Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Impressions - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited February 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageHunt: Showdown Closed Alpha Impressions - The RPG Files - MMORPG.com

Hunt: Showdown’s concept had me intrigued ever since I first got wind about it last year. You and a partner are Hunters tasked to hunt down a monster in a hauntingly beautiful map by following clues using your Dark Sight (think Arkham Asylum Detective Mode). Along the way, you’ll have to avoid gloriously grotesque creatures who are all trying to kill you. In short, find monster. Kill monster. Banish monster. Evacuate.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Great write up. I didn't understand what this game was when I was watching people stream it the other day. It looked like Day-Z to me, but now I understand what was going on. It seemed like the people I was watching were trying harder to kill other players than go for the monsters.

It looks interesting. It's like mixing a Battle Royale / Day-Z type game with a game like Evolve. I'll have to check it out when it gets further down the line.
  • BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662
    The game already has a wider variety of monsters than others, its a shame they are just filler exp into a monotonous game mode.
    jayheld90

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Soon as I saw that players were more intent on killing other players, I wrote this one off.  Just flawed design to my mind.
    Samhaeljayheld90Signex
  • strangesidestrangeside Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Been playing this casually, and we have found that the game is very CPU intensive until they further optimize (more likely will be when EA launches). I'm currently running a 8700k and had consistent frame around 50-70.

Gameplay wise, I agree the shooting is maddening and hope they revisit it very soon. But once you land that shot and get a kill it's the best feeling in the world.

Level design is amazing, especially night maps.. This game truly gets the heart pumping.
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    With the ability to kill the other players that is all this game will turn in to... Just another player killing game with the actual monster objective as an afterthought.
    Samhaeljayheld90TacticalZombeh
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Yeah, I agree with a couple of the posters thus far. Putting in the ability to kill other players basically changes the game so *that* is the main focus. It really sounded interesting otherwise. I don't really understand the large volume of PvP-focused games these days. With a few exceptions, they don't seem to last very long. I don't regard "kill other players" as content so this just strikes me as lazy programming and suggests that many of the target demographic will only last short-term before they shelf or uninstall it.
    koldmiserjayheld90
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Changing the focus to competitive MP killed any and all interest I had in this game. A damn shame.
    jayheld90

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• MykellMykell Member UncommonPosts: 780
    Add a timer so the longer the monster stays alive the stronger it becomes, more low level monsters appear to stop the death match mentality and it might be interesting.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Game wasnt friendly to my Ryzen 1700x, 40fps at best with a 1070. Very unplayable framerate.
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM