Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stash is Prepping Players Throughout January for Tier 4's Content - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageStash is Prepping Players Throughout January for Tier 4's Content - MMORPG.com News

Stash will be upgrading to Tier 4 soon. It brings with it a wealth of new content including new zones, dungeons, bosses, class abilities, loot, increased player levels and more. To get players prepped for the content drop, the balance of January is filled with Bonus XP events every weekend as well as significant rewards to be handed out for reaching leveling milestones.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Terribly uninspired game , with an unintuitive UI, clunky combat that has the tactical depth of checkers ...
    Boltonsquad
  • BelkraBelkra Member CommonPosts: 2
    Totally excited for the new content. It has been a real treat watching this game grow from where it was in the early alpha stages and actually being able to participate with it since the last Alpha and through the Beta and Early Access periods. It only has room to get better from here.
  • beanticusrexbeanticusrex Member CommonPosts: 1
    I find this is a wonderful game with a great community of helpful players and devs. The turn based combat is great for players like me who want to take a bit of time to figure out what the next move is, and despite wanting to take my time, I never find myself out of mobs to grind. The fully customizable "home base" element and crafting is great also for when I'm just not feeling in the mood for grinding, so I really can spend all day just playing this game!
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Image result for spider senses
    pantaroForgrimm[Deleted User]Murmaiderclaytondora[Deleted User]Slapshot1188
  • UggieUggie Member CommonPosts: 1
    Big fan of this game after giving it a try. Typically not my style, but I was drawn in and haven’t been able to put it down. I really appreciate the slower pace of combat, and how in-depth the crafting system is. Well done!
    [Deleted User]Slapshot1188
  • BrekenBreken Member CommonPosts: 1
    I've put more hours into this game than I would care to admit. While it can appear simple on the surface, a deep dive into the mechanics is complex enough to satisfy any min-maxer. The true killer feature of this game however, isn't the tabletop RPG style, the deep crafting system, or the deep and immersive housing system, but the fact that the developers are intimately involved, every day. They listen to player feedback, and often make changes that are requested and well reasoned by the player-base. The game is truly a labor of love, and the community (with the dev interaction and support) is very rare to find. Come for the style, gameplay and loot.. stay for the community.
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    So like... is the gameplay still the same strategy genre as Fire Emblem or Final Fantasy Tactics except you only control one character?  Or has that changed?

Even Wakfu eventually realized that controlling only one character in a strategy game sucks.  Oh well.
  • ajloweajlowe Member CommonPosts: 1
    Stash is a near perfect modern interpretation of a classic turn based mud. It manages to keep all of the best features of the classic genre and integrate a modern ui and wonderfully stylized modern graphics. What I love about Stash is the community of players combined with the immersive and constantly evolving story line created by the devs. I found the leveling and newness / exploration aspect to be just enough to keep me hooked until I found a role in the community and began to focus on character development. Stash is a particular type of game. You shouldn't confuse it with an rts or fps, but if you are like old muds, immersion, or role play then this is the game for you.
  • helloouttherehellooutthere Member CommonPosts: 1
    Great game that manages to balance and merge several different styles of gameplay. I like how you can log in and do basically whatever fits your schedule/mood. If you want to game seriously, you can join up with others and go on a dungeon crawl. If you're working on something else, you can just log in to chat or explore around and leisurely work on your crafting.

Also, the turn-based combat is fun. If I'm going it alone, I like to try to puzzle out how to end a fight in as few turns as possible while taking as little damage as possible. Coordinating with a party increases the tactical possibilities. Definitely give it a try if you're looking for a fun community in one of the most unique games to come out recently.
    Slapshot1188
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Wot's this, precious?  Wot's this???

• MuckbeastMuckbeast Member UncommonPosts: 44
    See you all in game. This weekend is going to be a blast! :)
  • FunBobFunBob Member CommonPosts: 1
    edited January 2018
    Fun to see the new content coming, and I really enjoy that the Devs play the game too and experience what we do. I never feel like I have to stay logged in for a long time to accomplish something, but I certainly can if I get on a Jag. The Upcoming "hang" with the developers should also be a lot of fun. I have always enjoyed turn based games as a fun change of pace and this fits the bill for me. Even if it is not your main, always nice to have some fun alts to mix things up a bit. Actually just signed up here tonight so I could post my support and enjoyment of a niche, but very fun game if it is in your wheelhouse.
    edited January 2018
    So many 1-post Stash players here and none of them answered my question!

