be wrong tho..

Particularly in the Xavius video, I might be missing something but I witnessed far more challenging battles in other games gameplaywise. He dodged some aoes. tanked the boss with the pet, spammed channels and that was it. I didn't see any gold medal winning gameplay tricks and whatnot..

Again I might be talking out my arse but that's what I watched..Congrats on the patience and passion tho.
    Yeah I kind of agree. Why are they not attacking him? just standing there?
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ThorageThorage Member CommonPosts: 1
    First we got raids tuned to noobs and half-noobs, now we can solo raids.... That clearly shows where Blizzard is going with WoW development.... I am thinking now about Vanilla WoW and how great mmorpg it was....I will never understand why Blizzard destroyed best mmorpg ever made and bend to whining of masses of noobs who were unable to kill anything ....
    denitermikeb0817
    edited February 2018
    Thupli said:
    Well current, xavius came in 2016 drops ilvl 850, 'current" raids (argus) drops ilvl 940.  Edit: Normal mode

Thorage said:
    First we got raids tuned to noobs and half-noobs, now we can solo raids.... That clearly shows where Blizzard is going with WoW development.... I am thinking now about Vanilla WoW and how great mmorpg it was....I will never understand why Blizzard destroyed best mmorpg ever made and bend to whining of masses of noobs who were unable to kill anything ....
    People soloing raid bosses has been going on since 2004.
    DragnelusIselinCryolitycal[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430

Thorage said:

As much as i agree i have to remind he exploited a glitch and spent the whole day sticking an elephant with a needle.
    Dragnelus said:
    Ppiper said:
    Dragnelus said:
    They seem kind of squishy to me. 
    Got a paladin main, really a strong healer but I find it a bit boring. So I will try a priest, I really like the flashy spells and the whispers when using shadow. And after that warlock for nostalgy, was the first class I played in WoW.
    Spells like this:

https://giant.gfycat.com/WellmadeDeficientAnkole.webm

And did a dungeon in Northrend, with spiders at the end you need to fall really deep. So I levitated someone,and it took him really long till he was with us so I asked whats taking so long?? He replied: Tho art evil.
    [Deleted User]

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Are affliction locks back in a good place these days or did this guy just happen to coincidentally be one? That was my main spec back in WOTLK but I switched it over to Demonology for Cata and Panda when it got nerfed.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    If it's current content and soloable it's not raid content, it's poor design.
    Thupli

Iselin said:
    Are affliction locks back in a good place these days or did this guy just happen to coincidentally be one? That was my main spec back in WOTLK but I switched it over to Demonology for Cata and Panda when it got nerfed.
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/
    gervaise1Cryolitycal

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:
    So it's still demo lol.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

edited February 2018
    Iselin said:
    Dragnelus said:
    Iselin said:
    So it's still demo lol.

Not even close. Demo is mid-pack.

Sadly, Noxxic is very out of date. You need to look at things like Warcraft logs. For instance, here is the Antorus all bosses parse for DPS on Mythic difficulty:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/17

Affli blows out all other DPS specs.

If you want great up-to-date build guides, Icy-Veins is your go-to source.

And this is just fun: Four Affli 'Locks & 1 BDK in Mythic +19 Vault of the Wardens, though they also did Karazhan +25 later too :D :dizzy:

Iselin[Deleted User]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