Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Death of MMO genre - Nuff said ...

1234568»

Comments

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,059

I clam: 
    - People don't like cash shops, many don't like $15 a month that's true, but they "defiantly" don't like cash shops, they're hated...... Middle ground ?...... None of us could answer that. 

- People don't like scripted, path game play and EASY.  

- Millions gave up and are gone from this site, it's a new crowd with a few that like both. 

- This site is slowing down mmorpg's are dying.

STOP IGNORING THIS !
    "- People don't like cash shops, many don't like $15 a month that's true, but they "defiantly" don't like cash shops, they're hated...... Middle ground ?...... None of us could answer that. "

Most people don't give a shit about cash shops if they are only cosmetic, like GW2, ESO... well like most AAA titles which use them. Only the Asian grinder have cash shops with "pay to win" problems that many people indeed "hate".

"- People don't like scripted, path game play and EASY.  "

Bullshit, because you assume scripted = easy. Please post a viable link to your kills in Mythic raids in WoW (for instance). Show us that you have mastered those supposedly easy scripted fights. Until then, you're talking out of your ass.

"- Millions gave up and are gone from this site, it's a new crowd with a few that like both."

I'm sure you have a reliable data source for those millions you feel are gone. Since when, btw? Last year? 10 years ago? 20 ?

"- This site is slowing down mmorpg's are dying."

More pulling "facts" out of your ass. You may want to search online for some lube now, it must start to hurt badly.

"STOP IGNORING THIS !"

Because caps make you right.

MisatoTremorAlBQuirky
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 5,883
    edited March 2018

I clam: 
    - People don't like cash shops, many don't like $15 a month that's true, but they "defiantly" don't like cash shops, they're hated...... Middle ground ?...... None of us could answer that. 

- Millions gave up and are gone from this site, it's a new crowd with a few that like both. 

STOP IGNORING THIS !
    "- People don't like cash shops, many don't like $15 a month that's true, but they "defiantly" don't like cash shops, they're hated...... Middle ground ?...... None of us could answer that. "

Most people don't give a shit about cash shops if they are only cosmetic, like GW2, ESO... well like most AAA titles which use them. Only the Asian grinder have cash shops with "pay to win" problems that many people indeed "hate".

Bullshit, because you assume scripted = easy. Please post a viable link to your kills in Mythic raids in WoW (for instance). Show us that you have mastered those supposedly easy scripted fights. Until then, you're talking out of your ass.

"- Millions gave up and are gone from this site, it's a new crowd with a few that like both."

I'm sure you have a reliable data source for those millions you feel are gone. Since when, btw? Last year? 10 years ago? 20 ?

More pulling "facts" out of your ass. You may want to search online for some lube now, it must start to hurt badly.

"STOP IGNORING THIS !"

Nice and convenient to leave out the part about the polls conducted, again side tracking proof AS ALWAYS (yes caps on).  You and several others never acknowledged such polls, talk about picking and choosing.  

Marketing polls are like CNN polls, only ask the four that agree when them, then you have 100%.... fake news :) 

Never did I say script=easy...... script and also easy.  At level 30 gather up the entire zone and press the dynamite button, what will the next gen game be....Nuke button, blow up the entire game :) 

Data to back up millions gone....... come on !......... That's like a school yard brawl, where the kids scatter..... Whos the teacher gonna ask ?  
  • MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,371

I clam: 

STOP IGNORING THIS !

"STOP IGNORING THIS !"

Nice and convenient to leave out the part about the polls conducted, again side tracking proof AS ALWAYS (yes caps on).  You and several others never acknowledged such polls, talk about picking and choosing.  

Marketing polls are like CNN polls, only ask the four that agree when them, then you have 100%.... fake news :) 

Never did I say script=easy...... script and also easy.  At level 30 gather up the entire zone and press the dynamite button, what will the next gen game be....Nuke button, blow up the entire game :) 

Data to back up millions gone....... come on !......... That's like a school yard brawl, where the kids scatter..... Whos the teacher gonna ask ?  
    There's never been a poll on this site that has had a million viewers, much less respondents.  MMORPG.com doesn't have even close to the number of regular posters to a statistically valid poll.  To be valid, a poll of this population of unknown size (>100,000 gamers) would require 384 total responses to give a 95% confidence with a 5% margin of error in the results.

Math is precise, and statistics is the foundation of polling science.

Jean-Luc_Picard

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member EpicPosts: 7,069
    I'm sure I am in the minority but I dont mind cash shops at all...I dont even look at them...TO me its way worse to be forced to pay $15 a month for the "right to play" rather than paying for items people would like to have....
  • Pr3sid3ntSkr00bPr3sid3ntSkr00b Member UncommonPosts: 53
    If mmorpgs are dead, does that me and all the people I play them with a bunch of necrophiliac gamers? I feel disgusted with myself now... I may need therapy
    Jean-Luc_PicardAlBQuirky
  • MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,970
    It's easy, stop copy/pasting the same MMO formula since ever in new titles and then the genre will captivate more interest, it's not about profitability because the MMO titles around show quite the numbers.

The MMO genre mostly still stands comparing to that phase of "yet another zombie survival game".
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,540
    edited April 2018
    Death of MMo only because all we see is a sea full of spam of crappy Indie no effort low budget crap day after day after day.
    We see so much spam of these crappy games because websites and Youtubers make money from these by advertising them and reviewing them "same thing",there is NO quality control when comes to making $$$ just keep tossing all the trash at us,tons of people out there that will soak it up and spend money on those trash games.

1 WHY waste time and money making HQ mmorpg's when you can make something cheap like LOL or Dota or HOTS or Diablo's or Clash Royale and make tons of money doing it?

2 Only the super brave will even try and make a mmorpg and even then with a limited budget and limited time/effort.

3 Only a VERY small handful of developers can pull it off and even then many of those will run into problems along the way and cut corners and save cost and deliver a less than HQ game.Oh but we will patch it and fix it later..we PROMISE !!.
    MaxBacon

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member EpicPosts: 6,970
    Wizardry said:
    Death of MMo only because all we see is a sea full of spam of crappy Indie no effort low budget crap day after day after day.
    LOL, because the non-indie higher budget MMO's have totally been not been literal copy/pastes of the same formula for years and years.

And the Indies are the problem? lol