Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Centaur(Champion,Bow!?,1vs3) and Druid Videos - 5.4 Tests

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
Both are player made; the first one illustrates Crowfall early build diversity (bow) since Champs are basically your fyry warriors / zerkers:

2nd one is for healers, skirmish, Druid PoW:

W...aaagh?

Comments

• EldurianEldurian Member EpicPosts: 2,736
    That is a really cool video. I love classes that can switch between ranged and melee if they are done well because the diversity is a powerful ally.

Want to fight in close? I will fight you at a range.

Want to right at a range? I will fight you in close.

And the centaur has the mobility to make that happen. Plus, what the heck with those self heals?! I was under the impression the champion would not have much self-healing and you had to go with a templar to get much in the way of seal heals. But that guy was self-healing like a champ (no pun intended). 

Glad I watched that video, it has me strongly considering trying out a centaur champ.
    JamesGoblin
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Just to "warn" you in case you missed it, this is from February! Mork only knows where is meta now, a couple patches and million bugs later.
     W...aaagh?
  • ZardayneZardayne Member UncommonPosts: 66
    You know I've been watching this game for a while now and I was really looking forward to it but as a player who always plays druids in games where they are available, I just can't do it in Crowfall. Staff and Shield..Really? That just sounds and looks silly. Couple that with all of the twirling around and man that sure it killing my excitement for the game. I know it's way early and I'll keep watching but dang..I don't even know what to say.
    JamesGoblin

• Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    edited May 2018
    Zardayne said:
    You know I've been watching this game for a while now and I was really looking forward to it but as a player who always plays druids in games where they are available, I just can't do it in Crowfall. Staff and Shield..Really? That just sounds and looks silly. Couple that with all of the twirling around and man that sure it killing my excitement for the game. I know it's way early and I'll keep watching but dang..I don't even know what to say.
    Druids can only use a shield if they take the Master of Scimitars discipline, otherwise they just use a staff. Normal druid is more of a healer but taking Master of Scimitars removes the life (healing) tray and provides more damage.
    Post edited by Arkade99 on
    JamesGoblin[Deleted User]
    Arkade99 said:
    Zardayne said:
    Druids can only use a shield if they take the Master of Scimitars discipline, otherwise they just use a staff. Normal druid is more of a healer but taking Master of Scimitars removes the life (healing) tray and provides more damage.
    So in the future with master of scimitars do you see the animation showing scimitar and shield instead of staff and shield? I sure hope so. That would make a lot more sense.

I'm glad they're adding scimitars to druids in this game. It brings a little of that D&D feel. Shame they can't shapeshift :)
    JamesGoblin

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Zardayne said:
    Arkade99 said:
    Zardayne said:
    So in the future with master of scimitars do you see the animation showing scimitar and shield instead of staff and shield? I sure hope so. That would make a lot more sense.

I'm glad they're adding scimitars to druids in this game. It brings a little of that D&D feel. Shame they can't shapeshift :)
    @Zardayne On scimitars - the game pre-alpha tests are full of placeholders, and the team is slowly filling in the blanks. Say a couple days ago we had Stoneborn (a kind of Dwarf) race introduced to tests for the first time - he was VIRTUALLY using the body of a Half-Giant, and there was no animations - Half Giant, non-animated i.e. frozen with his hands wide open was able to "walk" around and do stuff a Stoneborn would do. They could as well put a giant pixel instead, for testing purposes.

People asked about shapeshifting a zillion times already, and ACE answered that they are not opposed to it; it can be added through disciplines - but I believe we will not see it before (or at) launch - small team, focus on making the core game and yadda yaddity. Before that, the closest thing to WoW druid shapeshifts might be Vampires and Werewolves, and AFAIK the earliest these might be added is between soft launch and launch, and not before.
    [Deleted User]
     W...aaagh?
    Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
    JamesGoblin

Yeah I wouldn't get put off by any weapon combo you see any class using. All classes have a lot of options in terms of weapons. All classes have different directions you can take your build.

That being said, I'm not sure druid in CF is going to have huge appeal to people who have played druid in other games unless you are just looking for a general nature themed caster. They really kind of did their own thing with it.
    JamesGoblin
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Eldurian said:
    Yeah I wouldn't get put off by any weapon combo you see any class using. All classes have a lot of options in terms of weapons. All classes have different directions you can take your build.

That being said, I'm not sure druid in CF is going to have huge appeal to people who have played druid in other games unless you are just looking for a general nature themed caster. They really kind of did their own thing with it.

I think "Nature themed caster/healer" pretty much sums it up.  There's no animal form or anything like that.  I personally like them as they are...but I wouldn't complain to an animal form mechanic either.
    JamesGoblinEldurian
    Eldurian said:

I think "Nature themed caster/healer" pretty much sums it up.  There's no animal form or anything like that.  I personally like them as they are...but I wouldn't complain to an animal form mechanic either.
    I'm just looking forward to the werewolf discipline. I could enjoy that if it's well done for pretty much any class.
    JamesGoblin