Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do Nvidia 6800's still have problems with this game

TangogulfTangogulf Member UncommonPosts: 58

Hi;

Played the game when it first came out. Got fed up because of the stuttering issues with the a/m card. (which happened to be the card I bought to play the game as it was recommended by the developers). Has there been any fixes to these issues?

Comments

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424

Well what settings do you have the game on? Anyways any problems in the past would have been fixed by now :P

Chances are you were expecting you pc to handle the game on maxed out graphics when it cant?

Also the game needs like 2 gig of ram

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• TangogulfTangogulf Member UncommonPosts: 58

Actually its been so long since I played the game that I cannot remember the settings types in game, but it was somewhere along the line of extreme performance....still laggy. I have 1 gig of ram, so Im definitely coming up short on the ram issue.

The 6800 GT issue was a documented issue and I have seen from the official forums that its still out there. I was hoping for a comment from a person with a 6800 GT to see if there experiences have changed at all.

Thanks for the reply

• TortimerTortimer Member UncommonPosts: 113
    I use a Nvidia 6800 and haven't had any problems running EQ2.  I have only been playing a couple months.  So, I can't comment on the problems from before.  I haven't had any crashes, lag or glitches.  I only have 1 gig of Ram also.  I run everything about medium settings.  If there is a problem with EQ2 and 6800 cards I haven't seen it.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

i remember seeing in the eq2 tech forums that the latest nividia drivers fixxed most of the the stuttering problems geforce 6800 user were having.

• greenopelagreenopela Member Posts: 62
    The latest drivers do fix the problem..
  • TangogulfTangogulf Member UncommonPosts: 58

Ah great to hear its fixed. Perhaps I should think about heading back then. Thanks kindly all