Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kingdom Come Deliverance Day 1 PS4 Patch is Huge & Brings Big Changes - MMORPG.com News

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageKingdom Come Deliverance Day 1 PS4 Patch is Huge & Brings Big Changes - MMORPG.com News

February 13th is a big day for Warhorse Studios with the release of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Over the weekend, it was revealed that the Day 1 patch for PlayStation 4 would weigh in at a hefty 23Gb, fully half the size of the 46Gb install. The update brings some big changes to a number of systems including weapons and armor rebalance, combat improvements, bug fixes and improvements.

Read the full story here

Comments

• PiscorePiscore Member UncommonPosts: 263
    23GB day one patch ? this is so stupid, this tell to me, the game release in beta, and this patch is the last part of the game, maybe with more bugs.

Just imagine the random guy with the physical version of the game and see this patch hahahaha
    LeFantomeAlbatroesAgent_Joseph

l2p

• LeFantomeLeFantome Member RarePosts: 692

Piscore said:

23GB day one patch ? this is so stupid, this tell to me, the game release in beta, and this patch is the last part of the game, maybe with more bugs.

Just imagine the random guy with the physical version of the game and see this patch hahahaha

I agree with ya. But this is not better than when a game of 40GB is release. I mean, you still have to download 40GB of datas to play the game.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    I would much rather have to download a big patch, than have to settle for whatever the release state was 6 weeks ago. News like this makes me glad I pre-ordered.
    JeffSpicolicjmarsh
    --------------------------------------------
  • EldrachEldrach Member RarePosts: 417
    Why does people nag so much about a patch that fixes shit. ..23gb..shrug..We live in 2018
    MikehaXarko
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    What did they do, replace the entire game engine or something ?? :p
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    An enormous patch like that means it's likely they took the bug-fixing and polishing stages seriously. If you're complaining about a big patch then perhaps you'd prefer a bunch of bugs and glitches instead?
    Xarko
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    "They released a game unfinished! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"

"They released a game with 23GBs of fixes on day one! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

TyserieKootur
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    edited February 2018
    Viper482 said:
    "They released a game unfinished! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!"

"They released a game with 23GBs of fixes on day one! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

It's not so black and white. When a game launches with a huge day one patch, what that effectively tells their audience is that the game's release date could not be adapted to the state of the game and that the developers were put on extreme time crunch during the time frame between the game's shipment to physical production and their actual release date.

Give me a delayed release with few or no required day one updates every time. At least that way, I'll know that the developers had time to patch the game properly, as opposed to a crunch time clusterfuck. Unfortunately, business realities make such situations rare and often impossible.
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    I watched a walk-through on YouTube it looked pretty rough, I wonder if this will optimise and fix the rough animations.
  • GrandpaDJGrandpaDJ Member UncommonPosts: 132
    I don't suppose there is a demo around? I watched a bunch of videos and am intrigued.