Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Breaking: NCsoft Trademarks City of Heroes 2 - City of Heroes - MMORPG.com

MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageBreaking: NCsoft Trademarks City of Heroes 2 - City of Heroes - MMORPG.com

City of Heroes News - Superannuation an "information-sleuthing" website has uncovered a number of interesting new trademarks, including what appears to be not one, but two trademarks filed by NCsoft for "City of Heroes 2."

Read the full story here

Comments

• hallucigenocidehallucigenocide Member RarePosts: 1,015
    what did i just read? O.o
    PhryAeanderJeffSpicolisschrupp

I had fun once, it was terrible.

• ArdynArdyn Member UncommonPosts: 9

Something that made me wonder what pertinent bit of information that gibberish just erased from memory.

I, for one, would love to see a new superhero MMO.
    PhryAeandersschrupp
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Maybe this is the reason why they just announced that Wildstar will stay for now.
    They want to invoke a bit of trust in the gamers again.

Well let's see how that goes.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    So almost 8 years for this news piece on possible CoH2 and only just getting commented on lol.

People around here seem to think this game has a huge following but this kinda tells something doesn't it? An expansion release and next iteration rumour and no one was interested at the time.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    You do know. That CITY OF HEROES is the #1 Super Hero Comic Book MMORPG. I know President Obama is far the worst president of the USA in history. Its a racist hate against South Korea. NCSOFT is a South Korea MMORPG publisher. Going to South Korea for publisher is the worst mistake. Now its 1/17/2018 I am not the only one with this pain. Every hard core CITY O HEROES FANS LOST THERE HOME AT PARAGON CITY. This Paragon Chat thing that is a broken clone to CITY OF HEROES do no justice. For President Donald Trump. I agree to his Theme. That is MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! CITY OF HEROES IS MADE IN USA. AMERICA NEEDS CITY OF HEROES! GUILD WARS II is a joke. CITY OF HEROES NEEDS A NEW PUBLISHER. NO NC SOFT AND NOT COHTITAN NETWORK NOT COH REVIVAL. I AM MAD AS HELL AGAINST CRYPTIC STUDIOS. There job is to help us. CRYPIC STUDIOS JOB IS TO TELL NCSOFT OK FINE DONY WANT IT AND TAKE COH BACK. CRYPIC STUDIOS do have a billing system of there own. THEY LET US TO DRY AGAIN! now that is 2018 lets start talking about it. and start taking action to get CITY OF HEROES back to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. WE GOT HARD CORE CITY OF HEROES FANS TO TAKE CARE OF. If your people hate me for being this up. Fine. I can take the heat. However what USA that needs CITY OF HEROES.
    I never thought I would read President Obama and City of Heroes in one statement. 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    I believe they were having an aneurism as they typed that.
    Blaze_Rocker
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Your username checks out for his post.
    Blaze_Rocker
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370

I was just about to say "Holy thread-necro, Batman" but then I noticed that it wasn't a necro from 2010 when NCsoft last trademarked CoH 2. I haven't read the story but I can see only two possibilities from this second trademark.

1. NCsoft is finally looking into making CoH 2, like they should have done back in 2010.

2. They are just securing the trademark to make sure no one else gets it and they don't give a damn about the players that want a new CoH.

Knowing NCsoft's track-record, I tend to think it's the second one.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059

I was just about to say "Holy thread-necro, Batman" but then I noticed that it wasn't a necro from 2010 when NCsoft last trademarked CoH 2. I haven't read the story but I can see only two possibilities from this second trademark.

1. NCsoft is finally looking into making CoH 2, like they should have done back in 2010.

2. They are just securing the trademark to make sure no one else gets it and they don't give a damn about the players that want a new CoH.

It is from 2010. There's some weirdness with the site where old articles get pushed to the current date. If you click "Read the full story here" you'll see it's dated 2010.
  • Blaze_RockerBlaze_Rocker Member UncommonPosts: 370
    Forgrimm said:

It is from 2010. There's some weirdness with the site where old articles get pushed to the current date. If you click "Read the full story here" you'll see it's dated 2010.

Ah hah. Now I see.

I'm starting to suspect that savecityofheroes1 may be responsible for this somehow, mainly because their profile was created three minutes before that post went up. Either the site has been hacked or we're all being trolled.

I've got a feevah, and the only prescription... is more cowbell.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    edited January 2018

You do know. That CITY OF HEROES is the #1 Super Hero Comic Book MMORPG. I know President Obama is far the worst president of the USA in history. Its a racist hate against South Korea. NCSOFT is a South Korea MMORPG publisher. Going to South Korea for publisher is the worst mistake. Now its 1/17/2018 I am not the only one with this pain. Every hard core CITY O HEROES FANS LOST THERE HOME AT PARAGON CITY. This Paragon Chat thing that is a broken clone to CITY OF HEROES do no justice. For President Donald Trump. I agree to his Theme. That is MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! CITY OF HEROES IS MADE IN USA. AMERICA NEEDS CITY OF HEROES! GUILD WARS II is a joke. CITY OF HEROES NEEDS A NEW PUBLISHER. NO NC SOFT AND NOT COHTITAN NETWORK NOT COH REVIVAL. I AM MAD AS HELL AGAINST CRYPTIC STUDIOS. There job is to help us. CRYPIC STUDIOS JOB IS TO TELL NCSOFT OK FINE DONY WANT IT AND TAKE COH BACK. CRYPIC STUDIOS do have a billing system of there own. THEY LET US TO DRY AGAIN! now that is 2018 lets start talking about it. and start taking action to get CITY OF HEROES back to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. WE GOT HARD CORE CITY OF HEROES FANS TO TAKE CARE OF. If your people hate me for being this up. Fine. I can take the heat. However what USA that needs CITY OF HEROES.

Dakeru
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    "Posted by Michael Bitton on Apr 06, 2010"

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    A Good super hero MMO would be refreshing
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

This discussion has been closed.