Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rogue-like MMORPGs

SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
I just thought I'd share this out here.  I was playing Caves of Qud recently and wondered if there were any multi-player or MMORPG-like rogue-likes that exist.  I found a few interesting games.  Keep in mind these are rogue-likes.  The first is Isleward.com, which actually presents in a tileset of sorts.  It seems fairly simplistic, but you can hop in through the browser and play.  Another is TOMEnet.eu, which presents in ASCII, and totally has that rogue-like appeal.  It seems very complex and well-developed.  I really enjoy how the rogue-like genre gets the imagination involved in gaming.  The only irritation I noticed in these two is that the movement or is just a tad slow.  Because these are both online-multiplayer, it runs on a tick system.  Anyways, I just think this whole concept is a cool direction for mmorpgs.  I thought I'd share.  BTW I have no connections with these games; I'm just a gamer seeking games.  If you know of any others that are similar to these two, please, share.  I'd love to check them out.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

immodium