Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Capcom Announces MHW As Its Fastest Selling Game to Date with 6M Copies Shipped - Monster Hunter Wor

2»

Comments

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Wizardry said:
    I have already seen giant sized mobs,that kiddie stuff doesn't excite me anymore,just like Ark,Dinosaurs are cool but again  i am a big boy now,cutesy gimmicks do not bait me in.
    You're a fan of Final Fantasy, there's enough cutesy in that as well as questionable fashion sense to sure warrant someone to raise an eye brow in your direction ...

Besides, you also play "video games" so let's not get on a soap box about how adult you are, I'm very well acquainted with enough adults who would laugh in your face based on that fact alone.

Oh no Wizardry, the truth is that out of the "poisons" out there you have already picked yours and more power to you for it.

I'm just not buying that you are any more elevated than anyone else on this forum.

Or anywhere else ...

[Deleted User]frostymugmaskedweaselTacticalZombehrojoArcueidPsym0n
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Hey guys, that game you like that's doing really well is total crap! They're all crap! People are idiots, so anything that appeals to a lot of people must be crap. Hope you have fun with that super uncool game while I spend the rest of my Friday night being an ass in YouTube comment sections.
    [Deleted User]TacticalZombehinfomatz
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

exile01 said:

6m copies sold, 15% player retantion rate. No longterm appeal.

Wizardry said:

So glad i did not play follow the leader and jump off that same bridge,the game does not warrant my time,nor is it good enough to warrant any longevity.

I have already seen giant sized mobs,that kiddie stuff doesn't excite me anymore,just like Ark,Dinosaurs are cool but again  i am a big boy now,cutesy gimmicks do not bait me in.Just based on watching not playing,MH is barely a 5/10,if it was a 6/10 i might actually play it for a bit but i won't because it doesn't look good enough.
    I am pretty sure Capcom doesn't miss my few dollars if they are making millions,guess what ,the feeling is mutual as  i don't miss playing a game i feel is not good enough.

Speak for yourselves, This is the best game I've ever played.

If the game "doesn't look good enough", You're delusional. Give me one game that does combat with large creatures better and I'll tell you how stupid you sound.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,838
    derek39 said:

exile01 said:

Wizardry said:

So glad i did not play follow the leader and jump off that same bridge,the game does not warrant my time,nor is it good enough to warrant any longevity.

I have already seen giant sized mobs,that kiddie stuff doesn't excite me anymore,just like Ark,Dinosaurs are cool but again  i am a big boy now,cutesy gimmicks do not bait me in.Just based on watching not playing,MH is barely a 5/10,if it was a 6/10 i might actually play it for a bit but i won't because it doesn't look good enough.
    I am pretty sure Capcom doesn't miss my few dollars if they are making millions,guess what ,the feeling is mutual as  i don't miss playing a game i feel is not good enough.

Speak for yourselves, This is the best game I've ever played.

If the game "doesn't look good enough", You're delusional. Give me one game that does combat with large creatures better and I'll tell you how stupid you sound.
    Well, that depends on what you want. For immersion and depth, Monster Hunter cannot be beaten. If you're looking for fast, fun, frenetic boss battles against huge, over the top beings, Devil May Cry 3 & 4 and the Bayonetta games would deliver. Apples and oranges. 
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited February 2018

Wizardry said:

you never fail to amaze people, for all the wrong reasons. I think you chose "Wizardry" as your forum name to make people think you actually played that classic series. You don't seem to play anything. Why bother bashing every game? just play something you enjoy.
    Psym0n

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960

Wizardry said:

you never fail to amaze people, for all the wrong reasons. I think you chose "Wizardry" as your forum name to make people think you actually played that classic series. You don't seem to play anything. Why bother bashing every game? just play something you enjoy.

I think he chose his name because he has the seemingly magical ability to make each of his posts sound more ignorant than the last.

Also, he's not playing anything because 'all games suck these days'. Now get off his lawn, ya damn kids!

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• seldinseldin Member UncommonPosts: 196
    So when did shipped = sold. I am happy for them and I did buy a copy for the Xbox but just because you shipped something does not mean it will sell. I guess I am just being to technical.
  • acidbloodacidblood Member RarePosts: 878
    Waiting on the (hopefully not a bad port) PC version myself, despite being awefully tempted to just get it on PS4 (but I think I've missed the Watcher Palico at this point and still have Persona 5 to finish)
  • bonzoso21bonzoso21 Member UncommonPosts: 380
    seldin said:
    So when did shipped = sold. I am happy for them and I did buy a copy for the Xbox but just because you shipped something does not mean it will sell. I guess I am just being to technical.

Since most retailers place their orders with publishers based on pre-orders and general hype, many (maybe even most) companies in the gaming industry report their shipped numbers as "pretty much a sale" rather than wait for NPD or other analyst groups to compile sales data. In essence, a shipped copy IS a sold copy from the publisher's perspective...they sold it to a retailer, now it's the retailer's job to sell it to a customer and make that tiny margin. In the end, I'm sure it comes back to bite the publishers later if unsold inventory piles up on retail shelves, but most of it sells in the end. 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    The kids have been playing this game.  If you are holding your breath for the PC version it is not worth it.  While initially very fun, the kids are already burning out on it.  No great depth of game experience here.  There are much better PC games out there to throw money at if you ask me.
    Aeander
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Mange1 said:

exile01 said:

fake news

About 100 hours in and still going strong, the game has a life span like any game does but the retention rate is certainly not an issue. I'm ahead of the curve according to reddit and I still got dozens of hours worth of things I need to do still.
    Have to  disagree with you there.  Kids are already back playing their xmas games, so much for any longevity.  They were initially playing it with their friends, but GTA V seems to have far more appeal for doing that.
    Aeander