Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What If Your Hunter Talked? (Parody) - TheHiveLeader - Monster Hunter World Videos - MMORPG.com

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageWhat If Your Hunter Talked? (Parody) - TheHiveLeader - Monster Hunter World Videos - MMORPG.com

Your hunter is oddly silent in Monster Hunter: World. You ever wonder what it would be like if they talked? Turns out it's a story about fitting in, making friends, hunger, and things going terribly wrong.

Read the full story here

Comments

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Hive - brilliant!
    Tsiya
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The color and lighting in that opening screen should be a resume of who NOT to hire to work on your game.Rooms like a pile of fog lighting and all graphics behind the character look washed out.
    The odd part is that female character does that lean forward when she talks which is a direct copy of FF female characters.

IDK Hive ,you can do way better on an idea to do a video.We call this ROLE PLAYING however doing it in a cutscene/movie is not the same.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I know Angry Joe does a lot of this but he does it in game,however i doubt MHW has much in the game to do role playing.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    "Woah! there goes at least two of his lives"

I died.
    wingoodTsiya

• clownshockclownshock Member UncommonPosts: 7
    THIS IS A MASTERPIECE!! HIVE FOR PRESIDENT :D
    Tsiya
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496
    I enjoyed this video, I identify with Hive's sense of humor.
    Tsiya
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • TsiyaTsiya Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Hysterical. GJ Hive, I know that's what I was thinking the first time I watched the intro play out.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    DMKano said:
    Sorry Hive, didnt really feel this video - was just too long and too light on laughs.

But hey still looking forward to your next video!

Yeah I usually love his videos but only laughed twice here. First was "I hope this is poison" and then the aformentioned "he must have lost two lives there ... "

But again, a fan, I'm glad he's experimenting and looking forward to the next one.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

Sorry Hive, didnt really feel this video - was just too long and too light on laughs.

Yeah I usually love his videos but only laughed twice here. First was "I hope this is poison" and then the aformentioned "he must have lost two lives there ... "

But again, a fan, I'm glad he's experimenting and looking forward to the next one.

I appreciate the understanding. Sometimes vids will be hit or miss. I'll get better at this as I go. This is only the 4th one I've done. **shrug**
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    edited February 2018

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

I appreciate the understanding. Sometimes vids will be hit or miss. I'll get better at this as I go. This is only the 4th one I've done. **shrug**
    Oh believe me, every time I write something "new" I tell people "I'm experimenting, it might not land".

You just keep doing what your doing and continue to stay out of Jail for your kid's sake, and until she's old enough to bail you out ... B)

edit: and actually, I'm not sure how many takes you are doing but in some cases I think it wasn't the material, just delivery. There were a few times I thought the line was good but the delivery didn't support it.

And to show you I understand, Once wrote a song cycle using the text of a famous poet for a concert in New York and it was praised. On the same concert I had two songs from a musical I was writing but I wrote the lyrics, and everyone politely didn't mention it.

So yeah, it bombed in front of a New York audience. And I hadto mingle with them for the after party. I can tell you, lesson learned there.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234

Sovrath said:

Sovrath said:

DMKano said:

Oh believe me, every time I write something "new" I tell people "I'm experimenting, it might not land".

You just keep doing what your doing and continue to stay out of Jail for your kid's sake, and until she's old enough to bail you out ... B)

edit: and actually, I'm not sure how many takes you are doing but in some cases I think it wasn't the material, just delivery. There were a few times I thought the line was good but the delivery didn't support it.

And to show you I understand, Once wrote a song cycle using the text of a famous poet for a concert in New York and it was praised. On the same concert I had two songs from a musical I was writing but I wrote the lyrics, and everyone politely didn't mention it.

So yeah, it bombed in front of a New York audience. And I hadto mingle with them for the after party. I can tell you, lesson learned there.

Oh I get that. This was recorded only a few days after getting my voice back from illness. So I gave myself two shots at each line just to make sure I didn't blow my voice out since there was a lot of screaming involved. So I don't doubt the delivery is off on some lines.

I felt like of the 4 videos I've done in this format, this was the weakest. Although others have said it's my best... which I don't agree with but to each their own. That also said, these videos have been a HUGE boon to my view and subscriber numbers... so even the weakest of the bunch seems to bring people in. **shrug** Whatever works I suppose.
    Sovrath