Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few questions before playing game^^

magebornmageborn Member Posts: 122

Ok i got the credit card issue sorted useing the Epasport card thing they do..So got a few questions^^.

Basicly i have read that u need to grp alot in this game. Is it impossible to solo lvl or is it just more difficult??

For instance it is possible to solo lvl but it is faster to grp. Also are all quests grp based aswell.

I enjoy grping in games but there are times when u just grped with some of the worst characters u ever thought u would meet in an online game and u have the urge to solo for a bit:)

Also is there euro servers and us servers or are they all just 1. What is that lag and bug situation like atm.

I basicly wanna make a Warrior/Ranger type of character as i normally play an archer in most games or a warrior and i see in this game(the main reason i wanna play) that u can choose multiple class's. Is this a good mix or will i basicly never get grped coz of it lol

Also is there any pvp in this game like castle seiges etc. As i know there are diff nationalities so do they war each other etc?

Thnx guys hope u can help

Comments

• Shadow~Shadow~ Member Posts: 5

1. Its possbile to solo up until lvl12+, after...you'll be forced to group or take the pain of soloing forever...lol

2. There's alot of servers...but each server is mixed...like japanese/english/euro

3. Well...in grouping some people wants you to have specific SJ....like PLD/WAR... check www.killingifrit.com ^^ good fansite...

4. There's ballista...its ffxi's pvp type game....

hehe...and if you have more questions just check www.killingifrit.com...good fansite ::::32::

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by mageborn
    Ok i got the credit card issue sorted useing the Epasport card thing they do..So got a few questions^^.Basicly i have read that u need to grp alot in this game. Is it impossible to solo lvl or is it just more difficult??For instance it is possible to solo lvl but it is faster to grp. Also are all quests grp based aswell.I enjoy grping in games but there are times when u just grped with some of the worst characters u ever thought u would meet in an online game and u have the urge to solo for a bit:)Also is there euro servers and us servers or are they all just 1. What is that lag and bug situation like atm.I basicly wanna make a Warrior/Ranger type of character as i normally play an archer in most games or a warrior and i see in this game(the main reason i wanna play) that u can choose multiple class's. Is this a good mix or will i basicly never get grped coz of it lolAlso is there any pvp in this game like castle seiges etc. As i know there are diff nationalities so do they war each other etc?Thnx guys hope u can help

Soloing gets harder the further you rise. It also depends on your job. Most jobs become impossible to exp solo at some point; a few, like Red Mage can be soloed--slowly--all the way up to 75 (except for doing your limit cap break quests, see below). Beastmaster stands out asthe job for which soloing is actually the default, and they do it very well. Note that you have to level one of the basic six--White Mage, Black Mage, Red Mage, Warrior, Thief, Monk--to 30 in order to unlock Beastmaster flag quest (or the flag quest for any of the other advanced jobs).

Yep, there are morons out there in pickup groups. You just learn to live with them, or you get a static.

Most quests are soloable if you're high enough level. Some, however, simply cannot be done without a group; some of these are fairly important, like the "Genkai" quests you have to do to raise your level cap (you hit the first cap at level 50).

All the servers are one, and they're all in Japan. Bugs are, in my experience, few, as they should be after having several years to shake them out. I can't recall having my play substantially impeded by one. Lag is not bad at all if you aren't in some place with several hundred PCs (like, say, Lower Jeuno).

Ranger/Warrior is probably better than Warrior/Ranger and may be making a comeback (Ninja has been the most popular subclass for Ranger). Be advised, ranged combat got some big revisions in the last update and a lot of rangers are complaining they've been nerfed. It's hard to deny they were badly overpowered before the revision. Note that Ranger is also an advanced class (i.e., you'll need to level something else to 30 to get it). Ranger is *absolutely* not soloable, particularly with the new ranged combat rules. Defense in this class is thin; you cannot survive without someone to tank for you. And the new ranged combat rules require the mob to remain a distance away from you, which is not possible solo.

