Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Faction Rallies Kick Off, Set to Run Through January 23rd - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

imageFaction Rallies Kick Off, Set to Run Through January 23rd - Destiny 2 - MMORPG.com

Destiny 2 News - The latest round of Faction Rallies has kicked off in Destiny 2, this time running through January 23rd. Players will be able to pledge loyalty to the faction of choice to earn some pretty sweet looking armor ornaments from the Future War Cult, New Monarchy, or Dead Orbit. Players can also see the winning faction able to purchase a weapon for a price based on the pledge made.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited January 2018
    Article fails to mention that token rewards for this event have been throttled (much like EXP in the past). You can now only receive 3 tokens/10 minutes now, when you then receive a 10 minute cooldown before receiving the next.

Bungie did not disclose this change until after the players noticed it ... Again.

There was an exploit previously that allowed people to receive up to 500/hour, however, instead of fixing the exploit, they chose to put an artificial cap on rewards without disclosing the change (initially).
    AlomarMaxBacon
  • AlexanderVendiAlexanderVendi Member UncommonPosts: 375
    The expansion should be in the base game .. i bought this game 2 days ago and i am already locked behind expansion buy... the game is good but yeah , expansion should of been added to base game.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,839
    And with them, yet another controversy.

I remember a time when Bungie deserved admiration. That seems like when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.
    Alomar
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:

I remember a time when Bungie deserved admiration. That seems like when dinosaurs still roamed the earth.
    People generate controversy anytime a developer makes a move they don't like.

Is the the outlandish direction of the GW2 cash shop a controversy or is it that some players don't like how tawdry it's become. Is that controversial? Not really.

Adjusting drop rates isn't controversial unless you don't like how they've been adjusted.
    I suppose this is fair enough. Personally, I do not care about this change. It's mishandled. It's an example of using a sledgehammer when a scalpel would be more appropriate. But it doesn't seem especially egregious as far as controversies go.

Chances are, no one would have said a thing if this hadn't come off the back of more egregious controversies on Bungie's part (like the hidden xp throttling, insultingly doubling the level xp when removing the throtting system, and the barebones expansion).
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    edited January 2018
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:

Is the the outlandish direction of the GW2 cash shop a controversy or is it that some players don't like how tawdry it's become. Is that controversial? Not really.

Adjusting drop rates isn't controversial unless you don't like how they've been adjusted.
    I suppose this is fair enough. Personally, I do not care about this change. It's mishandled. It's an example of using a sledgehammer when a scalpel would be more appropriate. But it doesn't seem especially egregious as far as controversies go.

Chances are, no one would have said a thing if this hadn't come off the back of more egregious controversies on Bungie's part (like the hidden xp throttling, insultingly doubling the level xp when removing the throtting system, and the barebones expansion).
    How is it mishandled? How is it an example of a sledgehammer and what is the scalpel fix? They capped rewards.

Are you saying that even though you acknowledge there isn't really a controversy here that they deserve a bunch of mud-sling and shit because of a grudge.
    It has less to do with the change itself and more to do with Bungie's "ninja" patching the change into the game, much like they did with EXP changes. They did not report the change in the patch notes, and only admitted it once players discovered it.

This comes at a time when, a little more than a month ago, Bungie was caught throttling EXP gains without notifying the community, only admitting to it and revering the changes once the community noticed ... Only to double-down and implement a change that effectively did the same thing.

After the debacle, Bungie had this to say about player-developer relations: "We’ve also been reading some tough criticism about our lack of communication, and we agree we need to be more open. ... We know it’s frustrating when there isn’t enough of a dialog with the development team. You have our commitment that we’re going to do a better job going forward."

So, its a bit underhanded to attempt the same exact thing a month later, hoping the community wouldn't notice.
    Post edited by EponyxDamor on
    MaxBacon
    edited January 2018
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:
    Torval said:
    Aeander said:

How is it mishandled? How is it an example of a sledgehammer and what is the scalpel fix? They capped rewards.

Are you saying that even though you acknowledge there isn't really a controversy here that they deserve a bunch of mud-sling and shit because of a grudge.
    Because capping an entire reward system in order to fix a single exploit is not a delicate method for handling the situation. 

Also, a grudge? Really? Your straw man of an argument is a pointless reduction of a valid critique. Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it. A company's entire recent history is worthy of consideration with any controversy.

And I find the idea that Bungie is being mistreated to be laughable. Bungie was the golden boy. The chosen one. They were one of the few companies in this industry that can get away with essentially anything. Which they did. Repeatedly. Because everyone wants to love the company that singlehandedly made the XBox brand a household name. No, the community outrage isn't anti-Bungie bias. It's a deserved (and even reluctant) gradual boil following years of mostly subpar expansions (with the exception of the Taken King) and months of controversies.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    jaxome
  • MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

Article fails to mention that token rewards for this event have been throttled (much like EXP in the past). You can now only receive 3 tokens/10 minutes now, when you then receive a 10 minute cooldown before receiving the next.

Bungie did not disclose this change until after the players noticed it ... Again.

There was an exploit previously that allowed people to receive up to 500/hour, however, instead of fixing the exploit, they chose to put an artificial cap on rewards without disclosing the change (initially).

Wrong, you only receive 3 tokens per 10 mins view lost sector. I get 8-10 per event on any planet. Plus 3 for named bosses with no limit. They limited the sectors, poorly mind you due to a glitch people exploited in the first factions letting them earn 500 or more tokens a hour. They also released a statement telling us they are going to find a different way to prevent exploiting instead of a timer.
    [Deleted User]

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!