Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen & SQ4 Roadmap (updated April 8th)

Comments

• MaxBaconMaxBacon Member LegendaryPosts: 7,766
    Hardware load on the non-OCS branch:

Hardware load on the OCS branch:

This is of course still very superficial info, but as testing continues on this mirror branches with OCS enabled and disabled we'll get more specific info on the performance gains. It is also to expect OCS will be haunted by performance jabbing bugs and memory leaks during this initial phase of its backer testing with the QA team.
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    MaxBacon said:
    Hardware load on the non-OCS branch:

Hardware load on the OCS branch:

This is of course still very superficial info, but as testing continues on this mirror branches with OCS enabled and disabled we'll get more specific info on the performance gains. It is also to expect OCS will be haunted by performance jabbing bugs and memory leaks during this initial phase of its backer testing with the QA team.
    Those are also from different computers using different graphic settings?

Vrika said:
    No, from the ETF leaks it's the same people trying both branches because they have pretty much the same identical 3.3 with it enabled and disabled.

So we need to wait for more data from other people to have an average on it, the current OCS branch faces a lot of CTD's that's why it's blurry to say. What was said is that 20min play in the non-OCS branch for the guy averaging on 20FPS vs over 50 in the OCS.

The other, and this one expected, is that the OCS branch has a huge cut on the RAM needs of the game, on the same example he shared it went from 13GB to 5-7GB.
    MaxBacon said:
    Vrika said:
    No, from the ETF leaks it's the same people trying both branches because they have pretty much the same identical 3.3 with it enabled and disabled.

So we need to wait for more data from other people to have an average on it, the current OCS branch faces a lot of CTD's that's why it's blurry to say. What was said is that 20min play in the non-OCS branch for the guy averaging on 20FPS vs over 50 in the OCS.

The other, and this one expected, is that the OCS branch has a huge cut on the RAM needs of the game, on the same example he shared it went from 13GB to 5-7GB.
    First image has lower resolution, different file format, and it looks like also fraps running.

I think I'm going to believe into my theory about different computers and/or settings for the time being.

Roadmap has been updated:

Big completion row on the gameplay and ship categories for 3.3, Ship System Degradation, Scramble Race Missions, FPS Combat Missions, Asteroid Mining, Transit Systems, Item KIOSK improvements, all tasks expect one of FPS AI, all the ships excluding the Phoenix and a new weapon, are now completed and in-polish.
    Babuinix

Ship Rental mechanics on Arena Commander, for 3.3. A similar mechanic will be implemented for the PU next.
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Is it 3rd Quarter already?
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
    edited October 2018
    NorseGod said:
    Is it 3rd Quarter already?
    Technically, it's been 3rd quarter since start of July. But the patch will be released sometime after next week's CitizenCon. We should see it enter PTU during CitizenCon.
    Post edited by Vrika on

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    We are 4th quarter now
    Q3 was end of September, but they purposely decided that the 3rd yearly update be synced with Citizencon, to sync dev focus into a major release matching the conference instead of having devs having to split between a major release and the main yearly event just days after.
    edited October 2018
    Good news, CIG has decided to move back OCS and open its build PTU to everyone with the release of Alpha 3.3 instead of having to wait to Alpha 3.3.5.

Hurston set to be implemented shortly after in one incremental patch after OCS gets tested initially.

"OCS is performing much better than anticipated, and we're seeing some framerates in the triple digits range."

edited October 2018
    EDIT: Deleted.

I misunderstood MaxBacon's previous message about "opening PTU build with the release of Alpha 3.3". It looks like he meant they're including OCS in patch 3.3, not opening a separate PTU build when they release 3.3 live.

Vrika said:
    Does that mean OCS will be like 3.3.1, and then Hurston 3.3.2, or whatever RSI ends up naming those patches.
    OCS is now 3.3, this will happen as the PTU opens, so it's possible they intend to push Hurston during the 3.3 PTU before the live release.
  • BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Latest RoadMap Update

Evocatis go original and create bug reports with FOIP lol

Babuinix
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Is there anywhere that points to a finish line?

I guess with our number system,numbers are endless,so they can just keep going 3.5....3.6...4.2...6.8..7.3 on and on and on.
    Looking at that road map gave me a headache.

I was a bit skeptical on the game taking THIS LONG,but now it looks worse,this game will keep stalling fora VERY long time,i could even be dead before it is "officially" finished.
    Kyleran

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Release or not, some of the s#!% CIG is doing with the engine is impressive AF.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    I'd imagine if they sold off all the modules, they would make a pretty penny.
    To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    NorseGod said:

From what I've read sounds like Crytek wouldn't mind the tech
    NorseGod said:
    Unlikely. Their engine tech is focused on making a space game, and those aren't popular enough genre.
    Arglebargle

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Watch the Citizen Convention on Twitch - good quality in audio and video.

Have fun

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Have you been on vacation?  Hope it was good!

Can't wait to see the fallout from the latest CitizenCon....
    Erillion

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Erillion said:

Have fun

Have you been on vacation?  Hope it was good!

Can't wait to see the fallout from the latest CitizenCon....
    The keynote alone had a ton to see ... 1.5 hours of gameplay around Lorville. Missions, PvP, FPS, cooperative gameplay on a planet.  I liked it. 

I am off to watch the panels. All of this will be on YouTube soon anyway. 

Vacation ? To the contrary. 

Have fun

edited October 2018
    This citcon main event was really cool, and it just started ofc. Some of the "it's all fake demos" haters will have a hard time heh. It's actually good to see them going for syncing a major update as this with the conference, so it's focused on the gameplay and features that are already under testing, on their raw buggy form.

Also, the ability to buy ships when Hurston comes out was unexpected for the Hurston release, the renting seems to come later but I like the direction ability to spend less to play with the ship and earn up until you can actually buy it.

There are 2 different streams on, Physics and the New Flight Model.
    And there is another CR presentation, about the release of SC, at the end.

BabuinixDarkpigeon
    The Roadmap has been updated:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/roadmap

Almost every item is on polish for 3.3, the patch has started PTU wave testing on the 10th. 
    Only turret improvements are left on gameplay, multiple enemy combat behavior for AI on polish.

With progress on OCS.

On 3.3.5 Hurston gets the NoFly Zones now on Polish, and Lorville goes back 4% due to new dev tasks added to the city.