Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What shoul di play in 2018 ?

2»

Comments

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    Oh, I guess Project Genom and Gorgonite are different games. I just looked up Project Gorgonite and 

https://www.google.com/search?q=gorgonite+mmo&oq=gorgonite+mmo&aqs=chrome..69i57.2599j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Looks like Gorgonite MMO is that Skyforge game or something. 

I'd definitely wait and see about Project Genom. Looks like it has WAY better promise. Skyforge is heavily pay to win and pretty bad MMO.
    what the hell is gorgonite ... and Project Gorgon is nothing remotley in even the smallest way like Skyforge... 

Why dont you at least take the time to read up on anything before you post ..

And im actually trying to help you here .. your constant posting that is not relative to the game/discussion , is not a good look bro ..
    Hyperpsycrow
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    Scorchien said:
    Oh, I guess Project Genom and Gorgonite are different games. I just looked up Project Gorgonite and 

https://www.google.com/search?q=gorgonite+mmo&oq=gorgonite+mmo&aqs=chrome..69i57.2599j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Looks like Gorgonite MMO is that Skyforge game or something. 

I'd definitely wait and see about Project Genom. Looks like it has WAY better promise. Skyforge is heavily pay to win and pretty bad MMO.
    what the hell is gorgonite ... and Project Gorgon is nothing remotley in even the smallest way like Skyforge... 

Why dont you at least take the time to read up on anything before you post ..

And im actually trying to help you here .. your constant posting that is not relative to the game/discussion , is not a good look bro ..

No albion is a game best played on a tablet..thats what all the youtubers says in the reviews.

And this gorgonite game..is it ready to play..released ?
    It looks realy bad if i must say..but maybe it has good game play value..im open for it :D
    DarkestOverloard said "Gorgonite" game. That is what I was talking about. I looked it up and Google showed up results for Skyforge and most of the screenshots for Gorgonite are for Skyforge. Maybe Skyforge is Gorgonite in a different language or something...either way, its pretty pay to win and pretty bad.
    Hyperpsycrow

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

I guess Gorgonite is something involving Skyforge. From what I could tell, its some weird translation of Skyforge and its translated to Gorgonite. I dunno, but I couldn't find much on google. Only search that comes up Gorgonite is for Skyrforge as the top search and image results. Maybe its a boss or something I dunno.

Genom is a sci-fi MMO, don't need to talk about it again.

Gorgon is some java based MMO, but has pretty awesome features and content to make it unique. Doesn't look nearly as good as Runescape currently does, but looks like it could be a lot more fun.

I guess Gorgon is like a modern Asheron's Call since its from the original AC makers. Which is awesome, since Asheron's Call was my first MMO I ever played.

Scorchien do you know how Gorgon performs? I don't mind terrible graphics if game is good and performs well. Especially if its from the original makers of Asheron's Call, that game was awesome. Like EQ2 is a ton of fun but wow is the game not optimized at all lol. Is Gorgon pretty stable in regards to lag/performance?

And I think where I got confused is Gorgon is supposed to launch on Steam and its been like 1+ year since then or at least several months and I assumed it already launched, so I got it confused with Genom lol. 
    Hyperpsycrow

ive had no performance issues , except when they did they bigger graphic update 10 montgs ago .. otherwise its smooth

Scorchien said:
    ive had no performance issues , except when they did they bigger graphic update 10 montgs ago .. otherwise its smooth

awesome :) thanks. Sorry for getting the games mixed up. I legit got mixed up with Genom/Gorgon. A kinda similar name and I knew Gorgon was going on Steam. Then I saw genom recently released on steam and forgot it was Gorgon xD

Anyway...I have site bookmarked, so after I get back from camping gonna get GORGON (:P) downloaded and try it out.

Any tips or anything or is it a game better to discover on your own like the good old days?
    Hyperpsycrow

Scorchien said:

awesome :) thanks. Sorry for getting the games mixed up. I legit got mixed up with Genom/Gorgon. A kinda similar name and I knew Gorgon was going on Steam. Then I saw genom recently released on steam and forgot it was Gorgon xD

Anyway...I have site bookmarked, so after I get back from camping gonna get GORGON (:P) downloaded and try it out.

