Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Trial Period Begins & Will Run Through January 24th - DarkFall: New Dawn - MMORPG.com

2»

Comments

• ScellowScellow Member RarePosts: 398
    Game idea is perfect, but their engine is shit, they should rewrite it from scratch and comply with modern standards, no need for high end graphics, just something fresh
  • ubermutubermut Member UncommonPosts: 272
    edited January 2018
    they fixed a ton of the engines code (there is no delay between spell casts and many other things to increase fps for large scale sieges).  It's a pretty impressive engine considering no other fantasy mmo type game has large scale fps combat in a non-instanced giant game world and it's like 10 years old.
    Undepth
  • viper1987viper1987 Member UncommonPosts: 20
    the problem with these old games being resurrected is the advantage of knowledge veterans have
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    viper1987 said:
    the problem with these old games being resurrected is the advantage of knowledge veterans have
    It's not really a hard game to get into.
    edited January 2018
    plus with the dramatic changes they've been making all the vets have been bitching and moaning in discord and on forums.  They want their super complicated 200 binding automacro game and it's changing to be a more mainstream (specialized classes less skills to deal with) type of game.
    Undepth
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    free trial is always good to try.... spending few hours inside atm and meet only one other character...
    dont want to do as steam 2h players to say if it's good or not, lot of nice things to do but if it lacks of ppl, that make me stop :)
    SomeHuman
  • mmrvmmrv Member RarePosts: 305

JemAs666 said:

SBFord said:

Avanah said:

Just installed it. Played it for 10 mins, Uninstalled it. Pure garbage.

MMORPG.COM...you are way better than that.

Tiller said:

Avanah said:

...are they really?

You see, here is the ugly specter of snarky commentary once again rearing its unattractive head yet again. On the one hand, we are castigated for...writing a news piece about an MMO that you happened not to like @Avanah? Somehow that's OUR fault? Do we need to put a standard warning label on all of our news and features saying that a game might not be for everyone? * facepalms *

On the other, a snarky slap in the face at our integrity @Tiller? Really? Then why are you here?

Some days the level of posting on these forums is beyond comprehension. :hushed:

You guys could have a story on how you are giving everyone on the site $20,000.00 and people would still come bitching saying stupid shit. Some people just bitch all the time no matter what the story.

Oh come on, if we are expected to endure Bill murphy's snarky vile comments about not being able to utter "columbus's name" certainly Suzie can manage to accept some warranted criticism about pushing a not A not B not C but D grade title without even a shred of warnings about the quality of this game.

This website does hold some burden of responsibility on the content they push. Sorry maybe not all but many of the gaming community are getting sick and tired of being taken advantage of by abysmal business practices of these game development companies. Sites like this drive us to these products profiteering from our patronage and they should be far more fair and transparent about these products serving as advocates for their viewers instead of participating in the shell game of blowing smoke up the dev's arses to get future sponsoring and access to information.

I mean 2 stories down they cherry coat the closing of devillian, 2 months before that is was MArvel heroes...and oh boo hoo to anyone who invested hundreds of dollars to support the product because some cheap ass company like trion cant manage to simply leave the power button on the server for those who do enjoy it, and xxxx time from now when this heap of crap closes down it is the customer who yet again will be magically out of their hard earned money they invested to play the game.

If you cant handle criticism get out of the criticism business, Suzie is certainly comfortable criticizing others and the products she reviews heaven forbid the people who allow her to make money from this website pass some back onto her.
    edited January 2018
    hyllyh said:
    free trial is always good to try.... spending few hours inside atm and meet only one other character...
    dont want to do as steam 2h players to say if it's good or not, lot of nice things to do but if it lacks of ppl, that make me stop :)
    I hear ya, but the non trial people have been playing a beta with an impending wipe for 1.5 years and we're pretty tired of grinding for a wipe in 5 days.  IMO they should have done free trial post launch when markets would be in full force along with population.  But with a real economy and stuff that would prob mess things up a bit
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

Jamar870 said:

So mostly or exclusively PvP? Ok. Pass, in PvP I spend too much time taking dirt naps( ie I suck at PvP). I am looking for to hear from those who enjoy PvP what they think of the game.

I plan on playing this version for the character building and pve. PvP focused games tend to have the worst of everything boring and only the occasional rare instance of pvp, so if the character building and pve aspects stink, you have a really boring game for most people most of the time. Unless it is a MOBA type game, but those hold no interest for me. I like the old-school type games where everything is included, and a game doesn't remove everything to focus on one thing.

The changes they made plus up all the areas of DF I thought were awful, like character building and pve so you may want to try it for free while you can.
  • blamo2000blamo2000 Member RarePosts: 1,130

mmrv said:

JemAs666 said:

SBFord said:

Avanah said:

Tiller said:

Avanah said:

...are they really?

You see, here is the ugly specter of snarky commentary once again rearing its unattractive head yet again. On the one hand, we are castigated for...writing a news piece about an MMO that you happened not to like @Avanah? Somehow that's OUR fault? Do we need to put a standard warning label on all of our news and features saying that a game might not be for everyone? * facepalms *

On the other, a snarky slap in the face at our integrity @Tiller? Really? Then why are you here?

Some days the level of posting on these forums is beyond comprehension. :hushed:

You guys could have a story on how you are giving everyone on the site $20,000.00 and people would still come bitching saying stupid shit. Some people just bitch all the time no matter what the story.

Oh come on, if we are expected to endure Bill murphy's snarky vile comments about not being able to utter "columbus's name" certainly Suzie can manage to accept some warranted criticism about pushing a not A not B not C but D grade title without even a shred of warnings about the quality of this game.

If it wasn't for not tier A level games this would be a exclusively kid's game site and most of us here for mmorpg news would have no reason to check in on what's going on.

• NiburuNiburu Member UncommonPosts: 402
    This game is based around many types of playstyles. Titles define your role and if you want to craft you need to give up on a few % DMG in PvP. Every PvPer will choose the DMG while real crafters will specialize in Crafting and choose maybe 1-2 titles for PvE and the other 4-5 for crafting/harvesting.

The open world PvP gives a feeling of danger and makes PvE more interesting. Hoewever you need to be ok with losing a few hours worth of stuff if you are willing to risk.

This game has nearly nothing to do with the original darkfall or its other version. Simple because of local banking and no teleporting alone.