Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the best movies/shows with good magic in them?

13»

Comments

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited February 2018
    The Chronicles of Narnia's main antagonist is an ice witch.

Frozen has a powerful ice witch as the main character.

Sleeping Beauty has one of the best sorceress villains in cinema.

Maleficent (2014) ruined the character, but the magic was cool.

And I'll endorse Willow from earlier in the thread. The magic isn't flashy but the main antagonist terrifies entire armies with her power.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Not see anyone mention the 1981 movie Dragon Slayer.

SovrathOctagon7711
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    why are so many russian bots fishing for things on mmorpg ? What is your favorite blah, what don't you like about bleh. this is not just this website, but across all social media.

This is literally the 10th or so post in the last 3 weeks for phishing

How the heck am I a russian bot? Comrade?  :D

Read my other posts. You sir, deserve a solid WTF for your post. 

Cryomatrix

Just drink your vodka and think of the Order of Friendship medal Putin will no doubt bestow on you.
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Dark Crystal.. maybe not Ass Kicking magic.. but.. magic none the less.

Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014

DragonSlayer is awesome.

Heck, the Dragon design, in my opinion, still holds up to this day.

The only thing that has always irked me is that at one point during the movie, "our hero" goes through the side of the castle and is immediately outside escaping across the meadow. As if the castle has no actual protections, no protective wall or moat or anything.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • morarirtymorarirty Newbie CommonPosts: 1
    edited May 2020
    What about the Harry Potter series? I'm amazed how J.K Rowling imagined such a parallel world. watchseriesonline
    Post edited by morarirty on
    Octagon7711
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Harry and the philly stone

You don't by any chance know your way through this labyrinth do you?..nah i'm just a worm.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CaffynatedCaffynated Member RarePosts: 753
    edited March 2020
    Castlevania and The Dragon prince on Putlocker... I mean Netflix. The latter more than the former.

Spoilers... duh

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Black Clover has a pretty magic system to me.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432
    Sovrath said:

DragonSlayer is awesome.

Heck, the Dragon design, in my opinion, still holds up to this day.

The only thing that has always irked me is that at one point during the movie, "our hero" goes through the side of the castle and is immediately outside escaping across the meadow. As if the castle has no actual protections, no protective wall or moat or anything.

Another Dragonslayer fan here. I recall pasting these:
    Stickers on a few notebooks. Man... What a GEEK! :lol:

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ayndreayndre Member UncommonPosts: 10
    I may get laughed at, but The Magicians is freaking amazing.
    kitaradOctagon7711
  • AmatheAmathe Member LegendaryPosts: 7,630
    Motherland Fort Salem has a cool magic premise (sound). Bard fans should love it. 
    kitarad

EQ1, EQ2, SWG, SWTOR, GW, GW2 CoH, CoV, FFXI, WoW, CO, War,TSW and a slew of free trials and beta tests

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Scot said:
    Forgot about The Magicians, it's pretty good.  Lead guy is a little too mousy for me, same for the lead character Jay Baruchel, in The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

But the lead was true to the books, in fact the series is, with one work around to conform to good TV principles.
    That explains it then.  Never read the books...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Willow
    Willow film - Wikipedia

The Sword of Truth
    The Sword of Truth Books in order How to read Terry

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey