Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Confirms 'Early 2019' Release, Claims It's Not a Delay, Also Posts Nearly $200M Loss in Q3 2017 -

13»

Comments

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 20,639
    Bakgrind said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    Golelorn said:
    Weird... the EA CEO made 20 million dollars in 2017. How many poor EA schmucks lost their job due to his poor leadership?

http://insiders.morningstar.com/trading/executive-compensation.action?t=EA

You go ahead and buy those loot crates(or their pathetic games). I will pass.

Its called consumer responsibility. We should all give up on corporation responsibility. Not happening.

Well, EA employs nearly 10,000 people and the stock just hit an all-time high in the last 24 hours. So...... I don't know what to say. You can disagree with loot crates, that's completely logical. However, to say that people are losing their jobs at a higher rate than anywhere else in the industry and to say that the CEO isn't performing when their stock price has nearly doubled in the past year is fucking retarded. Sorry. I'm not saying you're retarded, I'm saying that idea is retarded. 
    Pure speculation on my part , but I would have to say that EA's stock only soared because of the rumored Microsoft buyout news. And we are seeing the designed effect of such news. I am sure that BUPG Corporations who is another business that was rumored to be bought out stock value went up. And Microsoft has gone up as well.

Valve was another company that was rumored to be look at by Microsoft, but since it is a private company I don't see Gabe wanting to get rid of it even though he came from Microsoft. But, you gotta love the speculation aspect of rumored news because it drives the market and makes money. Fear and greed and speculation fuel the stock market.
    It's not only because of the Microsoft rumor. EA stock did take a tumble from the PR controversy but has been back on track and strong as ever since then. The MS announcement did bump that by a couple percent though. It had a big impact for sure, but it wasn't exclusively due to that announcement.
    Fedora - A modern, free, and open source Operating System. https://getfedora.org/

traveller, interloper, anomaly, iteration

• devileyebgdevileyebg Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Flat year on year growth, with $186m loss in Q3. Thats what happens if you are trying to convert entertainment into a money-milking industry.And exactly that is what prevents nowadays games to shine as old ones despite the fact that computers and whole IT industry are almost 200 times better than lets say 15 years ago. So keep destroying the gaming with pathetic attempts for implementation on paid services in them.We will be all pleased both to not play em and reading about your loses.
    Gdemami
  • sayuusayuu Member RarePosts: 760
    Flat year on year growth, with $186m loss in Q3. Thats what happens if you are trying to convert entertainment into a money-milking industry.And exactly that is what prevents nowadays games to shine as old ones despite the fact that computers and whole IT industry are almost 200 times better than lets say 15 years ago. So keep destroying the gaming with pathetic attempts for implementation on paid services in them.We will be all pleased both to not play em and reading about your loses.
    by flat you of course mean upward slope. . .

Shit on EA all you want, they continue to make more and more profit every year. . .