Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legends of Aria

KingstewartKingstewart Member UncommonPosts: 20
Legends of Aria starts today's founder packs for closed beta. If your a big fan of Ultima or Albion Online, then this might be right up your avenue. There is no NDA so your free to stream. I'm very excited and want to get the news out to as many people as possible. If you would like to use my referral code it is at the bottom. I hope to see you all ingame. 

http://www.legendsofaria.com/purchase/?referral=51-75e6

Tokken

Comments

• ElvocElvoc Member RarePosts: 546
    SBFord said:
    Lol I saw that but no time listed :smile:

Its ok they just released the Download client and posted an estimation of 4PM EST..Thanks 
  • KingstewartKingstewart Member UncommonPosts: 20
    40 mins and counting !!!! HYPE!!! Also forgot to mention there will be no character wipes. I do think they will have to if something gamebreaking is exploited. Let's have some fun!! Msg me ingame @ JIMZ
  • BluefishBluefish Member UncommonPosts: 96
    See my comment in the latest Aria news article if you want an opinion on this game. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Watched some streams last night....not impressed.  I get their shtick is to appeal to the old UO players but it doesn't do anything new, different, or better than UO.

Perhaps once a larger community forms and great modded servers come about.  I have a feeling much like Skyrim this will become much better with community adjustments.
    JeffSpicoli
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    There whole OWPVP with Full Looting system is what is keeping me and a handful of friends from playing LoA.   We all played UO back in the day, but none of us want to do Full Looting systems again.   We dont mind Ashes of Creation partial looting that is cool but kill someone take all there stuff is no longer appealing.   

freakkydelete5230
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532
    Looks like a great game, but, not my flavor. I am sure there are a lot of people that love and embrace open PvP with Full Loot.. but.. that is not a sale point for me. 
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    danwest58 said:
    There whole OWPVP with Full Looting system is what is keeping me and a handful of friends from playing LoA.   We all played UO back in the day, but none of us want to do Full Looting systems again.   We dont mind Ashes of Creation partial looting that is cool but kill someone take all there stuff is no longer appealing.   

I'm not the definitive source here, but I believe they have a system that allows for different shards with customized rule sets, if that's still in the game. This means that you could find a shard that plays to your own preference. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ManWithNoTanManWithNoTan Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Last time I played most of the map is safe zones.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    edited February 2018
    People hear full pvp, full loot, and dismiss the game without doing any research. 

Had they, they would find out that starter zones are protected.  There are also guard towers littered across the map in strategic locations that allow for some safety.  They are working on a criminal system that will limit PK ganking, and early returns have been promising.  So, it's more 'partial pvp' and full loot. 

The way the player economy works is that low end, and even mid tier gear is the norm for most players.  And those items will be easy to create/find/buy.  How long does it take you to run back to your corpse in modern games to retrieve your lost experience on death?  I will argue that it takes less time in this game to re-gear, provided you are a smart player. 

I played Ultima Online.  I played Darkfall.  Mortal Online.  Those games were brutal.  Citadel Games is really doing a solid job at modernizing the genre.  Most of the issues with UO have been addressed.  And they are super transparent with their community.  It's one of the main reasons that they dumped Shards for a MMO approach.  The backers wanted it. 

I think gamers today have been condition to think that gear is equivalent to progression.  But in LoA, that is not the case.  Player skill and character build is far more impactful on your relative strength in the game.  There really is no gear grind.  You log in and you do whatever you want,  You have to approach the game as an adventure.  Not as a quest to beat.
    pantaroKyleranManWithNoTan
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Full PvP and full loot are self explanatory. Nothing you said changes my opinion.
    ManWithNoTan
  • SkurilesSkuriles Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited February 2018
    The idea of the game is great, also the possibilities for admins to create own servers and mod everything you want. 
    But the game is not state of the art. The controls feel laggy. The interface looks like from 2000 (and even simple clicks on any button causes small lags) and the fighting system is one of the worst I've ever seen.
    Beside the fact, that you will have to run around for endless time (run to a monster spot, run back to sell, run back (naked) to your cropse if you die, die again because you have no chance if being naked and respawn has already started etc.) the whole UI, fighting and the controls are not really well implemented and for the last beta this is should be programmed much better. You can only grind you char up and hope that you will not be killed by other (full skilled) players. At the beginning you can't even kill a simple deer. 
    So at the end: This is a game for really really old-school players or guys who need more hardcore stuff (no map marker for player for example), but for me this is not the right game. 
    The community will deliver great servers, but I have doubts that the game will have success for longer time.
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    DAS1337 said:
    People hear full pvp, full loot, and dismiss the game without doing any research. 

Had they, they would find out that starter zones are protected.  There are also guard towers littered across the map in strategic locations that allow for some safety.  They are working on a criminal system that will limit PK ganking, and early returns have been promising.  So, it's more 'partial pvp' and full loot. 

The way the player economy works is that low end, and even mid tier gear is the norm for most players.  And those items will be easy to create/find/buy.  How long does it take you to run back to your corpse in modern games to retrieve your lost experience on death?  I will argue that it takes less time in this game to re-gear, provided you are a smart player. 

I played Ultima Online.  I played Darkfall.  Mortal Online.  Those games were brutal.  Citadel Games is really doing a solid job at modernizing the genre.  Most of the issues with UO have been addressed.  And they are super transparent with their community.  It's one of the main reasons that they dumped Shards for a MMO approach.  The backers wanted it. 

I think gamers today have been condition to think that gear is equivalent to progression.  But in LoA, that is not the case.  Player skill and character build is far more impactful on your relative strength in the game.  There really is no gear grind.  You log in and you do whatever you want,  You have to approach the game as an adventure.  Not as a quest to beat.
    The combat is also horrific.  It's the UO-era -click and wait- battle system with a couple hotkeys.
  • LuftwaffenLuftwaffen Member UncommonPosts: 101
    DAS1337 said:

The combat is also horrific.  It's the UO-era -click and wait- battle system with a couple hotkeys.

yup and all these years later my opinion UO still had the best pvp in its prime