Yes, there's PvP in this game; it's called Ballista. Teams from the different nationalities compete in set matches involving finding a "Petra" and trying to throw it into the moving goals called "Rooks". While trying to kill each other, of course. It's available at varying level caps; the lowest cap is level 30. You'll need to be licensed.

There are three nationalities: Bastok, Windurst and San d'Oria (and Jeuno, but Jeuno stands apart and you can't be a citizen of Jeuno). They do not war, but they are rivals; the rivalry is managed by the *Conquest* system. Basically, before you go out adventuring, you ask a guard to place a "Signet" enchantment on you. While you are under Signet, you get crystals (valuable) as part of your loot drops when you kill something high enough level to get you experience. You also get Conquest Points based on your experience points, which you can spend for fairly cool stuff. Generally, you always, always, always want Signet on you if you're out killing stuff that earns you exp. More to the point for nation, you also post Conquest Points for control of the region. Every earth week, the Conquest tallies are toted up and control of all the regions are awarded to the various nations (or the beastmen). The nation that wins control of a region gets to post *their* guards in the region, so only citizens of that nation can get Signet renewed in that region; also you can set home point at a guard post for free instead of being charged and some other neat perks (including gaining access to outpost teleporting, which is a subject in itself). On the other hand, you get more Conquest Points for killing stuff in a region your nation doesn't control. It is also possible to lose control a region to the beastmen if too many PCs die there, then there's *no* guards (and no crystal drops, either; you don't get them in beastmen controlled regions). Finally, an overall ranking of 1st, 2nd, 3rd is calculated. Some goods in shops and in Conquest Point purchases are not available if your nation is in third; of those, some are available *only* if your nation is in first. On the other hand, the lower ranked your nation, the longer your Signet lasts. So the three nations advance and retreat based on the efforts of the adventurers allied with it.

Edit add: I forgot, the last upgrade also added a quest where you can get an NPC who will join your party and fight with you. This has upped everybody's soloability, but initial reports are that it is rather limited.

Chris Mattern

• JohnuaJohnua Member Posts: 27

Hi all i have just signed up with dis site and XI i ave 1 question how do i get furni in me room on it???

Johnua

• ChrisMatternChrisMattern Member Posts: 1,478

Originally posted by Johnua
    Hi all i have just signed up with dis site and XI i ave 1 question how do i get furni in me room on it???
    Johnua

Take the furnishing home (you can tell it's a furnishing because the item description will have <STG: #> in it telling you how much storage space it provides) and put it in your Mog Safe. You can now use the Layout command in the Mog House menu to position it somewhere in your room. Once you've deployed it, it will still be in your Mog Safe--in fact, you can no longer remove it from your Mog Safe; you'll have to to use Layout again to remove it in order to be able to take it out of your Mog Safe. You'll see it in your room where you placed it. It will provide a certain level of elemental energy and possibly a Moghancement. And it will provide storage--every piece of furniture I've seen provides at least one space of storage space, so you recoup the space it's taking up in your Mog Safe. Some provide several spaces, effectively increasing what you can keep in your Mog House. You access these additional spaces with the Storage command in the Mog House menu. It works almost the same as the Mog Safe, with a few restrictions. You can't use the Layout command on on furniture in Storage. Gardening can only be done with seeds and crystals in the Mog Safe, and that's where the moogle will put your harvests. And, most important of all, only your Mog Safe comes with you when you use a Rent-a-Room. Storage cannot be accessed at all from a Rent-a-Room.

Chris Mattern

• spardspard Member Posts: 17

I was a major addict of this on my game systems. Is this online version addictive ?

• JohnuaJohnua Member Posts: 27

Cheers Chris ill try that out and if i need any help ill come to you cheers man!

Johnua image

• Paladin3211Paladin3211 Member Posts: 39

r there demos?

ff11 chmp

• AxoleAxole Member Posts: 1
    I bought this game like 5 months, and it wouldn't run final fantasy XI cause of some hardware Error.  Sucks cause I wanted to play this game a long time ago.  And I'm still trying to find out how to work this thing. image
  • Paladin3211Paladin3211 Member Posts: 39

i no da problem

ff11 chmp