Any tips or anything or is it a game better to discover on your own like the good old days?
    NP...................... best advice i can give is read everything , particularly early on in the tutorial cave and when you enter the first town ..there is a lot of learning there ... But yes take yer time there is an incredible depth to it at this point as you can see by the skills last .. Many crafting skills grant combat skills or enhance them .. you are free to build and experiment/discover as you wish..There is an incredible number of interesting and viable ways to build ...

Always log off doing a lesson with an NPC like (Eve)

Carefully read when you speak to NPCs learn there likes and dislikes , to earn favor which unlocks , many things .. Skills/Recipes/Quests  etc...

The community is very helpful dont hesitate to ask ...

The Wiki i linked as great info .........................

`
    TheScavenger
    edited January 2018
    So I glanced at wiki, but decided to figure it out myself and be surprised like how I did MMOs of old.

Here is my first hour of play...didn't play too long but its kinda getting late

Needed to make an NPC happy. Was pretty confused. Tried various emote commands /joke or /silly but I guess game doesn't have that.

Knew game was about exploration, so I just took off and looked at everything and interacted with most stuff I could.

Found a way to tame rats (I figured it on my own. Was pretty simple really). Found how to make NPC happy and also learned you can sleep and eat stuff for helpful bonuses.

Guess one NPC likes certain objects...so gave her some objects and she likes me a bit more lol. Good thing I picked stuff up. Dunno what that did though to make NPC like me more, but hey. It did give me a tutorial window about it and I read it, but the NPC seemed the same still. But maybe I need to talk to her more when I play again.

I know in the post above

"Carefully read when you speak to NPCs learn there likes and dislikes , to earn favor which unlocks , many things .. Skills/Recipes/Quests  etc..."

So maybe I missed an option since I was ending the game so was kinda going fast. In any case, I'll check that part out more tomorrow.

Think there is like 2 or 3  puzzles left to do to figure out besides the way off the island which I know how pretty much, but want to explore first.

Coming from modern MMOs where you can autopilot to quest objective, do quest, autopilot back to NPC...all with your brain turned off...it was very different going in and not knowing anything or how to do quests or anything else.

Really made me think how to do things and actually explore and figure it out.

I haven't found any spells yet though or any weapon besides my fists and my sword/shield...I saw someone with a spell, so gotta look and find it. Guess there is a bow somewhere to find too.

Only thing I don't like is the combat animations or maybe its how combat works in general. I don't think its the latter though. It doesn't feel very smooth, dunno if its the animations or what...but its like playing a really old game of early 2000s lol. The graphics themselves are fine enough actually. I've seen way worse graphics in sorta newer games and they perform way worse.

However the animations seem really off to me. Not sure if its cause its on unity (pretty sure its unity right?) or what, but I dunno. 

Rest of game seems fine so far. Still a lot to figure out of course, still on tutorial island. Animations I doubt will change as I play though, but maybe rest of game will make up for it.
    Hyperpsycrow

Keep in mind, as I said above is only about a hour of play, I think like a hour and a half actually. So still figuring it all out. But that was my very first impressions really early. I liked it overall, besides the animations. But it was cool having to figure out how to do things and quests and what not, not being able to rely on a quest path and what not.

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,741
    edited January 2018
    TSW and ESO are the best on your list, but if you have tried them all already maybe something not on the list?

Also if you have tried so many MMO's, a MMO break may be called for.
    Hyperpsycrow
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    I don't even know what I should play this year yet...
  • viznewviznew Member CommonPosts: 4
    id say haven and hearth (got alot of exciteing stuff coming this year) theres alot of active players but map is pretty big so mabye try to get to northern kingdome or hedge hugs, where the biggest populations are, its in eternal alpha and always growing getting better i cant escape its grasp lol
    Hyperpsycrow
  • HyperpsycrowHyperpsycrow Member RarePosts: 910
    HAhaha " Gorgonite" LOL i was joking here people...Since suddenly there was 2 games names project gorgon and genom something..so i made up a name Gorgonite cuz it soundet funny for these 2 games both looking ridicules to me :D 

Ok now that is out of my system, then i Tryeed FF14 and still have 5-6 days left
    It feel slow in the start..running around in the town litterly handing over quest items to npc by dragging the items from my inventory to the npc...then there was some emote quest and now i still run around and skip all the cut scenes..i hope there will be some adventure and actions soon..or else its zzzzzzzzzzzzz

" Gorgonite " :p

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,875
    Project Gorgon does look interesting

• Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Hellow people !

