Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Review after playing a year+ now

13»

Comments

• Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    edited February 2018
    Rune_74 - It seems that we are getting ever closer to being able to call this game UO2, what with the people asking for full loot full freedom(which worked so well in the past.). I'm really starting to wonder what the difference from UO there is at this point. Yes, I know that the graphics are different, but the decisions seem to be leading towards the chaos that UO was when it was released.

Ara - UO combat and SotA combat have no similarities.

Death system in SotA have no similarity with the UO system.

There is no comparable alignment system. UO had statloss for PK:s which worked very well. Removed most PK:s and only the really skilled PK:s continued their career.

So there are very few similarities if you compare these features, it is not close to UO2.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/page-156

Calling this game UO2 seems like a laughable joke today.

Many of the one's defending this compromise system from developer's are not arround anymore. I wonder why? =)

If you check the names in this thread you realize most of them are gone from the game. Only the casual PvE player's are still arround. And many of them have also left the game.

Seeing this it is clear that developer's of SotA made alot of miscalculations on who their playerbase was and how many they alienated with their suggestions.
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Aragon100 said:
    Rune_74 - It seems that we are getting ever closer to being able to call this game UO2, what with the people asking for full loot full freedom(which worked so well in the past.). I'm really starting to wonder what the difference from UO there is at this point. Yes, I know that the graphics are different, but the decisions seem to be leading towards the chaos that UO was when it was released.

Ara - UO combat and SotA combat have no similarities.

Death system in SotA have no similarity with the UO system.

There is no comparable alignment system. UO had statloss for PK:s which worked very well. Removed most PK:s and only the really skilled PK:s continued their career.

So there are very few similarities if you compare these features, it is not close to UO2.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/page-156

Calling this game UO2 seems like a laughable joke today.

Many of the one's defending this compromise system from developer's are not arround anymore. I wonder why? =)

If you check the names in this thread you realize most of them are gone from the game. Only the casual PvE player's are still arround. And many of them have also left the game.

Seeing this it is clear that developer's of SotA made alot of miscalculations on who their playerbase was and how many they alienated with their suggestions.
    I do agree for sure from a player like yourself who is hardcore PVP that the system for you is not fully fleshed out yet.  I do know myself and a few others that will be Pvping in the future once we see the system completed.   There are some interesting things in the game that are not yet active one is for those that had backed as a knight which gave them a special table they could write a persons name on to find out where they are once a day.  The point of the table was for Knights / Knight Marshals to hunt down Pkers.   The guild I am a member of has a sub guild called the Black Hand which is a guild that will be using those tables come release.  they will be running an operation where they can be paid to go kill someone.  The black hand has already figured out their dress code and colors, they are waiting on the tabard system which was just announced last patch so they can get an approved logo to distinguish them from any fakes / others.

I think once the PVP system is released people will change their view, however the next complaint I think will be that those that took leave too soon will be mad because now they are too far behind to catch back up to the players that stuck through the incomplete times.  Then it will be said that its not fair because they didn't wipe the servers and all the pvp people in there are all 100 gm skilled or higher.   that is another reason I don't currently PVP, I have seen a few guys with 139 kills all GM and flagged run through camps I am at looking for people to take down,  I carry 3 sets of armor and a lot of rings and artifacts for different mobs etc on me.  last thing I need is pvp deaths all day and running out of money to pay to get my gear back.  only the hardcore guys open pvp all the time.   

In the mean time I just get my fix in the Virtue league PVP Tournaments.  They have a rule book and they make sure fights are fair.  no artifacts allowed.  Those are held every sat and are pretty interesting.  But that's more like entertainment for guilds and not people like yourself :)
    Kyleran
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    OP the game is P2W period.   Coming here explaining how it is not pay to win when so many people are tired of the way cash shops are setup today in MMORPGs is not going to help out your game.    You are just like the people I trying to talk to civilly on the SOTA boards and was treated as if I dont not agree 100% of the time with them GTFO.   So this is what SOTA is going to end up flopping big time.   

Ashes of Creation is my future game because they are staying far away from P2W cash shops.   People today are tired of cash shops period.   Subscriptions are the way to go even if there is a way to buy blocks of time vs a monthly sub.  
  • blorpykinsblorpykins Member RarePosts: 466
    The dev that manages the economy said the game is P2W this morning in one of his blog posts.  He said for the whales, the game is pay to win because they can get gold without having to do anything for it.

I don't think SOTA is supposed to be a fun game.  I think it's just for moving money around.
    Ice-QueenHachlath
  • DracSchniderDracSchnider Member UncommonPosts: 223
    danwest58 said:
    OP the game is P2W period.   Coming here explaining how it is not pay to win when so many people are tired of the way cash shops are setup today in MMORPGs is not going to help out your game.    You are just like the people I trying to talk to civilly on the SOTA boards and was treated as if I dont not agree 100% of the time with them GTFO.   So this is what SOTA is going to end up flopping big time.   

Ashes of Creation is my future game because they are staying far away from P2W cash shops.   People today are tired of cash shops period.   Subscriptions are the way to go even if there is a way to buy blocks of time vs a monthly sub.  

Ashes of creation is the same.  They already offer different buy in Kickstart bonuses for those with more cash.   The shroud Store does not sell anything but fluff *unless you count deeds and houses.  But as stated you can get those cheaper in game from other players for gold etc.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    So after skipping over the thread I learned that SotA is not pay to win.

You can buy a house with cash but that isn't a real advantage.
    You aren't Hulk, you can't grab the house and toss it on another player to kill him.

I guess that's the way the SotA players see it.
    Hachlath
    Harbinger of Fools
  • HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited February 2018
    tried also on linux; omg