Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can A:IR and Bless Revitalize the AAA MMORPG? - Bill Murphy - MMORPG.com

1235»

Comments

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    shaddy33 said:
    Wizardry said:
    This site has not been posting anything that says we need to revitalize the genre.
    So what is the true agenda of this thread,simple click bait or a witty way to endorse business partners or proposed partners in crime?

Search site for the word "numbers".Notice how many threads this site has been posting that boast big year,big numbers,big sales,great year incoming yada yada.Wow loves to boast big numbers,GW2 goty,Rift been a long time endorsed product,VERY old games still out there making money EQ.FFXI,Ultima.So now all of a sudden we need to revitalize,hmmm yeah something looks way off here.
    Bill has been basically saying he wants badly to play every single game they make a thread on ,so yeah where is this revitalizing coming from?This is like creating a double standard.

AIR is going to need to change the way air vehicles fly if they want players to feel engaged.
    That is a SIMPLE gimmick to entice people.Everything flying entices sales,it did for Aion,flying mounts are huge sales in games,Airships or any kind of in the air stuff is intriguing to gamer's,so it sells,it can even sell a weak product.Just look at SC people were spending MORE ,WAY more than any game is worth on ships before there was even a game.

Here I am on pain pills feeling a bit loopy and trying to read through that... all I could think was man, I need to lay off these pills because this is making no sense at all. Glad it wasn't just me.
    ShaddyDaddy
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 187
    cjmarsh said:
    shaddy33 said:
    Wizardry said:
    This site has not been posting anything that says we need to revitalize the genre.
    So what is the true agenda of this thread,simple click bait or a witty way to endorse business partners or proposed partners in crime?

Search site for the word "numbers".Notice how many threads this site has been posting that boast big year,big numbers,big sales,great year incoming yada yada.Wow loves to boast big numbers,GW2 goty,Rift been a long time endorsed product,VERY old games still out there making money EQ.FFXI,Ultima.So now all of a sudden we need to revitalize,hmmm yeah something looks way off here.
    Bill has been basically saying he wants badly to play every single game they make a thread on ,so yeah where is this revitalizing coming from?This is like creating a double standard.

AIR is going to need to change the way air vehicles fly if they want players to feel engaged.
    That is a SIMPLE gimmick to entice people.Everything flying entices sales,it did for Aion,flying mounts are huge sales in games,Airships or any kind of in the air stuff is intriguing to gamer's,so it sells,it can even sell a weak product.Just look at SC people were spending MORE ,WAY more than any game is worth on ships before there was even a game.

Here I am on pain pills feeling a bit loopy and trying to read through that... all I could think was man, I need to lay off these pills because this is making no sense at all. Glad it wasn't just me.
    Nah brotha. It ain't the pills. I figured that video was pretty fitting, heh.
  • JJ82JJ82 Member UncommonPosts: 1,258
    No PvP based MMO is going to revitalize the genre...nor is a Korean MMO since they are based on an insane level of mind numbing grind unless that grind is instanced, group/raid based grind.

It just does not appeal to western MMO players.

What the genre needs is an enema of big companies that are looking at profits first and game second and get back to making games that are based on fun and depth and variety.

"People who tell you you’re awesome are useless. No, dangerous.

They are worse than useless because you want to believe them. They will defend you against critiques that are valid. They will seduce you into believing you are done learning, or into thinking that your work is better than it actually is." ~Raph Koster
    http://www.raphkoster.com/2013/10/14/on-getting-criticism/

• esc-joconnoresc-joconnor Member RarePosts: 1,097

No.

Ditto. I'd confidently bet money against it. Any takers? :D
  • DeadTreeNDeadTreeN Member CommonPosts: 3
    I am really sick of those guns actions called RPG.
    Anything went with guns is not what a RPG player is expecting.
    Those dumb things destroyed a lot of nice MMO's which had a chance to be something.
    The rest were destroyed by the developers which failed to fit the expectations and always weighted toward the console players at the end, which always turns a complete devastation for the genre.
    Black Desert Online ?! - well.. I personally could give it 6 out of 10.
    ( because I am generous god ) but what inovation is it actually making ?! Just better graphic ?!
    Well.. it's more or less a hack and slash game with some rpg elements.
    But since there is complete lack of remote spell casters I can barely fit it in my imaginations about RPG.
    So.. Yeah MMO's could have their chance, but they should actually look what for instance Runes of Magic is and go forward and improve this system.
  • McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,066
    edited February 2018
    MMOs aren't dead and don't need "reviving". As usual with this site, they just refuse to give coverage to all the smaller studios who can't/won't afford to bribe them for a positive review.

Anyone can look at the MMO games list on this site and see all of the games that this site doesn't do stories on. They would rather create click-bait articles even if it's about single-player fps games that aren't even MMOs.
    Mikeha