Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

350 dollars for tickets for a studio tour and other incentives

KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
For only a measley 350 dollars you can buy a ticket to tour their LA office and have a sit down dinner in their commissary and Q&A session with CR and select devs. Oh but you have to be concierge first.

I could have sworn they would give you a tour of their offices if you just asked nicely but in the land of SC everything is for sale, even tours of the building you helped pay for.

in case you’re wondering what the link says if you don’t have the proper generosity level.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7od3py/chairmans_club_letter_announces_private_concierge/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

WalkinGlenn

Comments

• VaselVasel Member UncommonPosts: 226
    I got  this email and  I could be considered a VIP contributor. I found this a bit excessive. This was  offensive to me and smacks of greed. At this point i should be getting this stuff for free not at a ridiculous price.  $350 x 3 = $1050 read again. .

• MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    CIG would resale pledges already sold if they thought they could get away with it.  I'm not surprised.

At this point, if SC comes out an incomplete mess or folds, it might literally start a war.
    DarkpigeonMrMelGibson

• some-clueless-guysome-clueless-guy Member UncommonPosts: 227
    I wonder: how much do snacks cost at the snack vending machine at their offices? If someone goes on a tour could you please check and let me know; I'm curious if the employees too are getting milked.

Just kidding of course, good luck to them, if there is demand no reason not to sell. He hasn't started selling blood after all, so there is that.
    MrMelGibson
  • TheScavengerTheScavenger Member EpicPosts: 3,321
    At least they haven't stooped too low (yet) that they are selling vials of their own blood

That goes straight into cult territory right there lol

My Skyrim, Fallout 4, Starbound and WoW + other game mods at MODDB: 

https://www.moddb.com/mods/skyrim-anime-overhaul

At least they haven't stooped too low (yet) that they are selling vials of their own blood

Paying over a grand to merely walk around an office building and have one-on-one team with lead devs definitely smacks of "pay the tribute to see the king."
    TheScavengerMrMelGibson

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Vasel said:
    I got  this email and  I could be considered a VIP contributor. I found this a bit excessive. This was  offensive to me and smacks of greed. At this point i should be getting this stuff for free not at a ridiculous price.  $350 x 3 = $1050 read again. .

I would hope it isn’t 1050 but rather poorly written to mean batches of tickets go on sale at those times
    edited January 2018

Paying over a grand to merely walk around an office building and have one-on-one team with lead devs definitely smacks of "pay the tribute to see the king."
    yeah, I mean...that is still pretty bad imo. Just man, vials of blood is still worst I've seen :P

In any case. 1000 dollars for a tour? I'd rather spend a LOT less money at disneyland lol. Also if you spend that money at disneyland (or whatever amusement park you like), you get to have a ton of fun right away. Bring the family or friends and you have a lifetime worth of memories. Be sure to take food though, amusement park food is expensive and crap :P

But that will save a ton of money than a tour where nothing really happens and it won't be a lifetime of memories and won't be an ultimate day of fun..

Kefo said:
    Vasel said:

I would hope it isn’t 1050 but rather poorly written to mean batches of tickets go on sale at those times
    Installments is pretty specific.  If it wasn't 3 separate payments, that wouldn't make the letter poorly written, it would make the letter patently wrong.

edited January 2018
    If you really want to tour a company, I recommend google lol. Spend the money on google instead of star citizen company. At least google has a ton of fun stuff for their employees and like a huge food area and stuff. I heard they even have their own professional cooks. So you probably get pretty good food.
    Octagon7711MrMelGibson

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    edited January 2018
    If they had just included a ship jpeg they cold have just sold that for $2500 and thrown in the tour for free.

Also, I think this clarifies it:
    This event will be limited to 60 tickets at $350 each, which will go on sale in three installments of 20 tickets on Fri, Jan 12th:

MadFrenchieMrMelGibson

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

edited January 2018
    If you really want to tour a company, I recommend google lol. Spend the money on google instead of star citizen company. At least google has a ton of fun stuff for their employees and like a huge food area and stuff. I heard they even have their own professional cooks. So you probably get pretty good food.
    Any Fortune X00 company would likely have more extensive facilities to tour.  For example, Allstate Home Office has a barber shop, a gas station, mechanic shop, daycare, and dog sitter on-site.  Hell, they'll come pick your car up and change the oil without the employee ever leaving his or her desk.

However, my spider senses tell me that this isn't about touring facilities.  It's about access to the almighty leader and another way to throw money at the team.

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    Parking is an additional fee.

No, seriously.

"[Parking] Available nearby at Westside Media Center, 12100 W Olympic Blvd for $12"
  • Tiamat64Tiamat64 Member RarePosts: 1,545
    Star Citizen isn't hurting for money at all, guys.  They raised 175 million!  Chris Roberts has great business sense!

/s
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800

MrMelGibson
    Parking is an additional fee.

No, seriously.

"[Parking] Available nearby at Westside Media Center, 12100 W Olympic Blvd for $12"
    LOL, burn.

....wait, you're serious?

*goes to the reddit thread*

Holy gazooks, you ARE serious O_o
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    I wonder if anyone would open a thread, if it were Blizzard or so.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Daikuru said:
    If blizzard charged 350 dollars to tour their studio you can bet someone would
    edited January 2018
    Daikuru said:
    W.... why would you think anyone wouldn't? Oo
  • ArillixArillix Member UncommonPosts: 88
    To bad, this smells of goons bad joke syndrome. Talk about falling hard and failing, right up there with Derek Smarts entire career.

Go ham on those petting zoos commandos!
    If they had just included a ship jpeg they cold have just sold that for $2500 and thrown in the tour for free.

Also, I think this clarifies it:
    This event will be limited to 60 tickets at $350 each, which will go on sale in three installments of 20 tickets on Fri, Jan 12th:

That makes much more sense the the original letter.
    MrMelGibson

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    edited January 2018
    I see it as a much cheaper version of the pay $1500 to see a concert, shake the hand and get a picture with your favorite music star.

I've also heard a lot of star athletes charge $350 for just an autograph.

Put it in that perspective, it's not that bad of a price.

Of course you would have to be a Chris Roberts fan.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Arillix said:
    To bad, this smells of goons bad joke syndrome. Talk about falling hard and failing, right up there with Derek Smarts entire career.

Go ham on those petting zoos commandos!
    ...huh?  Come again?
    MadFrenchie
    laserit said:
    I see it as a much cheaper version of the pay $1500 to see a concert, shake the hand and get a picture with your favorite music star.

I've never paid for an athlete's autograph before.  They do so many events where they're given freely, I can't imagine it'd be a huge amount of income.

• OrinoriOrinori Member RarePosts: 751
    I heard you even have to pay for fuel to get there, is this true?
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    laserit said:

I've never paid for an athlete's autograph before.  They do so many events where they're given freely, I can't imagine it'd be a huge amount of income.
    I wouldn't pay for any of that dinner/autograph crap. Those guys don't need any more help from my wallet ;)

watching the show is good enough for me
    MadFrenchieMrMelGibson

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee