Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Official Teaser Trailer

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2018 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery Official Teaser Trailer

MMORPG.com is the leading destination for MMORPG games, news and exclusive coverage of the MMO gaming space. Our free MMO games list and discussion forums are the best site for gamers in search of a gaming community.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    I can't wait for the port to the PC, this is the future folks.
    XarkoEverketPuReDusTAlomarinfomatz
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,511
    Nah..think ill skip on this one.
    Everket

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    edited January 2018
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek can't wait!

Potter was a massive step in the direction of young people and all kinds of personalities learning to be magical, I really love seeing wizards and sorcerers at their infancy not all at their grey haired long beard stage. If that alone isn't magical enough on top of all the actual magic I just don't know what to say heh.

Can't wait for the AR also that is going to be SO MUCH FUN!
    v_Ve
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    There aren't many good fantasy movies, Harry Potter film series is definitively one of them. Judge it for what it is, a fantasy world meant for the young generation. Pretty much what WoW is in the MMO space.

Besides ofc J.K. Rowling is nowhere near Tolkien, how can anyone even expect that. We'll likely never see a movie as good as Lotr trilogy ever again.
    AlomarOctagon7711infomatzRicardo5802Scot
  • ScottJeslisScottJeslis Member UncommonPosts: 355
    So this is different from the talked about "Pokemon Go"-like mobile game or this is in addition to?
  • AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Ugh, on one hand it's about time we got a decent Harry Potter game, on the other hand its for mobile so it's likely to be trash/p2w/littered with micro-transactions.
    Ricardo5802
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • AllerleirauhAllerleirauh Member UncommonPosts: 496

josko9 said:

J.K. Rowling is nowhere near Tolkien, how can anyone even expect that. We'll likely never see a movie as good as Lotr trilogy ever again.

This I can agree with.
    Currently Playing: Path of Exile

"I have found a desire within myself that no experience in this world can satisfy; the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." ~ C. S. Lewis
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    edited January 2018
    DMKano said:
    Never been a fan of potter.

Read the books they said (read the first 3)

Watch the movies they said (saw the first 3)

Still not a fan, zero appeal for me

/shrug
    My daughter was the right age when the books were first being published. That's how I got into them. They were above all else a children's and YA fantasy series. In that context, they were some of the best ever.

If I hadn't had a child at hand to read them with, I probably would have given them a pass too. :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163
    Another mobile game. Not a big deal since it's Harry Potter.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I would be interested if they put out a decent PC game and made it a decent MMO. Easier said than done, I know.
    Scot

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,952
    josko9 said:
    There aren't many good fantasy movies, Harry Potter film series is definitively one of them. Judge it for what it is, a fantasy world meant for the young generation. Pretty much what WoW is in the MMO space.

Besides ofc J.K. Rowling is nowhere near Tolkien, how can anyone even expect that. We'll likely never see a movie as good as Lotr trilogy ever again.

Proper fantasy is hardly seen in TV series or films, production costs are very high, but no doubt producers are concerned about the audience identifying with the characters. Where as, give someone a funky power and a "fantasy" feel, set it in the modern day and you have one of the largest genres in the media.
  • v_Vev_Ve Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Very excited!! I love the Harry Potter World and many others and myself have longed for a official game for it. This is gonna be big! X]

Witty & Wicked >:)