Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam Early Access Begins - Life is Feudal - MMORPG.com

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2018 in News & Features Discussion

Steam Early Access Begins - Life is Feudal - MMORPG.com

Life is Feudal News - Life is Feudal has arrived on Steam where it is considered in Early Access. The Steam version is the same client / build as the Open Beta. Players will be able to take part in all of the previously released content including GvG, building alliances and kingdoms, building homes / keeps and fortresses.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Post edited by SBFord on

Comments

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    I cringe so fckn hard when I hear "Early Access" these days ...
    RaquisPeskyLokeroqomaspeedylegs8
  • hyllyhhyllyh Member UncommonPosts: 477
    at least, only the screenshot dont lag or freeze :)
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318
    Stay far away from this game, clunky as hell.
    Everkettruewarlord
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    A fun game, don't stay away. I'm enjoying the heck out of it, despite some of the flaws.
    EverketSignex

I self identify as a monkey.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    edited January 2018
    cant say about the Steam server but i bought this game 3 weeks ago, been playing on Buyan(NA), and have been regretting it ever since. constant bugs and crashes and complete lack of support. game launcher wont launch the game half the time. when it does launch the game is riddled with shit that doesn't work, places where you get stuck, lag, nodeline lag between map tiles (servers), random UI that fucks up. Animal NPCs that get stuck . servers (map tiles) that go down randomly all the time and will either kick you, or won't let you log in....combat is clunky and inaccurate at best, and downright laughable at worst (mounted). and on top of this there is a HUGE grind for absolutely everything you do.

In addition, there is a substantial skill loss penalty when you die, which is removable if you pay a subscription. so basically if you want to pvp you have to subscribe or you will spend 80% of your time re-grinding skills every time you die.

Game might be ok if at least it ran well, but it doesn't. it's been out on Steam for less than a week and already more negative reviews than positive. no surprises there. just more early access trash (which has been out in the YO version by the way for over 2 years now) to waste your money on.
    truewarlordLokeroSignex
  • truewarlordtruewarlord Member UncommonPosts: 78
    edited January 2018
    Reviews are pretty clear, so many issues going on.

To start, you need to buy a DLC plus the game to be able to download it through Steam. I don't know, but IMO when an Early Access game forces the player base to buy a DLC just to be able to download the game, something is wrong. Conveniently wrong.

It gets worse when moderators start deleting topics with criticism in Steam forum. IDK i will pass.
    KooturSignex
  • PeskyPesky Member UncommonPosts: 157
    I was interested in this game, but the reviews are brutal. It looks like it's just another scam MMO out to milk as much money as it can from players before it shuts down.

I'll pass.
    Kootur
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Gather sticks and stones,build a home....game collects dust.These are low budget vaporware games,they toss them out into the market a dime a dozen because they cost so little to make,literally no risk or a very low risk.
    KooturSignex

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    My goodness the reviews .
    Chamber of Chains
  • KooturKootur Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Is there a way to transfer my copy to steam with all the benefits?
    Wizardry said:
    Gather sticks and stones,build a home....game collects dust.These are low budget vaporware games,they toss them out into the market a dime a dozen because they cost so little to make,literally no risk or a very low risk.
    Yeah sadly I agree. Just like all the "survival" games that have been made and never finished. I mean days is still in alpha after almost 4 years.
    I also wonder if this isn't another Russia money scam used to laundry money for political and Psy ops in this country.
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    I bought into this on Steam years ago when there was no different versions or whatever. What does that get me today?
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    I bought into this on Steam years ago when there was no different versions or whatever. What does that get me today?
    Vintage buyer's remorse?

;)
    NildenSiugConstantineMerusYashaX

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    Reviews are pretty clear, so many issues going on.

To start, you need to buy a DLC plus the game to be able to download it through Steam. I don't know, but IMO when an Early Access game forces the player base to buy a DLC just to be able to download the game, something is wrong. Conveniently wrong.

It gets worse when moderators start deleting topics with criticism in Steam forum. IDK i will pass.
    That is even worse if it is considered DLC on the store page. You can't refund DLC. That is actually pretty messed up if they are forcing you to buy the DLC to access it through steam just to avoid refunds. 
    Signex
  • NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    edited January 2018
    On the bright side I invented a great drinking game. Watch any random video on youtube or twitch and drink any time you see a progress bar.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• BruceYeeBruceYee Member EpicPosts: 2,556
    edited January 2018
    Developers shouldn't be allowed to delete threads on Steam forums imo just lock them.

Deleting threads just pisses people off more and makes them write harsher reviews.

If they can't voice their opinions on the forum which some people don't even go to they put it all into a scathing review which is permanent and something most people read.
    KyleranYashaX
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    $30 game price w/ $10 ticker per-character (not per slot) with a subscription and a cash shop ...

For an early access game ...

Hard pass.
    Nilden
  • ConstantineMerusConstantineMerus Member EpicPosts: 3,338
    Kyleran said:
    Vintage buyer's remorse?

;)
    Haha good one :smiley: 
    Constantine, The Console Poster

• "One of the most difficult tasks men can perform, however much others may despise it, is the invention of good games and it cannot be done by men out of touch with their instinctive selves." - Carl Jung