Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ding, $20M!

JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
https://crowfall.com/en/funding/

By the way, it seems that a new wave of hires is at full swing; So far I am aware of new QA  man, sound engineer, 3D artist(s?) and I believe they added some programmers too.
 W...aaagh?
pantaro[Deleted User]Slapshot1188YashaX

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    edited January 2018
    Glad to see some of these indie titles are starting to rev up as they approach the final stages.

Besides, it proves me right again.

;)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Truvidien88Truvidien88 Member UncommonPosts: 462
    Good for them! :)
    JamesGoblin
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I'm seriously not expecting any of these crowd funded indie MMOs to get anywhere. Keeping my expectations low, maybe I'll be surprised by something one of these days.
    [Deleted User]rojoArcueid
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985

By the way, it seems that a new wave of hires is at full swing; So far I am aware of new QA  man, sound engineer, 3D artist(s?) and I believe they added some programmers too.
    Wait... $20M funding for an indie mmorpg of which almost 14M is equity?  But we were told by another competitor recently that nobody would listen to his sales pitch because he wouldnt put in lootboxes.  Strange... I don’t recall Crowfall having lootboxes. How could they have raised so much money without lootboxes...

Seriously though... good milestone but personally I’m tired of talking about mmorpg funding.  I just want to play the damn game!

pantaroEponyxDamorYashaXJamesGoblin

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• pantaropantaro Member RarePosts: 515

Wait... $20M funding for an indie mmorpg of which almost 14M is equity?  But we were told by another competitor recently that nobody would listen to his sales pitch because he wouldnt put in lootboxes.  Strange... I don’t recall Crowfall having lootboxes. How could they have raised so much money without lootboxes...

Seriously though... good milestone but personally I’m tired of talking about mmorpg funding.  I just want to play the damn game!

JamesGoblin
    Just passed my 1 month Harbinger anniversary!

pantaroYashaXJamesGoblin

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited January 2018

Crazy what a working alpha (or anything other than wordy promises) can achieve for funding, right? ;P

Call me a sucker, but I backed this game recently and can't wait to see what it becomes in the hopefully not-so-distant future.
    JamesGoblinMaxBacon
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    [Sarcasm]OMG Yay! Can't wait until 30 million and still no game![/Sarcasm]

JamesGoblinSovrathJemAs666
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • UngoodUngood Member LegendaryPosts: 7,532

I must have missed the announcement that Crowfall would not have "lootboxes" , and nothing against the tam or anything, but, it strikes me as the kind of game that would have them by the bucket full, as I would imagine they could lock everything from costumes, weapon skins, to architecture details and patterns behind lootboxes, and make a huge killing the same way GW2 hides weapon skins, and other cosmetics in their lootboxes.
    Egotism is the anesthetic that dullens the pain of stupidity, this is why when I try to beat my head against the stupidity of other people, I only hurt myself.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Torval said:
    OhhPaigey said:
    I'm seriously not expecting any of these crowd funded indie MMOs to get anywhere. Keeping my expectations low, maybe I'll be surprised by something one of these days.
    Same. I'm excited about a few of them, but I know they may not make it. Early versions of City of Steam were really cool, until at some point R2 games got a hold of it and changed almost everything about it. They ruined the game. It's closed now. 

If these games make it we probably won't even know what they're actually like until much closer to launch. Most of them are in Alpha and so much can and does change between that point and release.
    City of Steam... rip. City of Heroes... rip.
    [Deleted User]
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

no that could make sense.

Publishers looked at that game and realized that "just" based on what they saw they wouldn't get their money back let alone a profit. BUT if loot boxes were involved then they might get a better return.

Whereas, investors looked into Crowfall and felt they would get their money back and a profit "as is".

That's not beyond the pale.
    JamesGoblin
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Arkade99Arkade99 Member RarePosts: 538
    Ungood said:

I must have missed the announcement that Crowfall would not have "lootboxes" , and nothing against the tam or anything, but, it strikes me as the kind of game that would have them by the bucket full, as I would imagine they could lock everything from costumes, weapon skins, to architecture details and patterns behind lootboxes, and make a huge killing the same way GW2 hides weapon skins, and other cosmetics in their lootboxes.
    Since you don't seem to follow the game, I'd imagine there's lots of things you have missed about it. I suggest reading up on their business model and their plans for the game.
    FrykkaSlapshot1188JamesGoblin
    Arkade99 said:
    Ungood said:

Since you don't seem to follow the game, I'd imagine there's lots of things you have missed about it. I suggest reading up on their business model and their plans for the game.
    Good advice. 
    JamesGoblin

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    cash flow is always good
    JamesGoblin

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094
    Congratulations.

Hope you guys find the time to work on Farming and Fishing like you said in one of your Q&As, as that would bring a lot of my friends in.  That's all they do in MMOs that have it.  Along with RP and PvP. 

I also have a lot of farmland parcels, so it will give them an additional use. 
    JamesGoblin
    Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.