Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW still worth play/learn?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
edited January 2018 in The Pub at MMORPG.COM

should be wow good for me? also worth play and learn

• i dont like very slow leveling  / idc for story / also don't really like questing (but i can go through this if is better at endgame)
  • i love open world boss / open world pvp / zerg/mass pvp

• i dont want max gear after 1week ( i want slow improving my gear )

• very active PVP

• i want alot endgame contents idc for early contents

• i like grind with party Dungeons / Raids / open world mobs / floors ...

• i dont want feel like i playing single player game (i mean endgame world very alive idc while i leveling)

• holy trinity

• fun dungeons i dont want grind boring dungeons

gona play 5-6h each day

Comments

• WicasaWicasa Member UncommonPosts: 77
    Yes, because there's still no MMORPG that's all around better, maybe better in certain areas, but not overall...
    mrputts
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Wicasa said:
    Yes, because there's still no MMORPG that's all around better, maybe better in certain areas, but not overall...
    Agreed but I would say FFXIV checks all but decent PVP boxes. So it would make a Stable option for OP

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I can name two that do everything better than Wow and in some cases equally but never worse.EQ2 and FFXI

When you say"overall" and yet still no housing,that is being quite biased and NOT an accurate statement.

Pvp is the one exception but Wow pvp is not a part of he game,it is a separate entity and even then pvp in rpg's is laughable and should not be included in ANY mention of being good or overall.

FFXIV is a game that would take too much to explain it is very hit n miss but Wow is imo mostly miss ,so take it for whatever.

To really nail a point,FFXI characters look much better than Wow and yet is an even lower end graphics game,so yeah all that talk about art style and stuff is nonsense,Wow just looks bad.
    FFXI absolutely blows Wow out of the water for class/combat design and plays more like a mmo/rpg world than Wow does.

Eq2 does the exact same thing as Wow ,everything on par some done better,including looking better and having housing as well a rather large bit of content devoted to housing/items.

So yeah,feel free to explain to me how Wow does anything better than any those 3 games aside from pvp which idc even remotely about and neither should anyone because it is not a part of the game world.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    edited February 2018
    judging by your likes/dislikes i'd say no WoW is probably not for you.

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    You will never know until you try, and last time it was 7,50 for expansions till warlords and sub. 

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104
    edited February 2018
    if you do decide to play wow make sure to do recruit a friend if you dont you will regret it. it basically someone refferal and when you play with them you gain 3x as much exp it will make getting to end game way faster and it doesnt cost any extra.

edit: they lowered the amount of exp you get from recruit a friend but its still better then nothing
  • NaryathNaryath Member UncommonPosts: 26
    Recommending FFXIV to someone who doesn't like slow leveling...

Go for WoW man, try it to lv20 for free.
  • drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104
    i did forget that when you buy wow and its expansion you will get 1 max lvl character and you will be able to try out some max lvl characters before you decided
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    drivec said:
    if you do decide to play wow make sure to do recruit a friend if you dont you will regret it. it basically someone refferal and when you play with them you gain 3x as much exp it will make getting to end game way faster and it doesnt cost any extra.

• The XP boost has been reduced from 200% bonus to 50% bonus*, effective today, January 22, 2018.

• cjmarshcjmarsh Member UncommonPosts: 299
    I tried going back to WoW just to see how the new expansion was and I could barely get through the first handful of quests. It felt like a dated theme park game and I realized that now it just represents everything that has been copied so many times in other games. I've seen the same mechanics so often it feels like they resurrected the undead horse so they could beat it some more.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    maybe

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    You can go on Twitch and see what people are streaming at "end game." See if that's the kind of stuff you want to do. Also, like others said, free trials.

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    You can also make trial characters