Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rakion: Chaos Force -CLOSED BETA HAS BEGAN! SIGN UP NOW!-

Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Closed Beta for Rakion begins August 11th. Ya better get ready. I believe this game will be like Dynasty Warriors + MMORPG + GunZ. This is one MMO that you can do combos (like Dynasty Warriors but more complicated than that). You guys should check out the move list of each character as well. Very interesting.

Video: http://61.74.68.183/Rakion_movie_download/20050204_Rakion_play_movie.avi

What do you guys think?

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
|
RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

Comments

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

http://www.softnyx.net/
    Eligible Countries: Singapore, Malaysia
    Test Period: 2005 August 11 ~ 25
    Information about Rakion will be offered more accurately and fully
    through "GM'S Letters".
    Thank you.
    ※If your country isn't one of the test countries, you cannot
    participate in the test.

Seems more like Survival Project judging by gameplay info. First beta is delayed then its for 2 asian countries. Hope they add more countries after those 2 weeks (or go into open beta for a year or so).

• why not give the direct link to the site! :

http://rakion.softnyx.net/

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Prid3r

why not give the direct link to the site! :
    http://rakion.softnyx.net/

Thanks for the text. I made a direct link out of it. imageimage

|

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

personally, I have been following this game for a while, as it is by the makers of gunbound... but pwn? no. This game will be bottom of my list, as it is missing EVERYTHING a good mmo needs. #1 being customization. Everyone is the same in this game, customization is about as broad as Lineage II. As for gameplay, I will have to test, but the customization alone puts the game way at the bottom of my list ::::07::

• AvitawayAvitaway Member Posts: 9

Why is it all these Asian MMORPGs look the same?

Nothing new in this to the past 12 - 15 that have gone into Open Beta...

They all seem to have the same graphical content of a PS1 game when they 1st came out, all are bugged to hell, and are full of people exploiting and talking l33tsp4ak, as well as having stupid names like Ph4t_L33tzboy7616...

Anyway /rant off and GL if this is your kind of thing image

Originally posted by Avitaway

Why is it all these Asian MMORPGs look the same?

Rakion is not an MMORPG. It's more like PSO or GunZ with RPG elements. It's a Massive Multiplayer Online Action game

|

• vineetvineet Member Posts: 3
    o yea i played softnyx's other game gunbound. man so many are talking about in gunbound it weird imageimageimageimageimage
  • spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

you will get bored very fast with this game, it has mini maps and a level system.

you get better weapons, armor and other equipment when you level up by killing other people over and over again. there are not many maps to choose so better watch tv or a pron movie image

it is definately not a mmorpg, its just a fast paced action game with very little options wheras levelling takes a lot of gametime, i would say its a kids game but nothing for expirienced gamers.

• Rakion is like....the mediavel CS version!!

Guys, closed beta has started. Join up! I downloaded the Server 2. Get that download.

|

Da*n. The requirements set to play beta test Rakion ATM is at high and it's bullcrap.

System requirements have been set high for smooth test and will be settled again accroding to test results.

It won't even accept my dad's computer (looks like it scans requirements before download). Looks like I won't be able to beta test this for a while.... image

|

• weeicolsweeicols Member Posts: 105
    ok thats stuiped you need 4.1 ghz???

W€€|©ØL$

http://rakion.softnyx.net/download/client.asp

as far as I can see, you dont need 4.1 ghz. That link says almost any gamer can play.

EDIT: I think you forgot how to read

CPU : above P4 1.6Ghz
    RAM : above 512MB
    Graphic Card : above Video Memory 128MB
    ※System requirements have been set high for smooth test and will be settled again according to test results.

thats the quote from the site, it says Pentium 4 1.6ghz, not Pentium 4.1ghz... lol

Originally posted by weeicols
    ok thats stuiped you need 4.1 ghz???

No, they are just demanding high specs right now to test then anything below that will be able to beta test. So just wait for a while.

Originally posted by theanimedude

http://rakion.softnyx.net/download/client.asp
    as far as I can see, you dont need 4.1 ghz. That link says almost any gamer can play.
    EDIT: I think you forgot how to read
    CPU : above P4 1.6Ghz
    RAM : above 512MB
    Graphic Card : above Video Memory 128MB
    ※System requirements have been set high for smooth test and will be settled again according to test results.
    thats the quote from the site, it says Pentium 4 1.6ghz, not Pentium 4.1ghz... lol

What are you talking about? That is not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about when you try to download the game from the laucher it says that it wants high specs for smooth running and testing for a while. You want me to get you a screenshot of what im talking about?

EDIT: I will be able to play later in beta but they are demanding high specs out. It might haven't been clear to you, but don't jump to conclusions.

|

I was commenting on weeicols... wow man, calm down.

EDIT: by the way, whoever did their particle system was a really bad programmer, and as Gunbound was 2D, I can excuse them for this. But in the first stage, when you hit the temple at the end, the enemies cast this "seal" looking spell, and just that seal bogs down your graphics card so much its not even funny. I think however they programmed the particles for the glow on that, its really not efficient. Other than that, the game is a really smooth run, I think they intentionally said specs were high, as to save complaints.

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

I'll be DLing as soon as I get home...been waiting for this one!

Rikimaru, you want me to torrent the installer? Should bypass their downloader...

• Im playing this till RF Online is released.

• Man this eats 1 gig of space.....image

Only 1GB? Thats less than Ultima Online!

Originally posted by theanimedude

I was commenting on weeicols... wow man, calm down.
    EDIT: by the way, whoever did their particle system was a really bad programmer, and as Gunbound was 2D, I can excuse them for this. But in the first stage, when you hit the temple at the end, the enemies cast this "seal" looking spell, and just that seal bogs down your graphics card so much its not even funny. I think however they programmed the particles for the glow on that, its really not efficient. Other than that, the game is a really smooth run, I think they intentionally said specs were high, as to save complaints.

My bad, didn't know, start quoting. image

Yo man can you do some screenshots. I'm unable to play it for a while.

|

First impression? Mages are WAY over powered. Hit you with a spell or two, then run away till someone knocks you down, fire off another spell or two, rinse, repeat. Little buggers are tiny little targets too. Dont seem to get much (if any) XP for doing damage...you have to get the kill for any decent XP. I got ONE kill in 20 minutes. Definitely need to fix that...and tone down the mage a bit.

• How are you able to get past the "Create Character" glitch they are having right now ??

I didn't encounter a glitch...I clicked on Creat Character, waited a second or two, and the creation popped up. Was that easy...I'm using fairly high end gear though.

Originally posted by Tyzen
    How are you able to get past the "Create Character" glitch they are having right now ??

The devs on the site say they are working on that as we speak

|

• Well I finally created an account.  The game is actually fun.  I would still be playing atm but the game went through server maintenance.  Graphics looks great but the customization is sooooo generic.  There actually is no customization heh, but overall a fun game indeed.