Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ashes of Creation: 15 Minutes of World-Spanning Gameplay

13»

Comments

  • PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 458
    The way this game was designed it NEEDS PvP. Towns created on certain nodes unlocks certain dungeons. The only way for you to experience other dungeons/events is to destroy cities so others can be built (since there can only be 3 metropolis cities at a time). 

    The whole node system is built around this.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,735
    edited February 2018
    Ponzini said:
    The way this game was designed it NEEDS PvP. Towns created on certain nodes unlocks certain dungeons. The only way for you to experience other dungeons/events is to destroy cities so others can be built (since there can only be 3 metropolis cities at a time). 

    The whole node system is built around this.

  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Asm0deus said:
    Looks good and all but if no pve servers then no go for me, I am not interested in being content for pvpers and the like.
    Thats ok, the game is not going to cater to PVE only players.   This game will force you to make friends and not play the WOW Clone striped PVE content.   This game will make you be friend people because yes a PKer can kill you and take a percentage of your resources.  But also the Karma system in the game will make it that if a person is a real jerk that you can kill him easier than he can kill you and you take everything on him.    There is a major Risk vs Reward system in the game that PKers will have a higher risk if they are always playing in a negative way in the game.  Yes you could catch a player with half their stats at max level and kill him with little effort and get a treasure trove of stuff because he was stupid.    

    The risk to PVE players will be more focused around losing a percentage of crafting materials and some time.   The idea that the developers are going for is you might lose a few minutes worth of time by being PKed in the world vs a PKer can lose everything on them.    Yes Caravans can make you risk stuff, but on the flip side have a few friends and likely you will not run into but a few attackers.    With no quick travel there is no way to get across the map in time to stop a caravan.   

    I am way more of a PVE player myself, however with that said the balance they are putting in this system with the Karma system and its not full PVP looting I do not risk a lot of time.   I also plan to be a heavy crafter in this game.   Guess what, my friends will be protecting me in this endeavor to get cheaper gear.   

     
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,330
    FYI, Ashes is streaming live at 1300 Pacific time today. That's in 5 minutes. :smiley:

    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Torval said:
    FYI, Ashes is streaming live at 1300 Pacific time today. That's in 5 minutes. :smiley:

    Too bad I couldnt watch it because I was getting my kids, its my weekend to have my kids.  I will have to watch it another time.  
  • TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 21,330
    danwest58 said:
    Torval said:
    FYI, Ashes is streaming live at 1300 Pacific time today. That's in 5 minutes. :smiley:

    Too bad I couldnt watch it because I was getting my kids, its my weekend to have my kids.  I will have to watch it another time.  
    They recorded the stream. It was pretty low key, but it showed a couple dungeons and some overland areas. They did a little pvp at the end. Throughout they answered a few questions but mostly stuff that's been asked before.
    traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration


Sign In or Register to comment.