So its 2018 and im in doubt what to play. But it must be Mmorpg genre.
    Since i miss a good game with active players and alot of stuff to do in game. ect crafting, housing, the usual mmorepg stuff.

And its like there only are few games that realy has the hype atm.
    Its games like:

Wow
    Guildwars 2
    Tera
    Secret World
    Path of exile
    Elder scrolls online
    Never winter
    Warfrane
    Black dessert online
    Blade and soul
    Rift

Basicly i tryed em all and left em for some reason...
    Its disapointing just to have these hype games to choose from.

But what should i play on the hype game list in here ?

none. play Horizon: Zero Dawn. one of the best games ive ever played.
    HyperpsycrowVerenath
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    OP, if you already own ESO, probably give that another go. It has quite a bit of versatility in terms of how you progress and you can level in various areas if one particular one gets boring. The community is pretty active due to the megaserver system and dungeons can be pretty interesting. The only main issue I have with the game is the lack of a universal AH (but I'm not gonna get into a whole thing about that). Aside from that, its overall pretty good and you have a lot more customization over your class as opposed to most mmorpgs on the market.
    Hyperpsycrow
    Hmm i tryed FF14 a bit..but im allready tired of it..Now i want to try Gorgonote project..cuz it looks bad but if the game looks bad and has tons of gameplay then im going in :)

Project Gorgon it is !!!   If you run this game with best gfx then it isent so bad..i tryed the game for 30 min and allready i like it :D  Puzzle..dungeons..secrets...loot...explore...skills...lore...it has it all :D
    Scorchien

edited January 2018
    Project Gorgon it is !!!   If you run this game with best gfx then it isent so bad..i tryed the game for 30 min and allready i like it :D  Puzzle..dungeons..secrets...loot...explore...skills...lore...it has it all :D
    Glad you like it Dark , take yer time and enjoy,and you have just scratched the surface...

When you begin to see how deep the crafting and lore skills run and how they effect your class build you will really be hooked.. It all ties together brilliantly imo
    Hyperpsycrow
    Scorchien said:
    Glad you like it Dark , take yer time and enjoy,and you have just scratched the surface...

When you begin to see how deep the crafting and lore skills run and how they effect your class build you will really be hooked.. It all ties together brilliantly imo
    I also learned this game is actualy hard to play. Also due to monsters spawns fast in dungeons

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    and what's bam gonna do next?

whatever the fuck he wants!
    Hyperpsycrow

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• HachlathHachlath Member UncommonPosts: 55
    edited January 2018
    Hellow people !

Its games like:

Wow
    Guildwars 2
    Tera
    Secret World
    Path of exile
    Elder scrolls online
    Never winter
    Warfrane
    Black dessert online
    Blade and soul
    Rift

You can try TESO WOW GW2 Eve Neverwinter POE. Forget the low budget mmos, mark my words. Payed for repopulation SOTA albion... and they are unplayable and unfinished.
    Hachlath said:
    Hellow people !

Its games like:

Wow
    Guildwars 2
    Tera
    Secret World
    Path of exile
    Elder scrolls online
    Never winter
    Warfrane
    Black dessert online
    Blade and soul
    Rift

You can try TESO WOW GW2 Eve Neverwinter POE. Forget the low budget mmos, mark my
    I allready beated all these games..found 1 mirror in poe and killet shaper, with full atlas and i even made a build that crash the whole game once i start doing maps. 

Nwn is meh...its pay 2 win with all these quest that Wants you to paayy !

Wow is ment for kidz now..and yes it is !  you cant deny that.

Gw 2 has no dungeons and hardly a craft systems that makes sence.

Teso-eso or what ever its called...its boring with these few skills to cast

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2018
    you dont want mmos. You already disregarded the only mmorpgs worth playing right now.

Take a break, play non-mmos, do other life activities. I don't know, but you certainly sound like you just want to force yourself to play an mmo. That will just make you hate the whole genre.

Just my thoughts.

you dont want mmos. You already disregarded the only mmorpgs worth playing right now.

Take a break, play non-mmos, do other life activities. I don't know, but you certainly sound like you just want to force yourself to play an mmo. That will just make you hate the whole genre.

Just my thoughts.
    You are right,.,im trying hard to like mmorpg but they are all dead to me..beside this Gorgonite game or what it was called...It will do for now. Like a place holder