So I'll take that as a "No" then.  So the game is probably still terrible.
    Psym0n
    edited January 2018

Tiamat64 said:

Re-read your post and tell me if that sounds like the tone of someone who sounds open minded and is asking a question in good faith.

That's why I didn't answer it and I'd imagine it is why other folks ignored it too.

Like most MMOs, you control 1 character at a time in Stash. Have a great weekend!
    [Deleted User]cjmarsh
    edited January 2018
    Muckbeast said:

Tiamat64 said:

Re-read your post and tell me if that sounds like the tone of someone who sounds open minded and is asking a question in good faith.

That's why I didn't answer it and I'd imagine it is why other folks ignored it too.

Like most MMOs, you control 1 character at a time in Stash. Have a great weekend!
    You are not a one-post person.  Can you not read?

Although I suppose you're pretty darn close to one.
  • claytondoraclaytondora Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Keep on shilling you beautiful sock puppets, shill till you get all the scheckles!
  • SagethornSagethorn Member UncommonPosts: 57
    agreed .. if a game needs to stoop to the new account to positively upvote or make it sound great with fake reviews its not worth the effort.
  • kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,910
    Wakfu sorry to say is a better alternative.

• bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Game is cool to get together with some friends and do some old-school table top style gaming...I found the age cutoff to be about 30 in my group....anyone under that just wasn't interested, to say the least.

Needs a ton more content and strategy....guess that's all coming soon so we will see....
  • bobbymcswansonbobbymcswanson Member UncommonPosts: 204
    Also not sure why people have a problem with players seeing the article on their forum or Reddit, and then coming to tell us why we should check it out....take it with a grain of salt if you will, but no harm in someone throwing in their two cents.

I'd rather hear from the one post people than the jerk here with 1k plus posts being a tool to everyone he talks to...so yeah...there is that.
    BillMurphyLiljnacjmarsh
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Tiamat64 said:

No need to be an asshat.
    BillMurphy
    Also not sure why people have a problem with players seeing the article on their forum or Reddit, and then coming to tell us why we should check it out....take it with a grain of salt if you will, but no harm in someone throwing in their two cents.

I'd rather hear from the one post people than the jerk here with 1k plus posts being a tool to everyone he talks to...so yeah...there is that.

shaddy33 said:
    Tiamat64 said:

No need to be an asshat.

A game where everyone needs to rush over from their reddit and register just to make one post about how great it is after an article has been posted about it is a sign of desperation.   Villainizing and using me as your straw man in attempt to deflect that isn't going to change things when every other veteran poster here clearly sees it as well.  (Attempt to) Strike me down  with your pointless personal attacks and you still have everyone else here who can actually see things for what they are, as shown by the replies of everyone else here who isn't just "coming over from reddit" (suuuuuure, yes, that's what they're doing)
  • ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Tiamat64 said:

shaddy33 said:
    Tiamat64 said:

No need to be an asshat.

A game where everyone needs to rush over from their reddit and register just to make one post about how great it is after an article has been posted about it is a sign of desperation.   Villainizing and using me as your straw man in attempt to deflect that isn't going to change things when every other veteran poster here clearly sees it as well.  (Attempt to) Strike me down  with your pointless personal attacks and you still have everyone else here who can actually see things for what they are, as shown by the replies of everyone else here who isn't just "coming over from reddit" (suuuuuure, yes, that's what they're doing)
    Simmer down now. I don't have a horse in this race with this game. I've never even heard of it. I'm just saying that there was no reason for you to get sassy at him at the end of you response to him. His post history shouldn't matter. As for the other people, don't know much about them coming from reddit or whatever. I'm just saying there isn't any reason to get sideways at people when they weren't being nasty at you.
  • DranmarthDranmarth Member UncommonPosts: 57
    Not a horrible game, but interacting with the devs can be like having your teeth pulled.

That said, Wakfu is a better choice for gameplay, just save yourself some time and go there instead. Or hope that someday Squeenix puts FFT on pc, either way is fine.

Game is cool to get together with some friends and do some old-school table top style gaming...I found the age cutoff to be about 30 in my group....anyone under that just wasn't interested, to say the least.

Needs a ton more content and strategy....guess that's all coming soon so we will see....

Well, I know we have at least one 9 year old player as well. And she had no trouble figuring out how to play the game as well.

And yes, development continues rapidly with updates every 1-2 weeks.

Glad you enjoyed the game. :)
    [Deleted User]