Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Player's Choice 2017 - The Best Overall MMO - MMORPG.com

1234568»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 2,403
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    While ignoring the whole Destiny 2 isn't an MMO at all, there is also the controversy surrounding Destiny 2 and Bungles monetisation fiascos the xp throttling, lack of content, lack of a real game even being there, which has resulted in over 70% of the playerbase not even continuing past the first month.
    There was a time i would have voted for Eve Online, and imo it is still a really good game, but for me BDO has become the main game and likely to continue to be given the lack of competition it faces.
    I am kind of surprised to see Destiny 2 even in the list though, Bungle/Activision are about as rubbish a developer these days as Bioware/EA. :p
    The fact that you can, with a "straight face", take shots at Bungie concerning mechanics and monetization, and then sing the praises of BDO just shows the world of cognitive dissonance gamers live in now. Platitudes mister, that's all you have.

What is it about BDO's monetization model that makes you say that?
  • nicolino15nicolino15 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    Came back to Wildstar this year, and I'm having a blast. Voted FFXIV tho.

STFU n00b !

• DelphosDelphos Member UncommonPosts: 46
    FFXIV was very very easy choice to me, this has been by far the best mmorpg on the Market for the last few years.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 11,345
    Jan 25th, still can't see a result?

25 Agrees

You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy Inside? :P

• chiefarchonchiefarchon Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Games still don't unstand how to be different and creative yet. ah well...
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 12,475
    Scot said:
    Jan 25th, still can't see a result?
    Yeah what's the hold-up?

@BillMurphy @MikeB @Admin
    “Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED
  • NomadMorlockNomadMorlock Member UncommonPosts: 814
    Yea..came by to see who won.  No results ever posted?  @BillMurphy
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing EditorMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 4,555
    Coming shortly! Ben is on vacation, and he’s got to scrub the results. So it’ll be next week. 
    TorvalNomadMorlock

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• TorvalTorval Member LegendaryPosts: 19,151
    YashaX said:
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    While ignoring the whole Destiny 2 isn't an MMO at all, there is also the controversy surrounding Destiny 2 and Bungles monetisation fiascos the xp throttling, lack of content, lack of a real game even being there, which has resulted in over 70% of the playerbase not even continuing past the first month.
    There was a time i would have voted for Eve Online, and imo it is still a really good game, but for me BDO has become the main game and likely to continue to be given the lack of competition it faces.
    I am kind of surprised to see Destiny 2 even in the list though, Bungle/Activision are about as rubbish a developer these days as Bioware/EA. :p
    The fact that you can, with a "straight face", take shots at Bungie concerning mechanics and monetization, and then sing the praises of BDO just shows the world of cognitive dissonance gamers live in now. Platitudes mister, that's all you have.

What is it about BDO's monetization model that makes you say that?
    Because they approach to monetization is very similar. It would be like saying Blizzard is a shitty pub for their sub and cash shop, but I really love FF14. They're the same model. I hate when people trash a game because it's popular to do so. It's tawdry. I probably should have let it go, but you know how sometimes those things hit you.

I bought the BDO Travellers pack today since it's 50% off. I'm enjoying myself.
    take back the hobby: https://www.reddit.com/r/patientgamers/

traveller, interloper, anomaly
    ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ

Coming shortly! Ben is on vacation, and he’s got to scrub the results. So it’ll be next week. 

The poor bastard, but someone's gotta do it.
    JamesGoblin

25 Agrees

• Jean-Luc_PicardJean-Luc_Picard Member LegendaryPosts: 8,006
    Logical victory of ESO.
    Scotjosko9JamesGoblin
    "The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn in Star Wars.
    After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that nor does the ability to write.
    CPU: Core I7 9700k (4.90ghz) - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming - RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Savage DDR4 3000 - Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra - PSU: Antec TruePower New 750W - Storage: Kingston KC1000 NVMe 960gb SSD and 2x1TB WD Velociraptor HDDs (Raid 0) - Main display: Philips 40PUK6809 4K 3D TV - Second display: Philips 273v 27" gaming monitor - VR: Pimax 8K headset and Razer Hydra controllers - Soundcard: Sony STR-DH550 AV Receiver HDMI linked with the GPU and the TV, with Jamo S 426 HS 3 5.0 speakers and Pioneer S-21W subwoofer - OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bits.

Good to see how the real MMOs outvoted the pretenders, maybe co-op games should get their own list next year? Comparing like with like would not put them at such a disadvantage.

25 Agrees