Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rift...now?

BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253
I played Rift at the beginning for around 2 years.  I really had a good time and enjoyed the friends that I made during that time.  Currently, I bounce back and forth between the old MMOs I used to have the time to play.  I'm older and much more casual due to RL but I was curious as to what Rift is like now.  Is it still populated, relevant and full of somewhat decent people and guilds?  Is it still fun- PVP and PVE?  Tempted to download again...after many years.

Comments

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    I play it from time to time and aside from new shiny things to buy it's about the same.  I always see other players.  I don't PvP in that game so can't help there with an answer in that.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• BACONXBACONX Member UncommonPosts: 253
    its free, why not D/L ?

Well, I'm behind on expansions and a sub is probably beneficial to "character development"?  I mean they still offer a premium sub or is it all F2P?

Yep.  I was just on their website.  Classes don't behave the same way they used to eh? Obviously I would need to subscribe for the benefits.  Crafting, Auction house health and casual play still around?  Or due to the age is everyone clustered at the end game, raiding?
    I also worry about population.  I know that you can move around the shards but how low has it gotten?  Would hate to download all that data, sub, log in and find a ghost town.