Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feb. 9th Live Stream Replay with Pre-Alpha Gameplay - Ashes of Creation Video Podcast

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited February 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageFeb. 9th Live Stream Replay with Pre-Alpha Gameplay - Ashes of Creation Video Podcast

Intrepid Studios devs were on hand yesterday with an Ashes of Creation live stream event showing off pre-alpha gameplay. If you missed it, you're in luck as the replay video is now live.

Read the full story here

Comments

• MedownMedown Member UncommonPosts: 17
    edited February 2018
    This game might spark my interest in mmos again
    apoc2k4
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    I knew exactly it was going to look and play like that. Nothing interesting.
    JamesGoblinWhiteshade92DarkmageOTGMange1SandisticZenJellyThunder073JeroKaneJetrpg
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    This game is looking really good now.
    LeiloniWhiteshade92DarkmageOTGThunder073JeroKane
  • XingbairongXingbairong Member RarePosts: 927
    Looks nice, but who knows when it will actually be released... 2019/2020? Maybe even later!
    I personally don't get hyped anymore for games that won't come out in less than an year, because the past few years almost all games that were hyped were huge disappointments.
    Thunder073
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    edited February 2018
    Hope they tone down the effects but I’m impressed by the progress they are making. They seem far ahead of where their Crowdfunding peers were after similar time post-Kickstarter.
    ConstantineMerusMikehachocolate42069LeiloniMadFrenchieJamesGoblinQSatuThunder073gegecoucinfomatzand 2 others.

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• TnTizzTnTizz Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Best looking and fast paced kickstarter i've seen so far
    LeiloniZenJellyThunder073
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Just me or does it look an awful lot like Neverwinter?
    MikehacjmarshAlomarXarkochocolate42069Maurgrimsarielismarkus1902ZenJelly
  • cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    They have a lot of work to do, but the progress is good for such a short time in development.
    Leiloni

Hope they tone down the effects but I’m impressed by the progress they are making. They seem far ahead of where their Crowdfunding peers were after similar time post-Kickstarter.

It looks as though the effects were designed for solo encounters and they didn't take into account a group of people flinging around spells at once. Hopefully they'll make some adjustments.
    chocolate42069Blacklabelcali[Deleted User]
  • deniterdeniter Member RarePosts: 1,430
    Looks pretty good already but i'd hate to be a tank with all those flashing lights blinking on my screen.
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    I hope they handle the game right when it releases. This might be the wow killer. Just got a feeling about that.
    rojoArcueidThupliTacticalZombeh

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• AlpiusAlpius Member UncommonPosts: 247
    the combat looks kinda boring imo, nothing we havent seen before in other games. heres hoping the other systems will be better
    cjmarsh
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Makes you wonder WTF others have been doing all these years, eh?

Gisrie said:
    the combat looks kinda boring imo, nothing we havent seen before in other games. heres hoping the other systems will be better
    I understand where you're coming from. But to many of us, this is the combat we expect from MMORPGs. 
    rensta[Deleted User]Galadournspeedylegs8Cazriel
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    edited February 2018
    That combat thooooo /yaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwn

Also still no proof of concept for any of their hundreds of promised systems.  Notice how their exposure is of nothing but pretty environments and the combat (which is pretty meh)?  You would think they would be itching to show off the key features of their game but alas, nada.
    JamesGoblin
  • renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Also still no proof of concept for any of their hundreds of promised systems.  Notice how their exposure is of nothing but pretty environments and the combat (which is pretty meh)?  You would think they would be itching to show off the key features of their game but alas, nada.

Dude, they showed nodes and monster attack.
    Leiloni

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• slowz2secretslowz2secret Member RarePosts: 407
    I dont like the combat, to me it looks too old, but thats my opinion
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    rensta said:

Which equate to GW2's "Living world" BS.  Not impressed.  

How about showing us how it really matters.  A scripted temporary event is not new or different.
    JamesGoblinZenJelly

Torval said:

cjmarsh said:

It looks as though the effects were designed for solo encounters and they didn't take into account a group of people flinging around spells at once. Hopefully they'll make some adjustments.

They mentioned briefly at one point that the alpha 0 test is a mechanics and systems test time and not a content test. They've made the overworld a lot more solo friendly so new alpha testers can get in and learn things. The monsters and dungeons aren't tuned at all. They didn't specifically mention skill effects but I think they did imply class and skill tuning is coming later as well.

That's encouraging, it's tough with these crowdfunded games to see the real state of development since the developers are always so pressured into putting out something the backers can see.
    [Deleted User]
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

rensta said:

Which equate to GW2's "Living world" BS.  Not impressed.  

How about showing us how it really matters.  A scripted temporary event is not new or different.

Yeah lets force game developers have all features fully functional in a early alfa....yawn
    sarielisCazrielSandistic
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    This game is looking really good so far. I'm quite impressed, and a bit shocked at how far they've come in such a short amount of time. Looking forward to seeing more as they progress.
    ZenJelly
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Makes you wonder WTF others have been doing all these years, eh?

Gisrie said:

I understand where you're coming from. But to many of us, this is the combat we expect from MMORPGs. 

You're probably expecting this kind of combat because its the same kind of combat we've been playing for the past 20 years.

This is why the MMO genre has stagnated so much to be the state its in right now: so many of the players expect "more of the same" and complain when they dont get it.
    Nepheth
  • GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    edited February 2018
    fast-paced action combat is not for MMOs; MMOs are about character progression not FPS skills. In a way, relying on FPS skills cancels out character progression. It took me a few years to realize that.

Give me an open-world MMO with WoW's combat and a meaningful character progression system and i'm hooked.
    Post edited by Galadourn on
    Cazriel
  • Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064
    Pre-alpha. Sigh.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    Did they forget to bring a tank and a healer to the dungeon because it looked like they were pretty much zerging the content.
    ZenJelly
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • RS-ManRS-Man Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Very bland, nothing special.
    Was expecting a lot more than this!

Hoping Dragon's Dogma Online gets released on West

=/= Better be defeated for a triumph than not to triumph by fear of failure! =\=

AsRock x370 Taichi AM4 Promontory
    AMD Ryzen 5 1600X @ 3.9Ghz 1.33v
    CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 - Temps: ~28-32 idle ~45-60 load
    G.Skill Ripjaws 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz
    MSI GamingX GTX 1070
    CoolerMaster 850Watts PowerSupply