Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a fun and challenging MMORPG.

akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615
As I stated in the title I am looking for a fun and challenging MMORPG. It must be purely PvE with dungeons and end game content. I do not mind if it is SciFi, Fantasy, or anything else. 
My Specs are(No comments on prices please):
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8 Core 4.0
RAM: 32Gbs
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 2Gbs
Primary Hard Drive: 1Tbs SSD
Secondary Hard Drive: 4Tbs HDD
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Games I have played so far: Asheron's Call 1 & 2, Everquest 1 & 2, Lineage 2, Aion, Blade and Soul, Wildstar, World of Warcraft, Tabula Rasa, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars the Old Republic, Warframe, Destiny 2, Marvel Heroes Online, DCUO, Champions Online, LOTRO, DDO, Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, EVE Online, The Division.

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Like sooooooo many you missed the boat on the hay days of FFXI.It is however still going and is pretty much relegated to mostly end game and is VERY hard.

I am not going to go into detail as to why i stopped playing but i don't like end game nor do i like games that force you to have certain tiers of gear to play the next content,i prefer the class/abilities and thinking of the player to take care of that,the way FFXI was for many years.

FUN is a very subjective term,what i have seen is more like "compete" or "racing" or "bragging among gamer's than actually having FUN.Then i see stuff in for example Twitch,a group of people dedicated to nothing but speed runs,i don't call gaming fun if i feel a need to RACE through content.
    Where else FFXI shines is that you don't need to form raids to have a challenge,there are normal open world mobs that can and will wipe your entire party if your not very careful and knowledgeable,because FFXI has systems other games do NOT,like feeding TP using one example which allows mobs to unleash powerful attacks.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• dougha1dougha1 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Believe it or not, the first Guild Wars might work for you.  Yes I know it came out in 2004 or so. :p

This forum is broken. It is time to move to proboards, because they're broken.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    ESO I'm thinking....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    edited January 2018
    Fun, challenging, purely PvE, dungeons and endgame grind - and also not on the very long list posted... :smiley:  AoC on Crom, the PvE server?

Not exactly a fresh one (like the aforementioned GW and FF 11), but challenge is not something you can find in recent games, or in older games still getting updates aimed for the new gamers. AoC on the other hand was left behind years ago, so it successfully avoided the "dumbification" fad of the recent times.
    Sure, it has side-effects on the other end as well, with unpatched, broken classes and way too OP classes, but since you don't care about pvp, you can ignore those so-called balance issues. (the holy "Balance" is just a myth for pvp folks anyways :smiley: )

Give it a try, it's a really fun game. They said there will be a new, timed server soon, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it... it's Funcom, and a whole warehouse could be filled with their undelivered promises.

edit: damn you Funcom, I look away for a day and you make a fool out of me :wink:
    so, for the breath holding part: http://www.ageofconan.com/news/introducing_saga_of_zath   missed the news piece yesterday... drop it to Suzie as well.
    Post edited by Po_gg on