Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta soon?

ChaosChestChaosChest FLMember UncommonPosts: 97
I just saw the "leak" video on reddit... today I also got an email from amazon saying my preorder for this game was available for download..... the page the link leads to is down/not working as of today.... Something must be coming soon.

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Paradise City, FLMember LegendaryPosts: 31,783
    Probably not, someone was either testing the distribution system and made a bad mistake or its part of an intentional hype building campaign.

There are no miracles in MMORPG development.

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LeiloniLeiloni PhiladelphiaMember RarePosts: 1,257
    edited January 2018
    Since I never got this email others got from Amazon, I'm leaning towards it being a mistake - maybe they cancelled the email distribution partway through once they realized what happened. Especially since it's still listed as a game here https://games.amazon.com/games. In regards to the sign up page being down, that could be that they were updating it and broke it in the process or something else. Only time will tell.
    Post edited by Leiloni on
  • SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News Manager The CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 31,350
    I received the email earlier today and it's a bit odd it happened in conjunction with the media leak. There's a good conversation going in this thread:

https://www.mmorpg.com/new-world/news/rumor-reddit-user-claims-to-have-leaked-the-first-new-world-footage-1000046957

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

edited January 2018
    Actually the more surprising news for me is this title has a preorder, or that anyone actually bought it.

There's an opportunity here, have to get together with @Slapshot1188, a harbinger's work is never done.

;)
    Post edited by Kyleran on
    pantaro

"I should run a marathon backwards. So I could see what second place look like" Royce da 5'9"

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing FO76 ATM.

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

SBFord said:
    I received the email earlier today and it's a bit odd it happened in conjunction with the media leak. There's a good conversation going in this thread:

https://www.mmorpg.com/new-world/news/rumor-reddit-user-claims-to-have-leaked-the-first-new-world-footage-1000046957

I double checked my email after seeing a comment on the New World reddit, and I received my email on December 13 - exactly one year after I pre-ordered the game. So it's not connected to the leak I don't think. Most likely just an automatic email that gets sent a year after your pre-order since they didn't have a date set. You can't even pre-order Crucible anymore - only get sent an email. So maybe just Amazon trying to stick to their own policies.
    Kyleran said:
    Actually the more surprising news for me is this title has a preorder, or that anyone actually bought it.

There's an opportunity here, have to get together with @Slapshot1188, a harbinger's work is never done.

;)
    Well it didn't cost anything. It was listed as $0, so pre-ordering was basically just signing up to get updates. Technically it's still listed as an open order on my account for $0, and I can cancel at any time.
    KyleranSBFord
  • TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,239
    I just got this email a bit ago.

• ElidienElidien Atlanta, GAMember RarePosts: 1,336
    I got the email as well. It may be some sort of account activation, behind the scenes thing. I doubt beta is any time  soon. 
    SBFord
    Leiloni said: 
    Kyleran said:

;)
    Well it didn't cost anything. It was listed as $0, so pre-ordering was basically just signing up to get updates. Technically it's still listed as an open order on my account for $0, and I can cancel at any time.
    Zero? NVM, opportunity lost..